PDA

View Full Version : hahahah .... no caption needed

Turn7
07-08-03, 03:08 PM
A picture is worth a thousand words.
I saw this in the Crapwagon Army Forum.....

http://frutsel.terrainhost.com/frutselapp/dump/Racetard/notg1.jpg

racer2c
07-08-03, 03:19 PM
:D

mapguy
07-08-03, 03:26 PM

They probably put that on until the idiotGrandson gave them a "Foyt Special" rev-limiter.

racer2c
07-08-03, 05:02 PM
This one was snapped a couple of hours later. I thought it was interesting. ;)

http://members.cox.net/34onyx/images/hornish.jpg

SteveH
07-08-03, 06:11 PM
what's the best buddies thing about on the front of the sidepod?

RaceChic
07-08-03, 09:59 PM
All I can say is..... just darn ugly! Nothing sleek about it. I look at it and don't see "fast" in the appearance! :shakehead
Beyond that...... hahahahahahahahaha :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

chop456
07-08-03, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by SteveH
what's the best buddies thing about on the front of the sidepod?

I don't know, unless it's an AIDS awareness campaign. The artwork looks like that of Keith Haring.

FRANKY
07-09-03, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by chop456
I don't know, unless it's an AIDS awareness campaign. The artwork looks like that of Keith Haring.

Haring it is for Best Buddies International. "to enhance the lives of people with intellectual difficulties"

Wheel-Nut
07-09-03, 09:12 AM
Are those photos for real or have they been altered?

RaceChic
07-09-03, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Wheel-Nut

Those Crapwagon folks will stick those stickers anywhere!!
Thread in Crapwagon.com (http://cartfanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7070)
Isn't it hilarious!!! :thumbup: :laugh: :thumbup: :laugh:

RaceChic
07-09-03, 09:49 AM
I just realized that I just acted dumber than a post....... We already have a thread about that here!!! Oh well. I think you get what I meant anyway! :shakehead :rofl: :shakehead

Warlock!
07-09-03, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Wheel-Nut
The ford/cosworth pic looks to be 'Shopped

Warlock!

RaceChic
07-09-03, 11:45 AM
Try this mission by a crappy on for size!!!!
Link (http://cartfanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=104206#post104206)

:rofl: :thumbup: :rofl: :thumbup: :rofl: :thumbup:

racer2c
07-09-03, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by RaceChic
Try this mission by a crappy on for size!!!!
Link (http://cartfanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=104206#post104206)

:rofl: :thumbup: :rofl: :thumbup: :rofl: :thumbup:

Try this link, yours had one to many https. ;)

Railbird
07-09-03, 12:02 PM
nothing like a little vandalism to entertain the simple minds.

RaceChic
07-09-03, 12:09 PM
I guess I am simple minded then. Those stickers can easily be peeled off. Nobody attacked anything with spray paint or anything.

Railbird
07-09-03, 12:17 PM
I guess I am simple minded then.

Thank you :p

I gave a couple of the folks over at TF hell for pulling the same kind of stunts when CART raced in Denver. They said they were just having fun and that I was a stick in the mud.

So be it, I still see it as childish nonsense.

Kinda like rocking some poor forlorned racefans car after an event, eh Chic?

Warlock!
07-09-03, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Railbird
So be it, I still see it as childish nonsense.
Ya ol' stick-in-da-mud!

Warlock!

RaceChic
07-09-03, 12:27 PM
Kinda like rocking some poor forlorned racefans car after an event, eh Chic?

I never placed the stickers. I had a laugh at the stories. But thanks for trying to compare my situation at the Brickyard400 just for being a CART fan to the simple placing of some stickers. I don't think that having your tires kicked, being cursed at for being a dumb f'n Canadian, having coolers scraped down your car, having your car shaked and being called all kinds of names in the book just because your car has CART stickers on it and you have personalized CART licence plates compares in the least to a few stickers casually stuck here and there. I never shook like that or felt on the verge of loosing it from fear like that ever before. You hear of crowds snapping and mobbing people. that was all I could think of. I somehow doubt that the people who find these stickers will ever feel that way. I'm sure you meant no malice in your statement, Railbird, but it is a very touchy issue for me and difficult to see as a comparison. :)

Railbird
07-09-03, 12:48 PM
one thing leads to another is the way I see it Chic.

JMO

racer2c
07-09-03, 01:03 PM
Wow, this thread went into the dumper.

RaceChic
07-09-03, 01:04 PM

It's like saying that because someone cheated on their spouse that the other spouse has the right to kill them both.
Perhaps if it had been your personal experiences, you may not see it in Black and White. JMO. :(
No hard feelings, Railbird. :) At least not about this thread. ;)

mapguy
07-09-03, 01:08 PM

JMO

With all due respect I think that there is a huge difference between putting a sticker on a car and physical violence.

Railbird
07-09-03, 02:25 PM
I think Chic might feint if she ever heard any tales from the Bog.

Just a few roadracing fans having fun

RaceChic
07-09-03, 02:30 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about 'bird. Fill me in, please? :confused:
Hope that you aren't being "light" on my story like I am a wuss.... ;)

Sean O'Gorman
07-09-03, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Warlock!
The ford/cosworth pic looks to be 'Shopped

Warlock!

Yes, it is. Notice the same woman is in the background in both pictures. That would've been hilarious if there really was a Cosworth sticker on that car, too bad the show car people probably wouldn't get the joke.

rabbit
07-09-03, 03:07 PM
It's vandalism.

Warlock!
07-09-03, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by rabbit
It's vandalism.
Beautification. :D

Warlock!

JT265
07-09-03, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by RaceChic
It's like saying that because someone cheated on their spouse that the other spouse has the right to kill them both.

Huh, ya' mean they don't????? :eek:

WHEW!! I better stay with the tour! :D

Turn7
07-09-03, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by rabbit
It's vandalism.

What about all those ads for pizza, dry cleaning, or yard service that people leave on my front doorknob? Or that free local newspaper that somebody keeps throwing in my yard every week? They are defacing my property but, I wouldn't call it vandelism. I would say it is creative advertising.

rocket
07-09-03, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Turn7
What about all those ads for pizza, dry cleaning, or yard service that people leave on my front doorknob? Or that free local newspaper that somebody keeps throwing in my yard every week? They are defacing my property but, I wouldn't call it vandelism. I would say it is creative advertising.

Good point there T7. I don't see how placing a little sticker comapres to the rousting RaceChic experienced. On one side it is good fun, but when someone feels their safety is being threatened it's a different story period. The line was crossed in RaceChic's case.:thumdown:

Some folks just can't determine where that line is.

rocket
07-09-03, 06:15 PM
dam

The last line wasn't pointed at you 'bird.

Railbird
07-09-03, 09:06 PM
Sorry Chic, vandalism is vandalism. IMO the same attitude that slaps a sticker on a show car can be magnified by numbers and brew into just what you experienced.

I spect there's still a few good ol' boys sittin' at home chucklin' about that "canuk chic" they jacked with at Indy a last year. Pretty much fun for them.

Funny when you're doing it, not so when you are dealing with it.

BTW

The Bog at the Glen started out as a good time party in the mud and ended with a Greyhound bus burned to the ground.

nrc
07-10-03, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Turn7

I would certainly consider it vandalism if any of the above placed an adhesive sticker on one of my cars.

Yeah, it's funny. But it would not be so amusing to walk out after the a race and find an IRL bumper sticker on your own car.

I suspect that most race teams are capable of removing stickers without as much trouble as it might cause you or I. But let's not pretend that that it's as harmless as a door hanger or a paper in the driveway.

FRANKY
07-10-03, 12:53 AM
A few thoughts:

If it were an IRL sticker on a Champ Car would it be as funny?

Ooooooooooooo he got so close to a crapwagon he actually touched it. :D

Dr. Corkski
07-10-03, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by FRANKY
If it were an IRL sticker on a Champ Car would it be as funny?Of course it is, because that wouldn't be vandalism, unless that sticker has a pizza ad on it, in which case it would be vandalism and a jihad must be declared.

In the end I am sure those crapwagon folks had good intentions in mind just like those friendly NASCAR fans at Indy. :gomer:

RaceChic
07-10-03, 07:21 AM
It's just a shame that I brought out a few links that were intended as a laugh and it turned into a thread where an experience that was terrible for me got brought up, thrown into the situation, and utilized to make a point. Have a laugh in the context it was intended.
As they say....... "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should." :cool:

RaceGrrl
07-10-03, 08:56 AM
For what it's worth, I don't necessarily think that people who would slap a Crapwagon or IRL sticker on a car are the same type of people who would threaten a person with violence. The two acts are much different, and are likely to be done by two different types of people for completely different reasons.

In Denver last year there were IRL stickers all over the CART transporters, and I saw at least one on a CART show car. It does go both ways, but I would never equate this kind of "sticker sharing" with what Chic went through at Indy.

racer2c
07-10-03, 10:58 AM
I added the Ford and Cosworth emblems in PhotoShop, keeping them obvious that they were superimposed, just for our own little simpleminded amusement here at OC. I assumed the anti-TG sticker was a digital manipulation that someone spent more time than I making it look convincingly real. IMO, if it is a digital manipulation than no harm no foul, real stickers on a display car is something that I myself wouldn't have done, and being someone else's property is vandalism. But, in the specific case of the anti-TG sticker, no one but us knows what it means anyway.