PDA

View Full Version : Order of posts?

TravelGal
12-30-19, 03:02 PM
For the last week or so I see a set number of threads, whether or not there have been new posts. It seems to me that formerly I saw the threads with new posts first on the list but now they are intermingled and sometimes so far down they are lost. It was easier before........

nrc
12-30-19, 04:46 PM
Hmm. I'm not aware of anything that changed on the backend. Check to see what your thread display options are showing at the bottom of the thread display page. It may be different per forum.

TravelGal
12-30-19, 04:52 PM
It's the same on mine. Maybe I've had too much egg nog but it's different now with "last post" order not being the order of the day. More, the unread ones were clustered. Or so so I thought. Another phrase pops to mind.

WickerBill
12-31-19, 02:51 PM
I get this when I read (for example) the top one but not the new posts in the second to top one.

When I return, the second to top one shows as unread, top one read.

This happened when vB went from old version to new - it's no longer cookie (time of visit) based on what you've read, it's what you've actually clicked on.

TravelGal
01-02-20, 03:53 PM
I get this when I read (for example) the top one but not the new posts in the second to top one.

When I return, the second to top one shows as unread, top one read.

This happened when vB went from old version to new - it's no longer cookie (time of visit) based on what you've read, it's what you've actually clicked on.

Thanks for the input. At least I have the explanation. Still looks odd to me but I'll bear this in mind. :)