PDA

View Full Version : “Greg Moore at 20”

rabbit
10-31-19, 02:22 AM
Marshall Pruett hosts a roundtable with Dario Franchitti, Max Papis, Paul Tracy, and Mike Zizzo (CART PR)

https://youtu.be/Arl_VOXJeAk

Great stories and memories of Greg. Interesting to hear all three drivers say he shouldn’t have been in the car that day with his hand injury. :(

Hard to believe it’s been 20 years. My wife was a big Moore fan and quit watching races with me after that day.

Kiwifan
10-31-19, 04:06 AM
Marshall Pruett hosts a roundtable with Dario Franchitti, Max Papis, Paul Tracy, and Mike Zizzo (CART PR)

https://youtu.be/Arl_VOXJeAk

Great stories and memories of Greg. Interesting to hear all three drivers say he shouldn’t have been in the car that day with his hand injury. :(

Hard to believe it’s been 20 years. My wife was a big Moore fan and quit watching races with me after that day.

Thanks mate, I know I cried that day. Hard to believe it has been it has been
years...….

pfc_m_drake
10-31-19, 06:00 AM
Thanks for posting. Like you guys said, hard to believe it's been 20 years.

TravelGal
10-31-19, 02:05 PM
It was the first Fontana race TravelGuy and I didn't go to. I had told him I just didn't want to go that year. I can still see the image of the car, upside down, on the screen, and the emergency team, not hurrying. I said to Larry right then, "Oh no. He's gone. They aren't rushing." Yet I still stared at the screen, hoping I was wrong. :(:(

SteveH
10-31-19, 05:00 PM

opinionated ow
11-01-19, 09:01 AM

My favourite CART photo of all time. Greg was a rare talent. The beatdown he gave the field in Indy Lights was bloody impressive and to be winning races in your early 20s in those heady days of CART talks load about his skills.

JoeBob
11-01-19, 09:42 AM
I always look at what Helio accomplished in his car. With a fraction of the talent and wonder what might have been.

Some people have moved on from The Split. For me, it meant never seeing Moore or Zanardi at Indianapolis. That’s unforgivable. I hope the perpetrators of that think about it today. What you took from him, and from us, and ask themselves if it was all worth it.

Somewhere I’ve got a picture of Greg from his Indy Lights days. Before he had vision correction. He was a little nerdy kid who grew up and did good. That’s the Greg I’m remembering.

nrc
11-02-19, 02:53 AM
Great clip. With all that CART stuff around I'm ready for those guys to roll out the Reynards and go racing.

SteveH
11-02-19, 10:55 AM
American IndyCar Series part 2. Where’s Bill Tempero when we need him?