PDA

View Full Version : What? There's a race this weekend? 2019

TravelGal
08-26-19, 12:27 PM
I swear there was a thread with this title but I can't find it in the last 90 days so here it goes again.

Last weekend, like nothing I've ever seen. More yellows than I can remember, but short enough that I didn't lose total interest. What racing in between! Holy cow. Wiggins tweeted wondering if it was the oldest podium in history. LOL LOL.

Ferrucci lights up the track. I read about F2 exploits and wondered if this guy had a personality transplant, did he get rid of his dad, or what?

opinionated ow
08-26-19, 02:54 PM
I swear there was a thread with this title but I can't find it in the last 90 days so here it goes again.

Last weekend, like nothing I've ever seen. More yellows than I can remember, but short enough that I didn't lose total interest. What racing in between! Holy cow. Wiggins tweeted wondering if it was the oldest podium in history. LOL LOL.

Ferrucci lights up the track. I read about F2 exploits and wondered if this guy had a personality transplant, did he get rid of his dad, or what?

I think it's more that he was told from the start last year that no nonsense would be tolerated. Kid clearly has talent.

I haven't seen it yet but everything I've read implies it was really good.

swift
08-29-19, 11:05 PM
I watched Gateway on Sunday morning, had some good moments. I liked how they could [usually] recover from small twitches and getting up in the marbles. 1-1/2 grooves.

[SPOILER BELOW]
About 3/4 through it looked like Coyne had a 1-2 finish in the bag. They were leading while getting the longest stints out of their tires.

...Then Bourdais loops it on his final stop's out-lap, shuffling the eventual podium finishers to the front. :mad: