PDA

View Full Version : Pocono has to go

EDwardo
08-18-19, 02:57 PM
I just watched the start of the race. Several drivers are lucky they are alive. That was a really bad wreck. A red flag on the first lap.

devilmaster
08-18-19, 04:09 PM
I just watched the start of the race. Several drivers are lucky they are alive. That was a really bad wreck. A red flag on the first lap.

My twitter blew up. Had to go see.

Remember that Pocono was infamous for being the slowest to safety-upgrade the track. Even into the 2000s they didn't have fencing all the way around and armco still protected the infield. If for no other reason, Pocono goes because this is how they fix it.

nrc
08-18-19, 04:37 PM
Is that a zip tie? It looks like a zip tie. :eek:

EDwardo
08-18-19, 05:42 PM
Official Catch Fence Repair Kit of Indycar

Lux Interior
08-18-19, 09:45 PM
Bad move by Sato. Of all people he should never have made that error. His driving resume is world class.

chop456
08-18-19, 10:25 PM
Just watched a clip on Twitter. Not going to waste too much time on this, but what I saw looked like a driver problem, not a track problem. What happened? (All I watched was the actual wreck, not slo-mo, aftermath, discussion, etc.)

devilmaster
08-18-19, 10:56 PM
Just watched a clip on Twitter. Not going to waste too much time on this, but what I saw looked like a driver problem, not a track problem. What happened? (All I watched was the actual wreck, not slo-mo, aftermath, discussion, etc.)

Sato got a great run outta turn 1 lap 1, tried to take the highside 3 wide following another car. they all came together. Lots of Sato bashing, he defended he had the run, Rossi disagrees. 5 cars out. Sato ended upside down on hunter-rey's car. Rosenquist got into the wall, and is hospitalized. Hinchcliffe once again also got into it.

Pocono track workers fixed the fence with an old fencegate and zip strips. (see photo above)

Wickens tweets stop going to pocono, sage karem agrees. All the other drivers involved are drawing dotted lines on roll-cam still shots claiming the proper driving lines.

Townsend bell trolls them all.

devilmaster
08-18-19, 11:10 PM
Rossi and Sato are arguing driving lines...

Townsend Bell responds...

TravelGal
08-19-19, 12:44 AM
If you were watching the race last year, you heard the announcers' comments that Wickens was over-ambitious trying to make that move. When the extent of his injuries was known, that chatter stopped. No one was seriously hurt this year (Rosenquist checked and released) but Sato made yet another bonehead move. Sato was only barely partly ahead of Rossi. Unless Sato wanted Rossi to slam on his brakes, there was no way Sato didn't hit him by turning in. Even Sato said in his interview that he thought he was clear. In other words, racing fog overcame him and spotters deserted him. :mad: PS, I'm not a fan of either so I'm just calling it as I see it.

G.
08-19-19, 10:53 PM
Is that a zip tie? It looks like a zip tie. :eek:

To be fair, the duck tape is in the back of Billy's truck, and he had to go home to fix a leaky pipe.

:gomer:

gerhard911
08-19-19, 11:46 PM
To be fair, the duck tape is in the back of Billy's truck, and he had to go home to fix a leaky pipe.

:gomer:

Duck tape ? :saywhat: You need to watch more Red Green. "Duct tape, 'the handyman's secret weapon', was usually the fastener of choice."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Red_Green_Show :p

G.
08-20-19, 10:35 PM
Duck tape ? :saywhat: You need to watch more Red Green. "Duct tape, 'the handyman's secret weapon', was usually the fastener of choice."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Red_Green_Show :p

I am familiar with Red Green.

Remember, If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. :thumbup:

TravelGal
08-22-19, 01:21 PM

Remember, If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. :thumbup:

:thumbup::thumbup:

gerhard911
08-25-19, 09:31 PM

A great Red Green quote! Unfortunately, I'm pretty damned handy but its not proven to be much of an attraction.