PDA

View Full Version : Car electrical problem?

TravelGal
06-06-19, 01:37 PM
Joy to the world. Away 18 days. Go out and car goes BEEP BEEP BEEP when the start car button is pushed. Brake pedal does not depress. Lights come on so it's not the battery. I know this also because it happened a month ago; I thought it WAS the battery (5 years old) so I bought a new one. That means battery now 1 month old. Before I get AAA to crank this thing up so I can take it to the dealership (still under whatever warranty they will attempt to evade), any thoughts on what might be wrong? Repair dude says started may be flat spotted.

Forgot to add that at one point the "too close for comfort" forward warning light flashed and unintelligible words appeared on the dash. I was not near anything so something's definitely going south. It's a 2014 Honda Accord with 20,000 miles on it. Red, if that makes any difference. :rofl::rofl: j/k. Still jetlagged.

TravelGal
06-06-19, 08:27 PM
The problem was definitely that it's red. :gomer:

Seriously, the service guy knows me so he went over the various possible causes on the phone. Two of the three choices involved the remote. It isn't sending or the car isn't receiving the signal to activate the start up. Ever hopeful, I took my spare remote to the car and vrooooooooom, it started. Ergo, original remote not transmitting properly. Probably. I'm going in tomorrow to see if there is anything further to the problem. Film at 11.

nrc
06-06-19, 10:45 PM
Are these the same symptoms that it had before you replaced the battery? I wonder if something got reset or forgotten during the time it had no power during the battery change.