PDA

View Full Version : We bought a little fixer upper

nrc
05-19-19, 08:16 PM
We bought a littler fixer upper cabin in Southern Ohio. Ok, it's really a tiny hunting shack with no utilities and a two holer.

988 989

Ok, the shack isn't really the point. It's 12 wooded acres near our hometown. God willing and the creek don't rise we would like to build a proper home and retire there eventually. There's a lot to do between now and then. There's a gravel drive that needs repair and possibly relocated, potential challenges getting a septic system, and a good distance to run utilities. At least county water is available so no well to worry about.

We're keeping our fingers crossed that we can work our way through it all. It seems like a safe investment because if things don't work out we can flip it for at least what we have in it. It's a great hunting property and anything we do to improve it even just for camping should be a good investment.

Wish us luck. :D

chop456
05-20-19, 06:15 AM
A person could draw great inspiration for authoring one's manifesto in such a place.

Enjoy!

nrc
05-20-19, 12:06 PM
A person could draw great inspiration for authoring one's manifesto in such a place.

Enjoy!

Hoodie and aviators not included. :D

WickerBill
05-21-19, 10:05 AM
That's awesome!! Congrats on both the purchase and the new, lifelong hobby of building and tweaking and maintaining it. :)

Kiwifan
05-21-19, 02:20 PM
I see an episode of Barnwood Builders coming up. :D

Congrats on your new purchase.

nrc
05-23-19, 06:43 PM
I see an episode of Barnwood Builders coming up. :D

Congrats on your new purchase.

Thanks. I've watched a few episodes of Barnwood Builders and they do some amazing things. There's an Amish company in the area that we're hoping to use if all the stars line up.

Kiwifan
05-27-19, 04:35 AM
Saw an episode where they got either Amish or folks from a similar background to help them with a project. Amazing to see the old ways still being used.

Good luck with your project.