PDA

View Full Version : Drive Like Andretti

TravelGal
05-16-19, 02:47 PM
Spoiler free:

I've watched this twice (the last 10 minutes didn't record on the first DVR try). Loved it. Particularly loved the discussion with Michael about that Father's Day race in Portland when they came in 1,2. "I did." You have to watch it to hear the way he said it.

nrc
05-21-19, 05:21 PM
Debating on whether to record this. Andretti the senior always seemed like a class act but his kid still makes my blood boil.

rabbit
05-22-19, 08:39 AM
Debating on whether to record this. Andretti the senior always seemed like a class act but his kid still makes my blood boil.I haven?t seen the whole thing yet, just the segments that have been released on YouTube. And it?s really good so far.

Gopeddle
05-22-19, 10:41 AM
Debating on whether to record this. Andretti the senior always seemed like a class act but his kid still makes my blood boil.
I have worked with both Mario and Michael many times over the years and I found them both to be very professional and personable. Michael was always gracious and willing to do what ever I asked of him. I remember many years ago I was sent to Mid-Ohio to do a video with Michael during an open test. Somewhere along the line there was a screw up and he didn't know we were coming. I spoke with his manager and Michael and he made time to sit with me. He was friendly and found the humor in my situation. The video came off without a hitch , well, a couple of hitches, but he was a pleasure. I always thought he got a very bad rap.

Elmo T
05-24-19, 03:04 PM
I always thought he got a very bad rap.

Insert your own "I was nearly run over by Michael on his scooter" story here...

SteveH
05-24-19, 04:49 PM
Insert your own "I was nearly run over by Michael on his scooter" story here...

Mine was in the garages at Indy and he about hit me on a bicycle. I yelled out his name and he looked back at me like he had gotten in trouble. :D

RTKar
05-26-19, 09:51 PM
I have worked with both Mario and Michael many times over the years and I found them both to be very professional and personable. Michael was always gracious and willing to do what ever I asked of him. I remember many years ago I was sent to Mid-Ohio to do a video with Michael during an open test. Somewhere along the line there was a screw up and he didn't know we were coming. I spoke with his manager and Michael and he made time to sit with me. He was friendly and found the humor in my situation. The video came off without a hitch , well, a couple of hitches, but he was a pleasure. I always thought he got a very bad rap.

That's good to hear, the father made his own path from nothing. Michael rode the family name, that's really my only beef with him. From my CART days wandering around the pits, I always thought it was easier to be nice when you were a back marker getting no attention. Penske & NH always drew crowds and that must have been tough.