Daytona Firecracker 400
CART Cleveland
IRL Kansas
French Grand Prix

What are the odds?

Ziggy

Railbird
07-07-03, 08:35 PM
That's kind of a strange happening isn't it?

I thought Cleveland, Kansas and the French GP were all pretty interesting races though and even though I didn't keep too close an eye on the Firecracker any time a rook wins is cool.

All of the races fell to the best team effort though didn't they? Solid drives in good cars with great pit work and smart strategy.

something to be said for that.

Lizzerd
07-07-03, 08:59 PM
You gotta be kidding me. I didn't see the Earl or WC races, but no on-track passes for the lead in either one? I believe you, but I find it incredible.

krunch
07-07-03, 09:22 PM
One thing about the lack of on-track passing in all these races is that maybe it's time for the unsung heroes in the pits to get the pat on the back they so deserve.

Now if it's passing you want to see...
The bike racing's back on this coming weekend!

pchall
07-07-03, 09:23 PM
I've never thought that an on track pass for the lead was the ne plus ultra of motorsports. But when two series of jiggered racin' can't manage one, they have a problem...

racer2c
07-07-03, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by pchall
I've never thought that an on track pass for the lead was the ne plus ultra of motorsports. But when two series of jiggered racin' can't manage one, they have a problem...

Tsk tsk pc, didn't you get the memo? It's not status quo to dis the sedans anymore.

RaceGrrl
07-07-03, 09:42 PM
So there wasn't an on track pass for the lead in Cleveland... doesn't matter to me. I was pretty occupied watching the racing for P4-7 and watching the leaders cut through traffic. Good racing all the same.

pchall
07-07-03, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by racer2c
Tsk tsk pc, didn't you get the memo? It's not status quo to dis the sedans anymore.

My initials make me immune to new trends in political correctness. :p

RTKar
07-07-03, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
So there wasn't an on track pass for the lead in Cleveland... doesn't matter to me. I was pretty occupied watching the racing for P4-7 and watching the leaders cut through traffic. Good racing all the same.

...and the Atlantic's race was pretty good.... As far as the Champcars go, having a scanner allows insight into the teams strategies which tends to make the races more interesting despite the lack of on track passing. Hearing the Newmann-Haas crew tell Sebastian to keep pushing after taking one turn of front wing with a quick stop, while Tracy cussed his way around chasing him on short fuel and a handling problem made the race a bit more interesting.

Chief
07-08-03, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by pchall
My initials make me immune to new trends in political correctness. :p

Solid recovery PC!! :rofl:

Classic Apex
07-08-03, 04:18 PM
Although it occurred before the first official lap was complete, I think its quite safe to say that PT passed Bourdais in Turn 1 after the flag dropped.

And a great pass it was.

:cool:

Ankf00
07-08-03, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Brian Ericson
Although it occurred before the first official lap was complete, I think its quite safe to say that PT passed Bourdais in Turn 1 after the flag dropped.

And a great pass it was.

owned. bahaha.

Lizzerd
07-08-03, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Brian Ericson

And a great pass it was.

It was a great move into the first turn. PT set himself up for a great exit speed and got a bit lucky to have a nose in front as he hit the apex. Then he took off... for a while.