PDA

View Full Version : 2019 NFL Off Season

nrc
02-13-19, 01:51 PM
Just checking in for WB's reaction to his new QB.

I have no idea what to make of the Bengals next year. All reviews on Zac Taylor are positive but I have no clue how he will do as a head coach. Everyone seems excited about a clean sheet. I hope they're right.

Signing a defensive coordinator would probably help my confidence.

WickerBill
02-13-19, 02:26 PM
Ehhhhhhh

Fourth rounder, 8M guaranteed if we cut him...it's not a huge risk. He's better than Keenum, who they spent a LOT more money on.

I don't think he's taking us to the Super Bowl or anything.

nrc
03-19-19, 02:46 AM
Yow! The Bengals have cut Vontez Burfict. I know that may not seem surprising to those who have been fed the sports media's version of Burfict, but at his best he was the best LB the Bengals have had in decades. If he goes to a favored team and plays anywhere close to his best you can bet that he'll immediately be recast in the media as a "misunderstood, hard-nosed football player".

Unfortunately, injuries and dealing with the target on his back seem to knocked him into mediocrity and if he doesn't produce immediately even the Steelers or Pats won't be able to rehabilitate his reputation.

This is probably a good move from the standpoint that the last thing a new coaching staff needs is the wildcard of whether a team leader like that will be able to stay on the field.

Still no idea what to expect from the this crew. I've never heard of most of them so it could be the second coming of Dave Shula for all I know.

WickerBill
03-19-19, 07:09 AM
You see that over and over in the NFL - a change of clothes can get a man a new reputation. However, you also see it plenty where it doesn't (Pacman, Josh Gordon...)

Gruden must be salivating over him.

nrc
03-21-19, 05:16 PM
The re-writing of history has begun.

The line on Burfict has already significantly softened in some of the press accounts. Whether he gets the full rewrite will depend on whether he can deliver on the field.

I took the Gruden comment as a joke given Brown's presence in... wherever they are now. But I had forgotten that Paul Gunther was there now.

nrc
04-26-19, 03:03 AM
Ha. I think the Steelers thought they were stealing Bush from the Bengals but I wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals had Jonah Williams at the top of their board anyway. I certainly didn't want Bush. He really didn't show much against the Buckeyes.

The Bengals desperately need offensive line help. If Zack Taylor's mission is to create an exciting offense then Andy Dalton can't do that lying on his back.

How do you Giants fans feel about a Duke QB vs OSU's Haskins?

TravelGal
04-27-19, 12:54 AM
This Giants fan doesn't know enough about it to say. You would have had to have the reply from GManFan. Nevertheless, I watched the whole first round. :(:(