PDA

View Full Version : Electric Toothbrushes

TedN
01-12-19, 11:35 AM
I have been using a Braun Oral-B for several years now. Recently on a local radio station, the hosts were praising the Phillips Sonicare. Said it did a better job and their dental hygienists noticed a difference the first visit after starting to use it.

I've done some research and seen a number of unsatisfied users; mainly complaints about the unit failing after 1 year.

Anyone use this brand? Looking for comments both good and bad.

Thanks in advance.

Ted

WickerBill
01-12-19, 04:14 PM
I've used a Sonicare Essence for four years with zero problems. Can't vouch for the efficacy vs. Braun, but it has made a huge difference over manual.

TravelGal
01-12-19, 08:16 PM
Can't vouch for the efficacy vs. Braun, but it has made a huge difference over manual.

How? My fillings are held together by a little bit of tooth so I have always been afraid that an electric toothbrush would be too vigorous. Now I'm getting to the stage where I'm paying more attention to gum health so wondering if that is one of the advantages.

WickerBill
01-13-19, 02:45 PM
Tartar / plaque buildup control mostly.

There is definitely some vigor and vibration but my dentist has said my gumline is much healthier - because of the better buildup removal.

indyfan31
01-14-19, 12:51 PM
Tartar / plaque buildup control mostly.

There is definitely some vigor and vibration but my dentist has said my gumline is much healthier - because of the better buildup removal.

Same here, also using the oral-B for over a year.

Insomniac
01-21-19, 12:04 PM
I've used a Sonicare since the 1990s. The original (I had the "Advanced" model) lasted close to 20 years in my house and was only replaced because it was so old. I've had the Diamond Clean since 2013. I went with Sonicare then because the competition wasn't there. I love it personally. My teeth have been and just feel cleaner. With the latest models, you can use any of the various brush heads. My model has 5 modes and I only use 1. I'd recommend finding the handle with the features you like and trying different brush heads. Also, one big difference with a manual toothbrush is you don't have to scrub hard. Just glide across your teeth and let it do the work. I have not used the 90 day satisfaction guarantee, but did use the 45 day Norelco one with no problem.

Lux Interior
01-21-19, 09:20 PM
+1 for Sonicare used one for years.