Dvdb
09-12-18, 02:08 PM
Picks, please.

nrc
09-15-18, 12:35 AM
:thumbup:

Dvdb
09-19-18, 06:42 PM
No alliterations this week...…..just a bump.

TravelGal
09-20-18, 01:14 PM
Having gone from tying for first to sweeping the floor in one week, I am reminded that I come by my pool name honestly. I am "just guessing" especially while baseball is on. Watched all 9 inning of the Yanks clobbering the Red Sox last night. (GManFan also big BronxBombersFan) What I know about football came across the crawl on the bottom of the screen. Most of which I don't remember. LOL. Have at it guys!

nrc
09-28-18, 01:28 PM
I'm in! TG? WB?

TravelGal
09-29-18, 04:57 AM
I'm jess before doin' it.

WickerBill
09-29-18, 12:08 PM
I'm in - thanks for the reminder!

TravelGal
10-02-18, 02:34 PM
I'm in already. Leaving tomorrow for Antigua (12 hotel site inspections in 5 days) so I won't be back until next week. Since the Giants are so miserably unpredictable, I decided to honor the GManFanMemorial and do what he did: pick them every week, no matter what. :)

Dvdb
10-03-18, 08:43 PM
Bumperoo....picks, please

TravelGal
10-10-18, 03:14 PM
On my 48 hour R&R back in LA. LOL. Next up, this weekend in N'Awlins. Now to see who won last week and what to do about next week. :D Edit: Absent any information on how well any team played and/or injuries, I've reverted pretty much to who I hope wins. LOL. Am I mathematically eliminated from winning the season yet?

Dvdb
10-10-18, 05:34 PM
Without taking pencil to paper, you would have to really go off the rails in the next few weeks to be eliminated. Think two or three wins a week. Baby steps, Marge, baby steps.

TravelGal
10-11-18, 02:12 PM
Without taking pencil to paper, you would have to really go off the rails in the next few weeks to be eliminated. Think two or three wins a week. Baby steps, Marge, baby steps.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Dvdb
10-17-18, 06:57 PM
Pick ‘em if you got ‘em

TravelGal
10-19-18, 12:11 PM
I don't got 'em but I picked 'em. :gomer: (Haven't had to use that smilie face in a long time.)

Dvdb
10-21-18, 08:55 PM
Someone is having a good week. (Looking at you, Marge)

TravelGal
10-21-18, 10:15 PM
Someone is having a good week. (Looking at you, Marge)

:D:D Must be because it's my birthday. :) AND it would have been better but I broke the golden rule--I was listening to some guy on sports radio so I went back in and CHANGED my pick from New Orleans to Baltimore. Dag nab it! Edit: I'm letting you win, however, with my sentimental GMan pick.

Dvdb
10-22-18, 10:29 PM
HBD, as the kids say, Marge. And the irony doesn’t escape me if you lose with the Giants this week. ;)

TravelGal
10-23-18, 12:58 PM
HBD, as the kids say, Marge. And the irony doesn’t escape me if you lose with the Giants this week. ;)

Thanks. GMen made it more of a game than I expected. I couldn't watch except for a few minutes. Too emotional for me. I'm still last but made up some this week. The next few weeks will be an adventure. I'll be in Turkey and Greece in November so picks will be made a couple of weeks at a time. !!

TravelGal
10-30-18, 03:26 PM
In for next week and pure guesses coming via PM for Nov 11 and 17. Good luck all!

WickerBill
11-05-18, 03:31 PM
You won the week again, TG...

Dvdb
11-07-18, 06:44 PM
TravelGal making moves.....

Picks, please.

Dvdb
11-11-18, 03:27 PM
Well, this week is interesting......everyone has the same picks for EVERY game....the points will truly be a tiebreaker!

nrc
11-12-18, 12:13 PM
That's funny. I don't recall that ever happening before. I wonder if WB's points pick is like mine - just too lazy to type two different digits. :D

WickerBill
11-12-18, 12:51 PM
Worse. I picked 44 before so my browser offered it to me as a form fill option so I took it. :)

Dvdb
11-15-18, 01:23 PM
We need a stats guy to figure out the odds of that happening. :D

TravelGal
11-18-18, 04:08 PM
You won the week again, TG...

Boggles the mind how I can go from worst to best. Keeps it's real. LOL. Wonder how I'm going to do this week? I see I shoulda stuck wit dem GMen! :laugh:

TravelGal
11-19-18, 08:40 AM
Holy upset Batman! You wondered what were the odds from last week when everyone had the same picks. What are the odds this week that the lowly TravelGal, picking THREE weeks in advance, would nail so many upsets.

I have to do the same thing again, for two weeks this time. Watch out world. LOL LOL. :laugh::laugh:

TravelGal
11-20-18, 03:07 PM
I'm in for the next two weeks. Commish, I figured out how to do the picks myself. I just had to refresh the page after opening it and the radio buttons showed up. :gomer:

Dvdb
11-21-18, 04:14 PM
:thumbup:

TravelGal
11-25-18, 08:40 PM
Dag gum Giants! I had to pick 'em. For Larry's sake, against the dratted Iggles. :mad:

nrc
11-26-18, 02:12 AM
Geesh, TG! If you're going to insist on picking differently than the rest of us at least get them both right so we're not all tied. :D

TravelGal
11-26-18, 03:15 AM
Geesh, TG! If you're going to insist on picking differently than the rest of us at least get them both right so we're not all tied. :D

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dvdb
11-28-18, 08:45 PM
Time for the weekly bump....

TravelGal
12-04-18, 02:37 PM
Man, I've got to go away more often. I do so much better when I'm REALLY guessing a week or more in advance. When I'm here, forget it. LOL. Well, I'm here for the duration so here goes....

Dvdb
12-06-18, 02:00 PM
Pick ‘em

TravelGal
12-11-18, 12:23 PM
Bears to left of me, Seahawks to the right. Here I am back at the bottom again. With apologies to Stealers Wheel. But as GManFan always said, how can you pick the team you're not routing for? Darn old Vikings. :cry:

Dvdb
12-13-18, 02:59 PM
Bump.....and keep the faith, Marge. Keep the faith.

TravelGal
12-13-18, 05:23 PM
Bump.....and keep the faith, Marge. Keep the faith.

:laugh::laugh: The biggest Q of the week is Chargers or KC? I'm sorta leaning to KC but glad I don't have to pick.

Dvdb
12-13-18, 08:58 PM
For my other pool, I always(?) take the home team on a Thursday. A lot to ask for a team to travel and win on a short week.

WickerBill
12-14-18, 08:18 AM
OTHER POOL?

*gasp*

TravelGal
12-14-18, 01:12 PM
:laugh::laugh: The biggest Q of the week is Chargers or KC? I'm sorta leaning to KC but glad I don't have to pick.

OTHER POOL?

*gasp*

:laugh::laugh:

Well, I was right up until the last 4 seconds. I can't remember if I posted in the pre-season that the Chargers were just so incredibly bad but so incredibly loose. It was like they knew something we didn't. Seems like maybe they did. I'm reminded of the quote, "Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance."

TravelGal
12-18-18, 02:45 AM
21? TWENTY ONE? What was that, a card game? I think our assembled average [guess] was more than twice that.

Dvdb
12-20-18, 02:59 PM
“Other pool” is simply a nationwide pool that runs in the local newspaper.

Bump.....for nrc. Picks, please.

WickerBill
12-20-18, 03:53 PM
Me: I hate Thursday Night Football. The quality of the games is lessened, and injuries are higher, and it's just a money-grab by the NFL.

Also me: No football tonight?! Noooooooooo! COME ON!

nrc
12-20-18, 09:04 PM
I know that scheduling is already a nightmare but I wonder why they don't just make a rule of thumb that teams will always have a bye before a Thursday night game.

Dvdb
12-27-18, 12:34 PM
End o’season bump. Make your picks!

TravelGal
12-30-18, 05:51 PM
Giants!!! :cry::cry::cry:

WickerBill
01-07-19, 07:59 AM
I'm grateful for all of you having just as bad a weekend as I did with the picks. I logged on to see the carnage of my mistakes and was pleasantly surprised by y'all. :)

nrc
01-08-19, 03:05 AM
I'm grateful for all of you having just as bad a weekend as I did with the picks. I logged on to see the carnage of my mistakes and was pleasantly surprised by y'all. :)

I figured Dallas an Houston were toss-ups but I really didn't expect both the Ravens and da Bears to lay an egg. I guess I should watch some games next week.

TravelGal
01-08-19, 01:41 PM

I figured Dallas an Houston were toss-ups but I really didn't expect both the Ravens and da Bears to lay an egg. I guess I should watch some games next week.

I NEV-AH expected the Chargers to win. That's not what they do. They get to the playoffs and cave. Oh, wait, NOW they're in the actual play offs. What to do; what to do. As far as the Bears, it absolutely broke my heart to see the hated Iggles win, especially the way they did it. GManFan would be incensed. He never felt that 'calling time out' in the last 3 seconds by the opposing team ***** should be allowed.

nrc
01-14-19, 12:48 AM
You folks forgot that it's time for the Pats to start showing up for games. :gomer:

I'm hoping that the Chiefs can take them next week since I'd really like to see the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. It's a toss up on the NFC side. On one hand I'd be happy to see Andrew Whittworth (former Bengals tackle) in the big game with the Rams but on the other hand, it is LA and I think Drew Brees is due a shot for a Super Bowl.

TravelGal
01-14-19, 09:05 PM
You folks forgot that it's time for the Pats to start showing up for games. :gomer:

I'm hoping that the Chiefs can take them next week since I'd really like to see the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. It's a toss up on the NFC side. On one hand I'd be happy to see Andrew Whittworth (former Bengals tackle) in the big game with the Rams but on the other hand, it is LA and I think Drew Brees is due a shot for a Super Bowl.

Welllll, as GManFan said, you can't be much of a fan if you pick against them. So, I picked for them. Nevertheless they did the Classic Charger Collapse. It's what they do. Agreed about the Chiefs. Off to make my guesses.

TravelGal
01-25-19, 01:06 PM
After searching my heart and brain I came to the inescapable conclusion that heart says Rams and brain says you can't beat Brady. It happened last year but something was obviously wrong with him. Nevertheless, I have to go with the ever-present GManFan philosophy when I have a dog in the fight and go with that dog. An underdog in my book, regardless of how the Vegas line waivers. Sigh.

TravelGal
02-04-19, 12:23 AM
:thumbup::thumbup: Congrats to WickerBill for a convincing win for the season. Same ole, same ole for me. Came in last 4 of the weeks. We all tied 4 of the weeks. Tied for last 3 of the weeks. Still, tied for first once. Won 3 of the weeks and the CC. Came close to NRC and sort of close to the commish. Not an awful showing for someone who was literally out of the country at least a third of the season. I had a good time. Thanks for playing you guys. :)

nrc
02-04-19, 11:20 PM
I blame the fact that I kind of checked out on the rest of the NFL after the Bengals had tanked for the season. Meanwhile I suspect that WB works from home as an Internet sports gambler.

WickerBill
02-05-19, 07:20 AM
I blame the fact that I kind of checked out on the rest of the NFL after the Bengals had tanked for the season. Meanwhile I suspect that WB works from home as an Internet sports gambler.

Starting.... now