PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Football Pool

Dvdb
09-02-18, 09:34 AM
It's Labor Day weekend, a weekend of College football, and time to get the annual football pool going.

Poolhost.com

Pool ID: 29416

Password: Zanardi

Unless I hear otherwise from a majority, we will include Thursday games again this year.

I will post weekly reminders to get your picks in.

If you do forget to make your picks by the deadline, you can dm me your selections and I will get them in, with a one game penalty.

Good luck, players!

DB

TravelGal
09-03-18, 01:02 PM
Already a member

You're already a member to this pool, "OffCamber NFL17 Kevin "

Name change or not the right pool? Edit: Seems to be the right pool, even if Dando is the leader at the moment.

nrc
09-03-18, 02:11 PM
OffCamber NFL17 Kevin

I'm in!

TravelGal
09-07-18, 01:35 AM
You made me cry. :cry: But thank you. I still cry every day but I don't write about it any more because people are tired of hearing about it. It's six months now and in some ways easier to bear but every day, every minute, brings its own challenges. :(

Apparently my pick for tonight's game didn't register so I'm already behind. Last year it used to tell you when you hadn't made the requisite number of picks but this year it didn't. Oh well.

nrc
09-07-18, 09:23 AM
The commish excluded Thursday games because we're so terrible at getting our picks in before Thursday.

If anyone is really tired of hearing about it they should count themselves blessed that they're not the one trying to navigate through their life after the loss of a spouse or a close loved one. I can't imagine how hard it must be to get through all of the milestones of a year for the first time without. I hope you're finding some peace.

For me it's always been helpful to remember the good times with my Dad, for example, during football season. I took him to an OSU game once. He had never been and that was a very special event for him.

TravelGal
09-07-18, 01:30 PM
The commish excluded Thursday games because we're so terrible at getting our picks in before Thursday.

If anyone is really tired of hearing about it they should count themselves blessed that they're not the one trying to navigate through their life after the loss of a spouse or a close loved one. I can't imagine how hard it must be to get through all of the milestones of a year for the first time without. I hope you're finding some peace.

For me it's always been helpful to remember the good times with my Dad, for example, during football season. I took him to an OSU game once. He had never been and that was a very special event for him.

Oh, thanks for telling me. All I saw was, "Unless I hear otherwise from a majority, we will include Thursday games again this year." It's good news that they are not included.

Thank you for your sympathy. I still get calls and letters and that's so important but when I talk, people don't listen in the same way. People mean well but their lives have moved on. I don't blame them. I still find it impossible to remember happy times. It hurts too much. If I remember happiness it contrasts so deeply with what I'm feeling now, I can't stand it. That's why the name of the poll made me cry. I'm a wreck today.