PDA

View Full Version : Kermit

rabbit
07-07-03, 06:35 PM
I have to admit, before this weekend I was not a Sebastian Bourdais fan. It wasn't that I disliked him. I just didn't care either way. I was busy rooting for Patreek and Michel to worry about the rook. He just seemed kind of bland to me.

But, I had the chance to talk to him all three days at Cleveland and I came away very impressed. He is very open, laid back and friendly. He has a great sense of humor that will come out more as he gets more acclimated to this country. He attacks your hand when he shakes it, practically winding up to do it. He gave me a firm handshake after the race Saturday and just minutes later showed me the quarter-sized blisters he had all over his hand after two days testing at Mid-Ohio and three days at Cleveland. Dude is tough as nails and anyone who watched the last five minutes of qualifying Friday and the race Saturday knows he's an absolute bad@$$ behind the wheel.

He earned a new fan this weekend. Two of them actually. My wife was with me and she's a fan now too. I just hope he doesn't pull a Villeneuve/Montoya/da Matta and bolt for F1. I'm looking forward to watching him leave PT in his wake for years to come. :thumbup:

It just shows how important it is for CART to get these guys in front of the fans and keep them around so they can build a following. CART can never grow if it just becomes a revolving-door feeder series for F1.

CARTNUT
07-07-03, 08:29 PM
uhhhh, I still don't like him.:thumdown:

GO TRACY!!! :p

(and, of course, GO JEEMY!!!:cool: )

Railbird
07-07-03, 08:43 PM
I enjoy watching any new talent, and that kid is an obvious talent.

Smooth and smart, enjoy him while he's here.

RTKar
07-07-03, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Railbird
I enjoy watching any new talent, and that kid is an obvious talent.

Smooth and smart, enjoy him while he's here.

Same here, I really enjoy watching world class talent develop knowing full well that it may only be here a short while. I'd rather see it on the way up than on the way down.

Race Dog 99
07-08-03, 07:24 PM
I've been paying close attention to this kid ever since they started talking rumors last year. As indicated, he is the real deal and like other great ones who have gone on expect the same in the future.

Consider this, eliminate a couple of early poor pit calls and a couple of mechanical breakdowns and he is hands down the championship leader at this point. I know, what ifs and could have beens don't count but his smooth driving style and young aggressive style places him as a serious contender.

As for new fans, my wife and kids have been rooting for him prior to St. Pete, and he's earned me two teams in the top 15 of my fantasy leagues. Now my son, who was at Cleveland, if I could only get him to stop saying "free double cheeseburgers for everyone!":thumbup:

cart7
07-09-03, 06:03 AM
I always enjoy watching a guy progress up from ladder series. While I wasn't as impressed with him in F3000 last year as I was in say Enge or Pantano, he was always fun to watch. If he gets out in front, watch out, he's tough.

Personnally, if someone in Cart doesn't give Pantano a shot next season I'll be very disappointed. He's one of the most aggressive and hardest chargers on the F3000 circuit today and is doing wonders with his underfunded ride he's in now.

nissan gtp
07-10-03, 07:43 PM
he was very impressive in quals ... I thought he was no-where, but then he came thru big-time at the end.

and his race performance was exceptional.... and killer donuts !

Kate
07-12-03, 07:41 AM
So far he looks very ordinary this weekend though.