PDA

View Full Version : World Cup 2018

TravelGal
06-30-18, 04:20 PM
No "soccer" fans here? I just watched the last third of the Uruguay/Portugal match. (Rooting for Uruguay.) Great play but I never saw such a mess as they had at the end. Quite thrilling, actually, as long as you were rooting for Uruguay. I thought the yellow card on Ronaldo was completely bogus. Agree or no? I'm hardly knowledgeable.

WickerBill
07-01-18, 04:57 AM
The World Cup has been fantastic top to bottom so far. I wanted Portugal to win pretty badly (I like Ronaldo and I dislike the vampire Suarez).

Would love to see England somehow win this, the only year they aren’t being told they should do.

Insomniac
07-01-18, 10:06 PM
This is the first time in a very, very long time I have not watched every game. I'm on the other extreme where I've managed to watch maybe parts of 6 matches thus far. Sounds like I'm missing a good bit.

cameraman
07-03-18, 01:20 PM
Welp Switzerland is out. The Colombia/England match in 40 minutes should be a good one.

TravelGal
07-06-18, 03:59 PM
A real pity Uruguay lost their best player in the previous match. I couldn't even watch this one. Now my only hope is Sweden (var sa gut). Right.

Insomniac
07-07-18, 11:10 AM
It is now the UEFA Championship. :)

cameraman
07-08-18, 01:07 PM
Wonder if Croatia can heal enough in the next few days to be able to put up any kind of a fight.

tedwest
07-10-18, 05:39 AM
I think that Croatia will lose. They are not that good