PDA

View Full Version : Musical cars at Coyne, again

Wheel-Nut
07-07-03, 04:50 PM
It seems Sperafico will be driving one of the Coyne cars in Toronto.

LINK (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/7015/)

pchall
07-07-03, 08:06 PM
I hope he brings enough money to encourage Dale to actually have his crew screw the car together properly for a weekend.

Dr. Corkski
07-07-03, 09:41 PM
Of the four Speraficos racing, Coyne still managed to find the least talented one. :shakehead

nrc
07-07-03, 09:49 PM
I can't keep my Speraficos straight, but most of them that I've seen would be a step or two above Camathais. Not that it will make any difference when they're stepping into a Coyne seat mid season.

I feel bad for the Coyne crew. I'm sure they're good guys who are trying to make the most of the situation and the musical drivers thing has to be demoralizing for them.

chop456
07-07-03, 10:04 PM
Compared to Boss, I'll take him.

Railbird
07-07-03, 10:18 PM
two sides to the Sperafico coin.

On one side it seems like a weekly occurance to see a Sperafico involved in a spectacular off somewhere in the world.

On the other side they can all play the "That was the other Sperafico" card.

I'll agree with pchall on this one, let's hope Coyne performs at least rudimentary preparation for the lad.

RaceGrrl
07-07-03, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Railbird
I'll agree with pchall on this one...

http://66.227.101.70/cwm/cwm/eek2.gif

pchall
07-07-03, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
http://66.227.101.70/cwm/cwm/eek2.gif

My sentiment exactly!

:)

We may disagree about the acceptability of death and injury in this sport -- and even what constitutes the sport -- but we are looking at the same sport and both love it.

Dr. Corkski
07-08-03, 12:22 AM
Ricardo and Rodrigo are the twins. Ricardo is running up front with Coloni F3000 although is quite prone to moments of idiotcy. Rodrigo is reduced to watching his twin brother from the Coloni pits.

Rafael (cousin or the other three) raced BDPS the last two years and was never all that impressive, even though he was ROY in 01. He won a race or two last year but now is sucking big time even in a completely depleted Euro F3000 field.

Coyne's new wanker Alex (another cousin of the other three) also raced in BDPS in '01, and even managed to win at Sebring, but left after throwing a tantrum about the Road America T&S line that year. Started the year by buying a F3000 ride and sucked big time as well, not to mention the fact that he couldn't even finish the formation lap at Magny-Cours without crashing. The fastest I have seen him go was when he flew upside down at the Toronto BDPS race back in 01. I am not exactly sure if he will be much of an improvement over Boss if at all.

nrc
07-08-03, 02:43 AM
It was Raphael that I was hoping for. Raphael was good enough in BDPS have some good dices with Almendinger last year, which scores some points in my book.

mapguy
07-08-03, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by pchall
My sentiment exactly!

:)

We may disagree about the acceptability of death and injury in this sport -- and even what constitutes the sport -- but we are looking at the same sport and both love it.

Uh-oh. I sense a group hug coming..... :eek:

pchall
07-08-03, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by mapguy
Uh-oh. I sense a group hug coming..... :eek:

Nah... more likely a mutual aack!ing up of hairballs. ;)