PDA

View Full Version : Paul Tracy + Townsend Bell + Robin Miller

opinionated ow
03-22-18, 01:01 AM
So NBC and NBCSN have got the contract to broadcast all of the Indycar stuff from next year with 8 races and Indy Qualifying on NBC and the rest on the cable channel. Pretty impressive deal given how poor the series broadcasts have been since Paul Page retired from CART broadcasting.

Lux Interior
03-22-18, 04:42 PM
Paul Tracy will be up to it. I like his no nonsense attitude too.

TravelGal
03-27-18, 03:35 PM
Are we sure they are going to be on NBC? I haven't heard whether they will be doing the broadcasts. Last I heard from PTsMom (you remember Vivienne, whom OC is its collective wisdom hooted off its boards), says PT and Townsend are "hoping" to do the broadcasts. That was a week ago though. I'd be glad of newer news.

opinionated ow
03-27-18, 05:39 PM
Are we sure they are going to be on NBC? I haven't heard whether they will be doing the broadcasts. Last I heard from PTsMom (you remember Vivienne, whom OC is its collective wisdom hooted off its boards), says PT and Townsend are "hoping" to do the broadcasts. That was a week ago though. I'd be glad of newer news.

Given they're the current crew I'd be totaly surprised if they weren't it next year! I though I had read that they would be but I'm not certain on that.

SteveH
04-03-18, 06:30 PM
After leading NBCSN's Formula 1 coverage for many years, Leigh Diffey will make a full-time return to the IndyCar booth, where he'll have the analysis and (occasionally comedic) insights of Townsend Bell and Paul Tracy to manage.

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/148434-indycar-phoenix-kicks-off-nbcsn-coverage

TravelGal
04-03-18, 09:14 PM
http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/148434-indycar-phoenix-kicks-off-nbcsn-coverage

:thumbup::thumbup:

Also liking "For the pre-race shows this year, I'm having Leigh, Townsend, and Paul host it from the grid," O'Connor said. "In the past, we looked for beautiful places to position them and a desk, but this year, my thought was that I wanted them in the middle of the pit lane action. It might not be perfect, it might be noisy, but I want them where the cars are and I want more room for Townsend and Paul to express their opinions...."
And that Robin Miller will be doing "features." I always fast forwarded as he ran down pit lane.

opinionated ow
04-04-18, 07:10 AM
:thumbup::thumbup:

Also liking "For the pre-race shows this year, I'm having Leigh, Townsend, and Paul host it from the grid," O'Connor said. "In the past, we looked for beautiful places to position them and a desk, but this year, my thought was that I wanted them in the middle of the pit lane action. It might not be perfect, it might be noisy, but I want them where the cars are and I want more room for Townsend and Paul to express their opinions...."
And that Robin Miller will be doing "features." I always fast forwarded as he ran down pit lane.

Robin is still undergoing cancer treatment so I can't imagine he'll be travelling too much this year.

SteveH
04-04-18, 07:47 AM
Saw this last week, Robin is cancer free
https://mobile.twitter.com/tonyd1070/status/979426785933910021?s=21

G.
04-07-18, 10:11 PM
No Doctor Kendallschlong?

TravelGal
04-08-18, 01:29 PM
oops. wrong thread.