PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl LII

Insomniac
02-03-18, 01:43 PM
Is anyone rooting for the Patriots? :rofl:

Predictions?

I don't think Vikings Nick Foles will be out there again. Maybe he really did make a leap that far from his initial games replacing Wentz. The Patriots defense can be Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde. The biggest problem I see is they are not forcing turnovers the last few weeks (their last one was Week 15 to end the Pittsburgh game). That's part of how bend, but not break works (29th in yards allowed, 5th in points allowed). Their saving grace is they also protect the ball well. Only two giveaways over that same time span with no takeaways.

The Patriots should win this one. I'd like to see them get out front early, but their history says otherwise. The Eagles are going to need 30 points to win. I don't see it happening. Patriots 31, Eagles 20.

TravelGal
02-03-18, 03:46 PM

The Patriots should win this one. I'd like to see them get out front early, but their history says otherwise. The Eagles are going to need 30 points to win. I don't see it happening. Patriots 31, Eagles 20.

That's what so frustrating for the APN (Anti-Patriot Nation). You think your team has it won and somehow, someway, the Pats pull it off again.

nrc
02-03-18, 04:25 PM

Nah. Upsets are more interesting than dynasties. That doesn't mean I'm predicting it.

In all probability Belichick will diagnose what Foles did well against the Vikings and make him ordinary again. If he can't do that and keep the run game in check at the same time and the Eagles defense can keep Brady running for his life the whole game then the Eagles have a chance. Hopefully then Belichick, Brady, and Kraft all end up in a fist fight on the sidelines. :)

Probably: Patriots 34-20
Upset: Eagles 24-21

^--- Winning field goal at the end just to torment Bengals fans that Elliott was picked up off their practice squad.

SteveH
02-03-18, 04:37 PM
Ask Alexa who will win. She says the team favored to win is the :cough cough: Patriots but she’s pulling for the Eagles. :gomer:

Insomniac
02-03-18, 06:23 PM
Ask Alexa who will win. She says the team favored to win is the :cough cough: Patriots but she’s pulling for the Eagles. :gomer:

Siri is neutral.

Insomniac
02-03-18, 06:25 PM
That's what so frustrating for the APN (Anti-Patriot Nation). You think your team has it won and somehow, someway, the Pats pull it off again.

And even that is ho hum. Dynasties are boring. They really need time to pass before they're appreciated I think.

Insomniac
02-03-18, 06:33 PM
Nah. Upsets are more interesting than dynasties. That doesn't mean I'm predicting it.

In all probability Belichick will diagnose what Foles did well against the Vikings and make him ordinary again. If he can't do that and keep the run game in check at the same time and the Eagles defense can keep Brady running for his life the whole game then the Eagles have a chance. Hopefully then Belichick, Brady, and Kraft all end up in a fist fight on the sidelines. :)

Probably: Patriots 34-20
Upset: Eagles 24-21

^--- Winning field goal at the end just to torment Bengals fans that Elliott was picked up off their practice squad.

I imagine that he can figure out how to stop them, but I wonder if he has the defense to actually do it. (Side note, The Two Bills 30 for 30 was really good.) He should be able to stop the RPO and I'm sure he has spoken with Chip Kelly as well to get some insight into the scheme and Foles. And through all his coach speak, he says it's all about the players, and he means it.

I think people talk blue print for Brady is pressure on the QB (especially up the middle), but that is every QB. I think the current Brady/Patriots scheme is better than the QB who lost two Super Bowls to the Giants. The Eagles are going to need a Denver 2015 type of performance (17 hits on Brady, 4 sacks) to really stop him. And even then, they were a 2 point conversion away from tying that game. I wonder if Philadelphia already played that game versus Minnesota.

TravelGal
02-04-18, 12:33 AM
I wonder if Philadelphia already played that game versus Minnesota.

Yeah, me too. I thought that 30 for 30 with the Two Bills was one of the best. The takeaway for me is that they said they are better in high-stakes games. And that means better than they are during the season and better than their opponent. My only real interest in the game is to see whether either coach makes bone-headed calls that cost their team the game. Otherwise, I really do need to get some sleep this week.

SteveH
02-04-18, 11:51 AM
In a related note, I saw Marv Levy on Chicago TV last night. At 92 he looks really good. :thumbup:

The dynasty no one ever talks about.

SteveH
02-04-18, 09:31 PM
In reference to this post (http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?19040-What-it-was-was-Football&p=341831&viewfull=1#post341831)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVNtRjiU8AESrAN.jpg

TravelGal
02-05-18, 04:02 AM
Excuse me but isn't that stuff flammable? I can hardly wait to see the news tomorrow morning.

Insomniac
02-05-18, 09:58 AM
I'm not sure if there are any Eagles fans on here, but congratulations on the win. Came up big when it mattered the most. That's the hallmark of a great team. And Wentz was on the sideline!

Elmo T
02-05-18, 10:41 AM
I'm not sure if there are any Eagles fans on here, but congratulations on the win. Came up big when it mattered the most. That's the hallmark of a great team. And Wentz was on the sideline!

I don't think it has settled in for most folks here. :thumbup::rofl:

http://i64.tinypic.com/k9ygld.png

nrc
02-05-18, 06:28 PM
Great win and a great game all around. That has to be some of the ballsiest play calling I've ever seen in a big game and the Eagles offense never flinched. I would have bet you a pizza when the Eagles started driving with over 4:00 minutes left that they were just setting Tom Brady up for another epic comeback. But when they went for it on fourth down early in that drive it was clear - they were going all in to win it on that drive.

I'm just glad that we finally know what a catch is. :gomer:

WickerBill
02-06-18, 08:38 AM
The rulings on the touchdown catches almost looked like the NFL saying "here's a preview of our rule changes for next year", because I could see both of those - easily - being reversed in the regular season.

I think Brady made the pretty good Eagles D look silly all night, minus maybe two plays... and Nick Foles and Doug Pederson made the Patriots D look like the thrown-together unit it really was. Say what you will about the gutsy play calling (all very true) - Foles was just absolutely dead-on accurate all night, making some amazing throws over the top and on the run, in the flippin' Super Bowl. His interception was a textbook case of why the NFL needs a "deflected-by-the-offense-then-intercepted" stat, because he had absolutely nothing to do with the pick.

This kind of game is what happens when neither defense can even remotely rattle the offense. It was fun to watch for sure, but I do enjoy watching some defensive heroics every so often.

SteveH
02-06-18, 11:59 AM
cool, very cool
https://gigapixel.panoramas.com/superbowl/2018/

TravelGal
02-06-18, 02:52 PM
Did anyone else see, as Foles stepped up to the line for the very first time as the game started, the way he looked around. Left and right, just looking. "I've got this" was all over his face. No nerves, nothing. Just, "I've got this." And he did.

As a side note, I now have 90% accuracy of predicting the winner of the game by the way they run out of the tunnel onto the field. Only wrong once in the last 10 years. This year: Eagles, ready to rumble; Patriots, energy but no pep. I said to the TravelGuy, "Looks like the Eagles win this one." I doubted myself until 29 seconds to go but I turned out to right after all. I guess I should be standing at a betting window in Vegas before they toss the coin. LOL LOL.

G.
02-07-18, 01:02 AM
cool, very cool
https://gigapixel.panoramas.com/superbowl/2018/

Wow. Even on a phone that kicks ass.

Where's Gisel?
Where's the selfie kid?

Elmo T
02-07-18, 10:18 AM
Foles calling the "Philly Philly" :laugh:

And at 00:45 "You have more catches than Tom does..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XmhBaUdges

SteveH
02-08-18, 02:01 PM
Wonder what would have happened had they lost?
https://i.imgur.com/oGmEhkV.gif

Elmo T
02-09-18, 08:36 AM
Wonder what would have happened had they lost?

Philly PD has been rounding up those they can ID - especially as many posted their stupidity to social media. :rolleyes: