PDA

View Full Version : College Football 2017

nrc
10-29-17, 02:57 AM
I really think the Buckeyes should have lost just because their costumes were so terrible. Maybe it took them until the fourth quarter to get over being embarrassed about them. Spectacular fourth quarter though!

Lux Interior
10-29-17, 08:38 AM
Talk about pulling one out.

The defense shut them down though. That 4th quarter Defense was incredible.

Elmo T
10-30-17, 07:39 AM
Missing the O-H-I-O propaganda from Dando that would have been blowing up my inbox after that PSU defeat. Hated to see us lose, but it was a hell of a game.

WickerBill
11-25-17, 02:12 PM
Why are the Raiders playing at Michigan today?

Ohio State has way too much tradition to succumb to the Oregon-ization of their uniforms. :irked:

(by the way, if ESPN knew what was good for them, they'd pay whatever it takes to get Gus Johnson as PBP for Monday Night Football.)

nrc
11-25-17, 09:39 PM
Agreed completely. Evidently it's the away version of the costume debacle they wore earlier in the season. :irked:

It's a rivalry game. It seems to me that you want to show up looking like the team that's been beating their ass for over a decade now and not something off of the generic shelf.

nrc
11-25-17, 10:12 PM
Urban Meyer says that Barrett's injury was originally caused when a cameraman pushed past him on the sideline before the game. He worked it out but then reaggravated it during the game. Meyer sounds ready to go all "Taken" on the cameraman.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21556365/jt-barrett-ohio-state-buckeyes-injured-michigan-wolverines?sf174298644=1

Insomniac
11-26-17, 01:24 PM
I for one don't believe it. cameraman just does not seem like that kinda guy.

WickerBill
11-26-17, 01:58 PM

:rofl: +1

TravelGal
11-26-17, 03:54 PM
Missing the O-H-I-O propaganda from Dando that would have been blowing up my inbox after that PSU defeat. Hated to see us lose, but it was a hell of a game.

This. :)

nrc
11-27-17, 10:41 AM

Points. :D

Lux Interior
11-28-17, 01:59 PM
So if the Buckeyes beat Wisconsin are they in to the final 4?

Insomniac
11-28-17, 05:34 PM

I think my stance on the CFP is pretty clear. Yes they should be because no matter what USC does, they'll still be the worst of the Power 5 and no independent should be considered. The CFP should only consider the conference champs of all conferences and an independent that has defeated an equivalent number of top ranked teams in the Power 5. If you can't win your conference, you don't belong in the CFP.

Going by last year, Alabama would take someone's spot, either TCU's or Ohio State's. I think they are better than both of those teams, but that shouldn't matter IMO. Winning/losing when it matters should count for something.

One side benefit if the CFP panel did toss out all non-conference champions is the conferences may have to think about having their own 4 team playoff to end the season if they feel they aren't picking the best champion.

Don Quixote
11-28-17, 07:33 PM
As a life long Buckeye, I don't see how they can get totally annihilated by Iowa and still get into the final four. I mean, IOWA.

nrc
11-28-17, 08:45 PM

I sure hope not. Maybe they can pull off another miracle run but I think the odds are better of another debacle in the first round. It will be better for the program in the long run to suffer appropriately for overlooking Iowa

Lux Interior
11-28-17, 09:31 PM
Actually an OSU v USC Rose Bowl would be fun to see.

Don’t know where they were for that Iowa game. They seem to have forgotten that they were The Ohio State University Buckeyes.

chop456
11-30-17, 02:23 AM
Northwestern beat Iowa, who beat Ohio State. They also beat Michigan State, who beat Penn State. Obviously, Northwestern should be in. :thumbup: