PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Air Rally Ushuaia2USA

TravelGal
09-20-17, 12:30 PM
I'm posting this here on the hope someone knows someone who might want to apply. (TeamFarFromWinnin?) This follows on a very successful Cape to Cairo air rally last year. From the website: www.vintageairrally.com "The VintageAirRally was born out of a desire to take very old aircraft and do incredible journeys with them." Read more and apply there.

From the email: Vintage Air Rally Director Sam Rutherford said: "This is a unique journey and we want YOU to join us. U2U is totally free, so we're looking for characters with character who want to join us. Vintage Air Rally isn't about smart hotels. It's about grit (and glory), going to places usually out of reach. If you're someone who thrives on adventure, excitement and derring-do then this is for you."

Vintage Air Rally has 15 FREE places available for the once-in-a-lifetime trip, which will also fly over some of the globe's most inaccessible and hostile locations. Not just mountains, glaciers, desert and jungle – but also some of the most lawless parts of the planet.

Entry for the spectacular journey opens today [September 19], with all costs including travel, shipping, accommodation, food, fuel, permits, fees, immigration and insurance COVERED for the 42-day expedition in spring 2018. Everyone is welcome to enter. Even those with no flying experience can enter by simply finding a pilot with a plane and creating a team.

indyfan31
09-21-17, 11:45 AM
The VintageAirRally was born out of a desire to take very old aircraft and . . .

. . . fly over some of the globe's most inaccessible and hostile locations. Not just mountains, glaciers, desert and jungle – but also some of the most lawless parts of the planet.

Uhhhhhhhhh . . . . . , yeah. :\

nrc
09-21-17, 11:46 AM
That's the way that I read it too. :) I usually don't like my adventure so... adventuresome.

TravelGal
09-25-17, 04:28 PM
That's the way that I read it too. :) I usually don't like my adventure so... adventuresome.

LOL. Yeah, doesn't fit in my normal "mild adventure" portfolio. Still, it MAY be an exaggeration made for insurance purposes (fair warning and all) or, maybe not...........