PDA

View Full Version : Despite Liberty Media takeover... F1 are still idiots

WickerBill
09-18-17, 09:57 AM
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/shark-fins-set-stay-2018-953486/

Insomniac
09-18-17, 11:31 AM
Sponsorship? Force India is the only team that has a ton of sponsorship. McLaren has sponsorship and Honda on it. Everyone else just has numbers/names. So is it about the new other stupid rule about prominently showing the car/driver? Scrap it. It's too NASCAR and they have the body work to support it. Clear numbers are enough. Nose, rear wing end plates. Problem solved.

WickerBill
09-18-17, 12:12 PM
Sponsorship? Force India is the only team that has a ton of sponsorship. McLaren has sponsorship and Honda on it. Everyone else just has numbers/names. So is it about the new other stupid rule about prominently showing the car/driver? Scrap it. It's too NASCAR and they have the body work to support it. Clear numbers are enough. Nose, rear wing end plates. Problem solved.

Agree. And I've come to rely, over years and years, on the camera bar on the airbox to discern between cars, so the numbers and name abbreviation barely registers with me. But those ugly sails - and the T-bars on top of them - certainly register.

Insomniac
09-18-17, 12:38 PM
Agree. And I've come to rely, over years and years, on the camera bar on the airbox to discern between cars, so the numbers and name abbreviation barely registers with me. But those ugly sails - and the T-bars on top of them - certainly register.

I liked the yellow/orange t-bars over the current yellow/black, but I did use those. However in fairness, that's not ideal for newcomers because they have to figure that out. It's so rarely mentioned by broadcasters and the spotter's guide is non-existent.

Hard Driver
09-18-17, 10:38 PM
Don't like the shark fins... but I really hate the little wings they hang on them.

Insomniac
09-19-17, 08:12 AM
They should mandate a minimum width of 4 cm for the fin. See how long they last after that. They get to keep their sponsor area if they want.

WickerBill
09-19-17, 08:49 AM
They should mandate a minimum width of 4 cm for the fin. See how long they last after that. They get to keep their sponsor area if they want.

Haha. "Must be made out of tungsten".