PDA

View Full Version : NFL Regular Season '17 Thread

nrc
09-08-17, 03:30 AM
Well, well, well. So we start the season with an upset. If Belichick said anything like "We're on to New Orleans" in the press conference then I wouldn't want to be them.

Meanwhile the Bengals resign Darth Burfict for three years and the haters predictably hate. :gomer:

WickerBill
09-08-17, 07:55 AM
As an NFL fan, that was a perfect opener. Now only the Giants and Patriots have lost their celebratory Thursday openers after a Super Bowl.

However, as a fan of another team in the AFC West, I can only hope the Andy Reid of this Chiefs team will show through soon.

Insomniac
09-08-17, 11:23 AM
As a Patriots fan, I don't know who was wearing those blue jerseys. It wasn't the Patriots.

TravelGal
09-08-17, 01:06 PM
As an NFL fan, that was a perfect opener. Now only the Giants and Patriots have lost their celebratory Thursday openers after a Super Bowl.

However, as a fan of another team in the AFC West, I can only hope the Andy Reid of this Chiefs team will show through soon.

Exactamundo.

nrc
09-15-17, 11:43 PM
You know that the Bengals are off to a disastrous start when they make coaching changes any time during the season, let alone just two games in. OC Ken Zampese was fired and replaced by Bill Lazor. At this point it's unclear whether that will make any difference.

In the first game the offensive line was like a set of turnstiles, so I didn't blame Dalton for being a little antsy and missing some throws. This game the O line provided a little better protection and Dalton still missed multiple throws that could have been difference makers.

But a lot of Dalton's non-receptions were also throwaways because it looked like the defense knew the play call. That, combined with the number of mental errors, does point to the OC for not having the offense ready to play and poor game planning/play calling. Hopefully if they can get that fixed Dalton will be able to get back on track.