PDA

View Full Version : That's Right TK!!!

racer2c
07-07-03, 12:47 PM
All the fuel they need and no traction control. That's Champ Car racing. Cleveland was awesome and the successful race is making a good amount of positive press for CWS. Bravo!

I did have a strange feeling while watching the race though. A feeling that I haven't had since the split, we will never see a Champ Car in the Indy 500. Oh well.

CART should take this as an lesson learned, they shouldn't be afraid to make changes, mix it up a bit. Heck, try a standing start at RA. Or a night race at a temp street race.

turn1
07-07-03, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by racer2c
All the fuel they need and no traction control. That's Champ Car racing. Cleveland was awesome and the successful race is making a good amount of positive press for CWS. Bravo!

I did have a strange feeling while watching the race though. A feeling that I haven't had since the split, we will never see a Champ Car in the Indy 500. Oh well.

CART should take this as an lesson learned, they shouldn't be afraid to make changes, mix it up a bit. Heck, try a standing start at RA. Or a night race at a temp street race.

Thanks for the great words about Cleveland - it was a great weekend overall. Like Mr. Miller said, imagine how much better it would have been with more cars on the track causing more need to pass and thus more excitement for the fans.

And after talking a bit with the Musco boys, it seems that it would be very tough to successfully light a street course without spending an outrageous amount of money.

Turn7
07-07-03, 02:51 PM
Well, most urban temp. street circuits already are equipped with street lights. The Musco units would only be needed to suplement the track not illuminate the entire place.

I don't think the idea would be a good one because most city temp tracks are treated like a festival and would be better attended during a warm spring/fall day in the mid 70's or 80's.

JT265
07-07-03, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Turn7
" most city temp tracks are treated like a festival and would be better attended during a warm spring/fall day in the mid 70's or 80's.

WATCH OUT!!!

Those spring festivals in the mid-80's are the reason I am (was) married!!!!:D