PDA

View Full Version : SCCA Runoffs - 2017

Napoleon
07-26-17, 02:09 PM
The Sports Car Club of America is holding its 24 national championship races, covering 28 racing classes, Friday September 29 through Sunday October 1st at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway (qualifying is Monday September 25th through Thursday September 28th).

https://www.scca.com/runoffs

opinionated ow
07-27-17, 05:15 AM
SCCA always does a live stream of the races and then has them on demand which I've always enjoyed. Usually you get Dorsey Schroeder, Calvin Fish, Brian Till etc. who know what they're talking about. Indy should be fun I think. Apparently it's a variation of the circuit that's never been used before so it should be a bit of an eye opener for everyone.

Napoleon
07-28-17, 08:45 AM
I should have mentioned this in my original post, but signups for the race have been massive. They had over 700 in the first 24 hours when registration opened 7/20 and a few days ago I saw a number in the mid-800s for a car count.

opinionated ow
07-28-17, 10:09 AM
I should have mentioned this in my original post, but signups for the race have been massive. They had over 700 in the first 24 hours when registration opened 7/20 and a few days ago I saw a number in the mid-800s for a car count.

Wow! That really is huge and the kick in the pants it definitely needed. I reckon GT1 should be mega around there if a decent number enter. B Spec should be fun too. Their race at Daytona a couple of years ago was really good fun to watch. (talk about enjoying both ends of the spectrum!)

Rus'L
07-31-17, 02:46 PM
SCCA always does a live stream of the races and then has them on demand which I've always enjoyed. Usually you get Dorsey Schroeder, Calvin Fish, Brian Till etc. who know what they're talking about. Indy should be fun I think. Apparently it's a variation of the circuit that's never been used before so it should be a bit of an eye opener for everyone.

The variation they are using is a minimal difference from the usual road course layout. Minimal difference.