PDA

View Full Version : Brickyard 400

Mary
07-23-17, 02:49 PM
Watching the start, lots of aluminum people and their families in the stands. Yeah, I know the place is gargantuan, so maybe they have 100K real people there. This is usually a really tedious race, but there is nothing else on.

Mary

jimclark
07-23-17, 03:28 PM
Sure there is.... "Family Feud" on the Game Show Network.... :p ;) :)

Don Quixote
07-24-17, 12:35 PM
I watched 30 minutes of the "race" after the delay. Seriously, I haven't seen so much aluminum since .... ever.

jimclark
07-24-17, 07:20 PM
I watched 30 minutes of the "race" after the delay. Seriously, I haven't seen so much aluminum since .... ever.
Aluminum? They're that far up the technological "chain"??? I'm in shock.
I know they finally got throttle body fuel injection 30 years late (heaven forbid they jump into port injection...even my old Buick Century has it) but they really do use aluminum? I don't believe you. (sorta serious 'cause I don't know for certain, but I think I'm right...) :)

Rus'L
07-26-17, 08:29 AM
Watching the start, lots of aluminum people and their families in the stands. Yeah, I know the place is gargantuan, so maybe they have 100K real people there. This is usually a really tedious race, but there is nothing else on.

Mary

Even in such a huge place like that, there is no way they had 100K. There were whole grandstands virtually completely empty.

From day one of the Brickyard 400, many said that place was not suitable for stock car racing. It took awhile, but the NASCAR fans finally caught on to that fact.

Don Quixote
07-26-17, 09:45 AM

opinionated ow
07-27-17, 05:17 AM
Even in such a huge place like that, there is no way they had 100K. There were whole grandstands virtually completely empty.

From day one of the Brickyard 400, many said that place was not suitable for stock car racing. It took awhile, but the NASCAR fans finally caught on to that fact.

Truth be told if they want to run a NASCAR race in Indianapolis they need to go to IRP. The ARCA race from there this weekend was an absolute cracker. Had to feel for Austin Cindric. He was miles in front and setting new track records only to have the battery die and lose all power.

Mary
07-29-17, 03:27 PM
Apparently, the Indianapolis Business Journal put the attendance at 35K. Wow. Read it in the Bloomberg article linked below.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-07-28/4-reasons-for-nascar-s-big-skid

Mary

stroker
07-30-17, 01:39 PM
Apparently, the Indianapolis Business Journal put the attendance at 35K. Wow. Read it in the Bloomberg article linked below.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-07-28/4-reasons-for-nascar-s-big-skid

Mary

Can't fund very many .1RL teams on that revenue stream...