PDA

View Full Version : Le Mans, 2017

G.
06-17-17, 11:54 AM
Watching many feeds, many devices. :thumbup:

Are they really going to all-electric in 2020 P1?

That's a death sentence for my interest, and I like alt energy tech. Just not vacuum cleaner cars.

gjc2
06-17-17, 03:32 PM
That's a death sentence for my interest

Me too

nrc
06-18-17, 01:02 AM
Should make for some spectacular fires.

opinionated ow
06-18-17, 01:02 AM
Watching many feeds, many devices. :thumbup:

Are they really going to all-electric in 2020 P1?

That's a death sentence for my interest, and I like alt energy tech. Just not vacuum cleaner cars.

Something like having to do the last lap on electric and possibly the first lap too. I'd rather watch paint dry. I'm so glad IMSA have welcomed things like the small block chev engine!

nissan gtp
06-18-17, 09:28 PM
Something like having to do the last lap on electric and possibly the first lap too. I'd rather watch paint dry. I'm so glad IMSA have welcomed things like the small block chev engine!

I think I read first kilometer out of pits on electric.

I liked the race, very eventful and full interesting twists. Too many slow zones, and I think they should go back to a larger number of shorter zones. 12 hours on FS Go with no commercials was nice, and Marshall added nice commentary.

Too bad a P2 didn't win overall.

SteveH
06-19-17, 10:32 AM
I think I read first kilometer out of pits on electric.

You did.

2020 LMP1 Regulations Outlined (http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/06/16/2020-lmp1-regulations-outlined.html)

A bigger announcement is the introduction of plug-in hybrid technology. At each pitstop it will compulsory to pull away from the pits and run for 1km under full electric power; it will be part of the Le Mans 24 Hours and FIA WEC rounds. The ACO is also working on a way to ensure that the cars in the Le Mans 24 Hours also cross the finish line in full-electric mode.

opinionated ow
06-19-17, 11:21 PM
Rebellion disqualified for making a hole in the bodywork. :shakehead:

nissan gtp
06-20-17, 05:43 PM
Rebellion disqualified for making a hole in the bodywork. :shakehead:

harsh, but that's the rule.