PDA

View Full Version : "Beta Test" volunteers?

stroker
06-09-17, 03:01 PM
I'm noodling around a race car game that I'm thinking deserves an electronic format. The player would be the team owner and "hire" their staffs/pay the bills. I don't see a whole lot of activity on this immediately but I might need somebody to help test the prototype. All I'd really need is some input from volunteers to make design decisions and hopefully test it to see if the game does what I want it to (and be fun to play). Any interest?

nrc
06-10-17, 07:57 PM
Is this a Windows thing? Unfortunately I don't have a Windows machine that I use regularly so I probably couldn't be very helpful, if so.

stroker
06-11-17, 10:15 AM
Right now it's in the design stage. I need to test the game process and rules to see if they accomplish what I'm trying to do. The idea is a throwback to ten years ago when we were discussing how to rebuild AOW from a clean sheet of paper. The game tests or simulates whether a new series could be developed that would be relatively inexpensive for teams to start with that encourages engineering and diversity while avoiding "instantaneous obsolescence". The game isn't on paper yet, let alone programmed. What I need are participants who can run through some tests while I roll dice and give them the results of their turns via email.

datachicane
06-12-17, 02:28 PM
Sure, count me in.

nrc
06-13-17, 04:02 AM
Sure me too. I'm a sucker for dice rolling.