PDA

View Full Version : The return of Memo

TravelGal
05-26-17, 01:49 AM
Memo Gidley is such a personable guy. I put this here because of his CART days. I spoke with him several times during his fairly brief CART stint. He was a driver, I was no one. He was open and kind and friendly. Glad to see him behind the wheel again even if it's not open wheel. http://www.racer.com/pwc/item/140819-stallings-surprises-gidley-with-red-dragon-pwc-test

SteveH
05-26-17, 07:07 AM
Memo, driving for Ganassi at Road America hit the bridge and destroyed his car. I had the scanner on the network feed and during a commercial they compared it to Greg Moore's accident at Fontana. I thought he was gone.

He's lucky more than once.

nissan gtp
05-26-17, 08:56 AM
That was one of the scariest accidents I've ever seen. Very lucky boy (twice).

JoeBob
05-28-17, 06:33 PM
Memo, driving for Ganassi at Road America hit the bridge and destroyed his car. I had the scanner on the network feed and during a commercial they compared it to Greg Moore's accident at Fontana. I thought he was gone.

I too was there and listening to the safety crew scanner. At first they didn't even know which car it was. The first unit on scene reported "the car is car 12. The driver is code 5."

They immediately started discussing whether the medical could land on the track at the scene.

SteveH
05-28-17, 06:47 PM
I remember hearing code 5 also.

G.
05-29-17, 12:31 AM
I too was there and listening to the safety crew scanner. At first they didn't even know which car it was. The first unit on scene reported "the car is car 12. The driver is code 5."

They immediately started discussing whether the medical could land on the track at the scene.

I was in the pits, the TV was showing telemetry, and I flipped it over to the video feed as soon as I heard.
A driver's (ex) wife gave me a nasty look until she saw why I changed it over.

There was actual joy on the radio from the drivers when they got a thumbs-up from him. Or was it a thumbs-down... :)

Napoleon
05-29-17, 07:08 PM

You posted that here at that time.