PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Hopkins "Dando" - RIP

Elmo T
05-09-17, 08:03 AM
I may be late with this news - I don't recall seeing anything here - but Kevin Hopkins passed away earlier last month. I noticed a distinct lack of his posts here and comments on my FB page and went searching for news - fearing the worst. I've been dealing with a separation from my wife - so that has sadly consumed my time the past weeks - and it just dawned on me this AM that he's been MIA here.

Kevin fought many demons in the past - but he was a doting father who loved his daughters. He loved Disney and racing as close seconds behind the girls. He was great to me and my family and we got to meet and spend some time together in Disney a few years back. While he could be a pain in the a$$ at times, I don't think he had an evil bone in his body.

This place won't be the same without him and he will be missed.

Kevin Hopkins Obit (http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/kevin-hopkins-obituary?pid=1000000185260084&view=guestbook)

EDIT - he would have been seriously bent if I didn't also mention his love for OSU and all things O-hi-o.

Insomniac
05-09-17, 09:07 AM
So sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with his family. :(

SteveH
05-09-17, 09:15 AM
Sad news. RIP Dando

Gnam
05-09-17, 12:22 PM
RIP, man. :(

And also, WTF? This is some bull****, right here. :irked:

Kiwifan
05-09-17, 02:27 PM
Oh CRAP. That is so sad. I know I have said this way too many times here but to me at least, dando 'was a good bugger."

You could tell in his posts how much he loved his Family. Sigh.

Take care out there you lot.

Russell.

rabbit
05-09-17, 04:00 PM
:(

TRDfan
05-09-17, 04:11 PM
:(:( Nothing else to say. RIP Dando

G.
05-09-17, 04:17 PM
Damn.

Also, if you're in OH:

A gathering of friends and family will take place on Tuesday, May 9, 2017 from 7-8 p.m. at the TIDD FAMILY FUNERAL HOME, 5265 Norwich St. in Hilliard, OH.

nrc
05-09-17, 04:41 PM
Terrible news. :( I noticed that he had been quiet. But Kevin would get do that from time to time so alarms hadn't gone off.

I think it's fair to say that dando was complicated. We tried to meet up a few times but it seemed like something always came up for him. Like I said, complicated.

I will miss having him here to here to harangue about the Bengals and Buckeyes. He was certainly passionate about the things that he loved I think it's safe to say he loved hanging out with his friends here on OC. Given the traffic here I don't know if anyone will ever surpass dando on our leader board. That's probably fitting.

RIP, friend.

SteveH
05-09-17, 05:37 PM
I just checked the leader board (http://www.offcamber.net/forums/memberlist.php?order=desc&sort=posts&pp=30). There are far too many good souls missing. :(

TravelGal
05-09-17, 05:56 PM
I echo nrc, and everyone. Kev drove me nuts sometimes but he was a true friend. We talked now and then about his travel or about Disney in general. I'd mail him Disney articles from the LA Times and he'd tell me the entire backstory. :laugh: I've been dealing with house repairs for the last month so in here less frequently but I still noticed he wasn't here as much. And he stopped commenting on every single post on my Facebook page. He had dropped out about six weeks ago and then came back briefly. Like Elmo, I knew that meant something was wrong.
God rest him.

WickerBill
05-10-17, 07:46 AM
RIP buddy. He drove me nuts too, but I'm really glad to say we were able to joke and laugh about it recently. His passion for sports in general and his teasing me about my Broncos will be what I remember.

pfc_m_drake
05-10-17, 08:47 PM
So sad to hear this.
Loved the fact that he'd post a lot and generate discussion. Really going to miss him now that he's gone.
RIP Kev. We'll miss you :(

devilmaster
05-12-17, 07:24 PM
damnit. :shakehead:

always enjoyed his posts... like it was said above, you could tell he had his demons.

Down the road kevin.

datachicane
05-14-17, 02:11 AM
Man, really sad to hear that. Can't believe we lost another one.

Don Quixote
05-18-17, 10:25 AM
Damn, damn, damn. I wondered why he hadn't returned a few text messages lately. He was a complicated guy with a quirky sense of humor and a heart of gold. He talked about his girls constantly and loved them beyond words. I met up with him a number of times for OSU bball and football games and Columbus Clippers games. He was a big help to me about ten years ago when my mom was very sick and I was travelling to Columbus every two weeks or so. Ugh :(

Napoleon
05-28-17, 06:19 PM

JoeBob
06-01-17, 10:47 PM

Insomniac
09-10-17, 11:11 AM
It's mornings like this when I really see the absence of dando from here. There would be a thread full of tOSU and :flaming: emojis by now.

We miss you buddy. :(

TravelGal
09-10-17, 12:28 PM
It's mornings like this when I really see the absence of dando from here. There would be a thread full of tOSU and :flaming: emojis by now.

We miss you buddy. :(

Agreed. So agreed. The first thing that flashed through my mind when I saw that score was how upset dando would have been. :(:(

nrc
09-11-17, 03:27 AM
With dismal showings from the Buckeyes and Bengals this weekend I'm sure the emoji count would have been pegged.

These are for you, dando. :irked::mad::flaming::gomer::rolleyes::\:cry::( RIP