PDA

View Full Version : L B G P

TravelGal
04-05-17, 11:55 AM
Any of you (other) reprobates attending this year's Roar by the Shore? Or attendant festivities? Manic and I plan to be there tomorrow (Thursday) for Tommie Kendall's Motorsports Walk of Fame induction ceremony. 11 AM on Pike in front of the Convention Center, they say. Emmo is the other inductee this year. You can tell which one is a local favorite. :D

SteveH
04-06-17, 08:43 AM
Have fun

#neverforget

opinionated ow
04-06-17, 10:26 AM
I wish they'd ditch PWC and take along some more openwheelers or bring back TransAm

TravelGal
04-06-17, 11:30 AM
Have fun

#neverforget

Thanks Steve. Proudly wearing my Champ Car PT swag since TK and PT are such great friends.

jimclark
04-06-17, 01:03 PM
I wish they'd ditch PWC and take along some more openwheelers or bring back TransAm

You're just lookin' at the wrong coast..... ;)

http://www.homesteadmiamispeedway.com/Guest-Info/Track-Rentals/2017/April/Trans-Am.aspx

mapguy
04-06-17, 08:17 PM

Have you ever been to a PWC event? I have, several times, and I find it entertaining. . Have you seen what they are calling 'Trans-Am' nowadays? It's club racing.

opinionated ow
04-07-17, 12:39 AM
Have you ever been to a PWC event? I have, several times, and I find it entertaining. . Have you seen what they are calling 'Trans-Am' nowadays? It's club racing.

I used to watch PWC on youtube. Their numbers keep falling and the SprintX crap makes the whole series uninteresting...plus they seem to spend 20+ mins on every single yellow flag.

Trans-Am cars are bad ass. That's all.

mapguy
04-07-17, 05:51 AM
I used to watch PWC on youtube. Their numbers keep falling and the SprintX crap makes the whole series uninteresting...plus they seem to spend 20+ mins on every single yellow flag.

Trans-Am cars are bad ass. That's all.

YouTube. Really. :rolleyes: There were 3 more cars on the grid at St Petersburg this year. SprintX isn't going to be at Long Beach. So there's two of your points gone. Did you watch Trans Am on YouTube? The cars are the same that you'd find at any decent SCCA club even GT1 class, driven by the same calibre of drivers. It's like what the original irl was to CART. If you want to watch substandard cars driven by wankers knock yourself out.

TravelGal
04-08-17, 01:31 PM
YouTube. Really. :rolleyes: There were 3 more cars on the grid at St Petersburg this year. SprintX isn't going to be at Long Beach. So there's two of your points gone. Did you watch Trans Am on YouTube? The cars are the same that you'd find at any decent SCCA club even GT1 class, driven by the same calibre of drivers. It's like what the original irl was to CART. If you want to watch substandard cars driven by wankers knock yourself out.

Not everyone lives on this continent so we take what we can get.

As to the Walk of Fame Ceremony. Cool beans. For me, it felt a lot like old times. Standing chatting with the drivers, movers and shakers of CART/Champ Car. *Knowing who they are* when half the "dignitaries" hadn't a clue. Warm sun, cool breezes, relaxed. I had no idea Emmo was so open and relaxed in a social setting. Funny guy! Tommy was TK through and through. PT offered to sign my shirt for me so, heck yeah. Of course, now I can never wash it. Had to be careful not to sweat the rest of the day. :laugh:

SteveH
04-08-17, 06:22 PM
Sounds like a great time :thumbup:

TKGAngel
04-10-17, 01:04 PM
Michael's look of despair and woe when he realized that all four cars dropped with mechanical issues was something else.

cameraman
04-11-17, 05:25 PM
Nice to see DCR getting 2nd & 6th. :thumbup:

Not as much joy as I took from 4 Andretti DNFs but I'm a hater so....