Let's do this......

TravelGal
03-13-17, 01:18 PM
Name: offcamberbracketchallenge

ID: offcamber

Password: pchall

Deadline is Thursday.

Let's do this......

TravelGuy, known as GManFan even for this, is busily filling out his brackets. I'll be logging in to start my guessing. :thumbup:

dando
03-13-17, 04:42 PM
In...and since I have no dog in this race....GO ZAGS. :) This is gonna be one. nutty. madness.

TravelGal
03-13-17, 05:26 PM
This is gonna be one. nutty. madness.

Good. Then I have an excuse. :D

dando
03-13-17, 06:20 PM
Good. Then I have an excuse. :D

We all have an excuse this year. #Zoinks This is simply bat ***** crazy. :eek: I'm in four pools...and my confidence in any of them is zerO. :irked: :\

TravelGal
03-14-17, 01:24 PM
We all have an excuse this year. #Zoinks This is simply bat ***** crazy. :eek: I'm in four pools...and my confidence in any of them is zerO. :irked: :\

Well I see TravelGuy decided that his favorite team is going to win it all (they're not) so everyone else has a good chance. BTW, dando, your picks are not in. You may be in but they aren't. Neither are mine. Later today, I hope.

QUESTION: As I logged out my eye caught "points" for tie breakers. Are we supposed to be filling those in somewhere???

dando
03-14-17, 02:13 PM
Well I see TravelGuy decided that his favorite team is going to win it all (they're not) so everyone else has a good chance. BTW, dando, your picks are not in. You may be in but they aren't. Neither are mine. Later today, I hope.

QUESTION: As I logged out my eye caught "points" for tie breakers. Are we supposed to be filling those in somewhere???

Odd. I submitted them again. I did see an e-mail that Poolhost made an upgrade recently. Might have taken a dump. :\ The only tie-break points I saw was for the final.

Dvdb
03-14-17, 02:17 PM
I am 99.9% sure that the points are for the Final game.

I've been trying to do some cursory picks for the last 10 minutes, nut having trouble with the site. Don't these people know I am THE COMMISH, DAMN IT!!!

And DEFENDING CHAMPION!!!

dando
03-14-17, 03:47 PM
I am 99.9% sure that the points are for the Final game.

I've been trying to do some cursory picks for the last 10 minutes, nut having trouble with the site. Don't these people know I am THE COMMISH, DAMN IT!!!

And Tallest Dwarf.

Fixed. :gomer: I ain't making any bets on the Madness. I watched a bunch of hoops the past two weeks, and this is just nutty. Still trying to get how Sparty got a dance card, but tOSU didn't even get an NIT invite. :irked: :thumbdown:

TravelGal
03-15-17, 12:36 AM
Now we've got dando, the commish, TravelGuy, and TravelGal. Let's get a few more before the deadline. :thumbup:

dando
03-15-17, 07:54 AM
Now we've got dando, the commish, TravelGuy, and TravelGal. Let's get a few more before the deadline. :thumbup:

Unfortunately discussing hoops is like talking pucks around here. :(

dando
03-15-17, 12:10 PM
Channel surfing or your pleasure tomorrow....

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/scoreboard/_/date/20170316

NW/Vandy should be a good watch. If it ends in a tie, they have them do a math test. ;)

G.
03-15-17, 01:05 PM

OK, where?

Insomniac
03-15-17, 01:12 PM
OK, where?

http://www.poolhost.com/

My wacky bracket is in. I don't believe any of it.

Dvdb
03-15-17, 01:53 PM
Doing a little tinkering. I am happy with my Final Four, but trying to figure out how we get there. Have a few fliers in one of my brackets.

dando
03-15-17, 02:12 PM
http://www.poolhost.com/

My wacky bracket is in. I don't believe any of it.

Four pools, and I have no idea. And of course last night I got screwed getting the #9 card in the draw, so the 1s and 2s were gone. So much for my $20 scoobs. Best I have is Purdon't. :irked: :( 20+ years we've done this, and I have never won. :mad: ;)

Insomniac
03-15-17, 03:34 PM
Four pools, and I have no idea. And of course last night I got screwed getting the #9 card in the draw, so the 1s and 2s were gone. So much for my $20 scoobs. Best I have is Purdon't. :irked: :( 20+ years we've done this, and I have never won. :mad: ;)

That's not too surprising. It's not all luck, but the odds of nailing the bracket are astronomical. No one has verifiably done it. If you could pick the winners on paper so easily there wouldn't be much point in playing the games. :D

G.
03-16-17, 01:17 AM
T.B.D. FTW!

All the WAY, Baby! :thumbup:

dando
03-16-17, 09:43 AM
That's not too surprising. It's not all luck, but the odds of nailing the bracket are astronomical. No one has verifiably done it. If you could pick the winners on paper so easily there wouldn't be much point in playing the games. :D

This is a luck of the draw pool. We get dealt cards 1-9, one each, and I got...well bend over and you know what...#9. It's a fun bunch of guys, and over 20 odd years, we're a bunch of grumpy old men and most wearing glasses now. Heck I should have brought my DD's magnifying glass to read the bracket on paper. :\ Unlike this bracket, where I'll kick yer butt. :gomer: ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4d7Wp9kKjA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G4jnaznUoQ

:)

rabbit
03-16-17, 11:14 AM
Can't remember the last time I filled out a bracket. I lost interest in the tourney, for whatever reason, a ways back. But what the heck.

Rooting for the Boilermakers; Dakota Mathias is from my old stomping grounds and broke our high school all-time scoring record (not mine, someone else, haha). So I'm hoping to see the local boy do well. :)

G.
03-16-17, 11:31 AM
Have I been mathematically eliminated yet?

I think I've been mathematically eliminated.

rabbit
03-16-17, 03:45 PM

TravelGal
03-18-17, 11:47 AM
Have I been mathematically eliminated yet?

I think I've been mathematically eliminated.

I saw this after the first games and laughed out loud louder at this post than anything I've seen anywhere in months. :rofl::rofl:

I know how you feel. I just wish I hadn't had that soft spot for the Goofers but TravelGuy and I met in Minneapolis so I had to pick 'em for a while. I notice he wasn't as sentimental though he did his usual number by choosing UCLA to end. HA! We'll see. :p

dando
03-18-17, 05:38 PM
Bracket buster...Wisky/'nova. :eek:

TravelGal
03-19-17, 06:20 PM
Bracket buster...Wisky/'nova. :eek:

No joke. My best friend from age less-than-1 (our moms knew each other when we were in strollers) went to Villanova. Got her Master's at St. Mary's. Both schools did me dirt in my brackets. No excuse on Lou a ville. I hoped they'd do better.

That Wascally Wabbit is sure making a run though. Wow.

dando
03-19-17, 06:51 PM
No joke. My best friend from age less-than-1 (our moms knew each other when we were in strollers) went to Villanova. Got her Master's at St. Mary's. Both schools did me dirt in my brackets. No excuse on Lou a ville. I hoped they'd do better.

Bummer....

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/27/news/warren-buffett-sweet-sixteen-ncaa/

:\

rabbit
03-20-17, 09:18 AM
That East Region killed me, as it did a lot of people. Fortunately, I didn't have 'Nova going past the round of eight, so that didn't put too big a dent in my bracket. Big Ten teams definitely exceeding my expectations, though.

dando
03-20-17, 12:00 PM
That East Region killed me, as it did a lot of people. Fortunately, I didn't have 'Nova going past the round of eight, so that didn't put too big a dent in my bracket. Big Ten teams definitely exceeding my expectations, though.

B1G got three through to the sweet 16. I expected one (if that). And now that Duke is done, Wisky has a good path to the Final Four. Some interesting match ups for the next round, including the UK/UCLA rematch.

rabbit
03-24-17, 09:49 AM
Had three out of four right until Xavier bumped AZ. Stoopid Jesuits! :p Already two games in the hole for tonight. So I need Baylor and UNC to come through for me!

dando
03-24-17, 10:13 AM
The left side of the bracket is busted for most other than Gonzo. Tomorrow's Jesuit 'Super Bowl' should be fun. :gomer: Good games last night other than Purdidn't. :saywhat: :irked: Hopefully the Badgers can carry the torch for the B1G tonight.

rabbit
03-24-17, 10:36 AM
Purdue played last night? Strange. I didn't see them. :irked: :gomer:

dando
03-24-17, 11:36 AM
Purdue played last night? Strange. I didn't see them. :irked: :gomer:

I think they went out for Boilermakers at halftime. :gomer: They were torched in the second half. :shakehead: The KS backcourt duo had almost more points than the entire Purdue team (52).

rabbit
03-24-17, 12:56 PM
I think they went out for Boilermakers at halftime. :gomer: They were torched in the second half. :shakehead: The KS backcourt duo had almost more points than the entire Purdue team (52).
Yeah, that second half looked like a JV vs. Varsity scrimmage. :yuck:

TKGAngel
03-24-17, 04:00 PM
Tomorrow's Jesuit 'Super Bowl' should be fun.

First double Jesuit game ever in the Elite 8. I haven't seen this much of a ruckus from my fellow Jesuit school alums since one became Pope!

In non-J matters, I'm rooting for Butler solely because of their mascot. The marketing power of Blue 3 got picked up by one of my advertising newsletters and I've been awe-ing all day.

dando
03-24-17, 07:02 PM
First double Jesuit game ever in the Elite 8. I haven't seen this much of a ruckus from my fellow Jesuit school alums since one became Pope!

In non-J matters, I'm rooting for Butler solely because of their mascot. The marketing power of Blue 3 got picked up by one of my advertising newsletters and I've been awe-ing all day.

When I wear my Zags swag...yes, I'm a Zags fan #2 to tOSU in hoops...peeps around here think it's the Butler Bulldog. :) While I like Butler, which is where Thad Matta started his HC career, and then X, the Zags are my second fave. Oddly, my uncle played football at X in the 70s before knee injuries ended his college football career. Plus, one of my grooms men has a son attending X. So, I'm a bit torn, but in the end...GO ZAGS! :D ;)

dando
03-25-17, 08:47 PM
Sorry X fans...God won the bet vs. Jesus. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvtsGa96LaI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lFxGBB4UGU

Guess I gots to wash my Zags swag again for next weekend. :D

dando
03-25-17, 10:28 PM
Jaybirds going down next, leaving one #1 after UNC loses tomorrow.

TravelGal
03-26-17, 04:07 PM
I'm totally amused by the pool host process. I'm last; I move up; I'm in the middle; I stay in the middle; players rise and fall around me; I'm still in the middle but thinking my dude dando and I might be duking it out in the end. :D

dando
03-26-17, 04:48 PM
I'm totally amused by the pool host process. I'm last; I move up; I'm in the middle; I stay in the middle; players rise and fall around me; I'm still in the middle but thinking my dude dando and I might be duking it out in the end. :D

Lettuce hope...but I'm not feeling good about UNC. :\ Not sure what to make of SCar...they the cinderellas so far. Never seen them play until today. In Zags we trust. :)

dando
03-26-17, 05:57 PM
Jeebus, these refs for UNC/UK are flipping horrible. I'm not a fan boi of either, but dang they are BAD. :shakehead:

dando
03-26-17, 07:45 PM
Welp, I guess UNC won, but I didn't see the final minutes since a tornado waring was issued. :( Local TV broke into programming, with no video. :shakehead:

G.
03-27-17, 03:25 PM

I don't think that I could have picked any worse, and yet I'm not DFL. :thumbup:

:\:yuck:

'sniff.

Dando's finished, and Jessguessin could tie.

TravelGal
03-28-17, 02:43 PM
Dando's finished, and Jessguessin could tie.

We both have best possible outcome at 48. If NC falters, it could still be dat Wascaly Wabbit.

dando
03-28-17, 03:34 PM
We both have best possible outcome at 48. If NC falters, it could still be dat Wascaly Wabbit.

Out of four pools I'm in...the only one I didn't pick the Zags all the way. :irked: :saywhat: :gomer: But I will wearing my Zags swag Saturday. :)

dando
04-01-17, 09:17 PM
http://kixi.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/gonzaga_basketball_fans.jpg

Woof! :)

rabbit
04-03-17, 11:21 AM
dando..........48
jessguessin...48
rabbit_hully...47

https://phillipwright.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/maxwell_smart.jpg

Friggin' South Carolina. :irked:

dando
04-03-17, 01:19 PM
dando..........48
jessguessin...48
rabbit_hully...47

https://phillipwright.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/maxwell_smart.jpg

Friggin' South Carolina. :irked:

Those were some epic Final Four games. Hope the Final lives up to it. Gonna miss most of the Tribe opener due to it, but I'll flip over during the breaks so I can catch Vaughn, Willie Mays Hayes, Cerrano, etc. :)

rabbit
04-03-17, 02:25 PM
Those were some epic Final Four games. Hope the Final lives up to it. Gonna miss most of the Tribe opener due to it, but I'll flip over during the breaks so I can catch Vaughn, Willie Mays Hayes, Cerrano, etc. :)The final six seconds of the Ducks/Heels game made me want to punch the TV. Four missed free throws and two missed box-outs?!? From two of the four "best" teams in the country? That was "C'mon man!" worthy. :shakehead:

dando
04-03-17, 02:37 PM
The final six seconds of the Ducks/Heels game made me want to punch the TV. Four missed free throws and two missed box-outs?!? From two of the four "best" teams in the country? That was "C'mon man!" worthy. :shakehead:

Indeed. Bell owned up to it. That was a major CHOKE. :\

dando
04-03-17, 09:08 PM
Palms getting sweaty. ZAGS swag on. At least the Bums spanked the Pads today. :-P #TG ;)

TravelGal
04-04-17, 01:13 AM
Palms getting sweaty. ZAGS swag on. At least the Bums spanked the Pads today. :-P #TG ;)

That was UGLY. (both of them). Still I WON I WON I WON. :p:p:p:p:p

Insomniac
04-04-17, 09:47 AM
Congrats TG.

TravelGal
04-04-17, 11:35 AM
Thanks, insomniac. Just remember "The first shall be last and the last first." I am living proof of that. Play again next year! :thumbup:

dando
04-04-17, 12:00 PM
That was UGLY. (both of them). Still I WON I WON I WON. :p

That was more ugly than a bearded lady. :yuck: Both team teams in the 30s. :shakehead: And BTW I absolutely hate those elevated floors. :saywhat: :irked:

Insomniac
04-04-17, 12:05 PM
Thanks, insomniac. Just remember "The first shall be last and the last first." I am living proof of that. Play again next year! :thumbup:

Ohh, it's a lark for me. This year I used a weighted home court advantage algorithm. I mean, WVU losing in round 1? I couldn't do that logically. :D

dando
04-04-17, 12:12 PM
Note that UNC shouldn't have been if'n the Ugly Duckies hadn't screwed the pooch. Team that drives the lane kept chucking...and missing. :saywhat: And my boy Narowski was 1-8 from the field. :irked: 44 total PFs?!? :shakehead: And the icing was the Zags 14 TOs vs. 4 for UNC. :rolleyes:

Dvdb
04-04-17, 02:36 PM
Congrats, Marge. About freakin' time!!

Please accept this generic trophy.

And that concludes the Poolhost season. See you all in September.

rabbit
04-04-17, 03:16 PM
And BTW I absolutely hate those elevated floors. :saywhat: :irked:
I can't look at an elevated floor without having flashbacks of old-school Gene Keady pacing the sidelines and scowling.

dando
04-04-17, 04:46 PM
I can't look at an elevated floor without having flashbacks of old-school Gene Keady pacing the sidelines and scowling.

Well I flashback to Williams Arena in Minnie 1972...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM3HlE9yPPs

:(

One reason I never liked Dave Winfield....besides the fact he played for the Padres. :gomer: That game was essentially the end of Coach Fred Taylor. :( :irked:

SteveH
04-04-17, 05:12 PM
AN UGLY AFFAIR IN MINNEAPOLIS
(https://www.si.com/vault/1972/02/07/565933/an-ugly-affair-in-minneapolis)

Sports Illustrated didn't pull any punches.

Makes me wonder if the same fight were to happen today if it would get as much coverage. And outrage.

dando
04-04-17, 05:36 PM
AN UGLY AFFAIR IN MINNEAPOLIS
(https://www.si.com/vault/1972/02/07/565933/an-ugly-affair-in-minneapolis)

Sports Illustrated didn't pull any punches.

Makes me wonder if the same fight were to happen today if it would get as much coverage. And outrage.

I always cringe when tOSU plays in Williams. It effectively ended Luke Witte's career and Fred Taylor was never the same. :( Hence why I despise raised floors to this day. :irked:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Witte