PDA

View Full Version : What's with Papis?

Hink
07-06-03, 07:48 PM
Any reason that he blocked just about everyone even though he was a lap down? Dreaming of old times when the position mattered perhaps?

It will be interesting to see what Kneifel does (if anything).

Sean O'Gorman
07-06-03, 07:54 PM
Papis drove like a total moron out there. I'm disappointed that I was the only person who booed him during pre-race intros.

RaceGrrl
07-06-03, 07:59 PM
Overheard on the scanner during the race: "Way to go, Max, you almost had a good lap there."

His crew chief was telling him to not block the leaders, so it's not because he wasn't told to give way. I think it has to be very humiliating for him to be at the back of the pack, so he doesn't want to give up any positions, and did so only when ordered to.

mello
07-06-03, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by SOG35
Papis drove like a total moron out there. I'm disappointed that I was the only person who booed him during pre-race intros.

Yah we were a few rows down from you and you stood out like an F1 horn. :rofl:

FRANKY
07-06-03, 08:26 PM
Papis is too rusty, instead of knocking on doors he should have been keeping sharp on a Kart.

SteveH
07-06-03, 08:59 PM
Hey now, remember its CART that need Max more than Max needs CART. Or so he says.

Dr. Corkski
07-06-03, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by SteveH
Hey now, remember its CART that need Max more than Max needs CART. Or so he says. He is right. CART needs him to block cars to create more "racing" between cars on the lead lap. :rofl:

Foxman
07-07-03, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by SOG35

Hey! I booed him too!

Wheel-Nut
07-07-03, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Hink
Any reason that he blocked just about everyone even though he was a lap down? Dreaming of old times when the position mattered perhaps?

It will be interesting to see what Kneifel does (if anything).

Maybe he was waiting for his teammate to come by so he could crash him out of the race, only he didn't realize he has no teammate.

cartmanoz
07-08-03, 06:00 AM
Total moronic performance from Papis.

Perhaps he should have done some karting or something during all that time off to hone his skills because he's looked completely out of depth in his two starts - even Lavin is making him look good!