PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl half time and commercials 2017

nrc
02-06-17, 11:10 AM
Hats off to Lady Gaga for a first class half-time performance - the best in many years. Prince still stands alone at the top, but I'll let others hash out the order beneath that. This belongs somewhere near the top.

Commercials. There were commercials? I'm thinking that I'm just not the target for these commercials since I found them underwhelming. Even the standouts were pretty tepid.

Here's TiVo's list of top most engaging Super Bowl ads.

1. Bai Brands – BaiBaiBai
2. Kia – Hero's Journey
3. It's a 10 Haircare – It's a 10 Haircare
4. T-Mobile – Its All That and More
5. Honda – Yearbooks
6. Anheuser-Busch – Born the Hard Way
7. Paramount – Transformers: The Last Knight
8. General Motors -- If That's a Buick
9. Disney – Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
10. Wonderful Company – Ernie Gets Physical

I thought the Honda yearbook was cute and Kia was funny. I have no idea what BaiBaiBai is or why the commercial was good. Get off of my lawn. I did like the GoDaddy ad with the "Internet" character. We enjoyed looking back through it to spot as many memes as possible.

My favorite was The Walking Dead which I suppose was lost on anyone who doesn't already watch the show.

The "flushing money down the toilet" award goes to 84 Lumber who paid for 90 seconds of boredom with a supposed teaser that directs you to a web site that is still down 12 hours later.

WickerBill
02-06-17, 11:55 AM
Gaga was spectacular. Agreed, best we've had since Prince 10 years ago. Loved that she did what you would expect - sang her hits (and actually sang), instead of what has become the norm of doing mashups with other artists. I don't exactly own a lot of Gaga albums - not my cup of tea - but there's no denying her talent.

nrc
02-06-17, 12:28 PM
Gaga was spectacular. Agreed, best we've had since Prince 10 years ago. Loved that she did what you would expect - sang her hits (and actually sang), instead of what has become the norm of doing mashups with other artists. I don't exactly own a lot of Gaga albums - not my cup of tea - but there's no denying her talent.

Agreed. I give her a lot of flack for copping Madonna's act but whatever the blueprint, she's probably more talented both as a song writer and performer. Of course she has the opportunity to do the one thing that Madonna has not which is age gracefully.