PDA

View Full Version : Bottas in at Mercedes, Lowe and Massa to Williams

Insomniac
01-19-17, 10:48 AM
Well, they finally settled on who gets Rosberg's seat. Williams let Bottas go and Massa is coming back for one year. Paddy Lowe is moving from Mercedes to Williams as well.

Thoughts on Massa coming back? Ruins his farewell IMO. Does anyone here think Bottas can keep up with Hamilton? I don't think so, but now with equal cars that can be determined this season.

SteveH
01-19-17, 11:02 AM
Without Massa F1 would have been without a Brazilian since just about forever.

Had the formula not changed so radically this year, I think HAM would have the better of BOT. However, since the cars and their handling will be so significantly changed I'm not sure what to predict. The new formula might not agree with HAM's driving style. That does happen from time to time. Possibly Mercedes will no longer be dominant. Will be an interesting start to the season, for sure.

opinionated ow
01-19-17, 11:25 AM
As supersubs go Massa ain't a bad choice. That Williams asked him to do it says a lot about what they think of him and they should know...they've worked with him for ages. I'm hoping Williams build a rocketship and he wins a race. I don't care which although Monaco would be nice.

datachicane
01-19-17, 03:21 PM
Good for Bottas, he'll do well. Rosberg couldn't keep up with Hamilton either and still managed a championship.