PDA

View Full Version : Dash Cams

indyfan31
01-08-17, 10:22 PM
In light of the fact that driving in So Cal has turned into a contact sport, and after a few close calls of my own, I've decided to look for a dash cam. I'm hoping some of you will have some experience and/or suggestions. The better it is in evening light the more I'm interested.

Insomniac
01-09-17, 12:31 PM
Any Russians here? They know good dash cams!

Elmo T
01-09-17, 12:40 PM
Any Russians here? They know good dash cams!

Pure entertain on YouTube! They are my son's favorite videos.

I have no idea what works best - but I will say based on what I've seen - get ones that look front and back. Looking forward only does no good if you get hit from behind.

G.
01-09-17, 02:57 PM
From other sites that have discussed dash cams, try to get very high resolution, like 1080p, 60 fps. If you don't, there's little chance of seeing a license plate, or much of anything at night.

Also, consider how easily it would be quickly remove an SD card, and perhaps replace it with a blank one.
For reasons.

Also, completely unrelated the the last comment, find out what your state laws are as far as allowing law enforcement to view the files.

I don't have one. I wish I had one about 5 years ago when that deer kicked my hood. I would have liked to gotten him prosecuted. Damned forest rat. :mad:

dando
01-09-17, 07:47 PM
I don't have one. I wish I had one about 5 years ago when that deer kicked my hood. I would have liked to gotten him prosecuted. Damned forest rat. :mad:

Hey, deer are people, too. :gomer: Reminds me of when I slammed on the brakes for a deer in my Bimmer...got across safely, but then doubled back and managed to kick out a fog lamp, and took off apparently unharmed. :irked:

Back on topic, checking the local/state laws is highly recommended....or just become a TMZ correspondent. ;)

SteveH
01-09-17, 07:51 PM
forest rat :laugh: