PDA

View Full Version : RIP, Mrs. Brady

dando
11-25-16, 02:52 AM
A little piece of my childhood passed away. :cry: :(

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/florence-henderson-dead_us_5837d277e4b01ba68ac456d9

TravelGal
11-25-16, 03:20 PM
It says a lot (maybe I shouldn't admit) that I remember Ann B. Davis more than Florence Henderson in the Brady Bunch. I remember Florence from nearly every other show I watched from Fantasy Island on up. She was amazingly talented and an amazingly generous star. She'll be missed.

dando
11-25-16, 04:39 PM
It says a lot (maybe I shouldn't admit) that I remember Ann B. Davis more than Florence Henderson in the Brady Bunch. I remember Florence from nearly every other show I watched from Fantasy Island on up. She was amazingly talented and an amazingly generous star. She'll be missed.

Ann was amazing ~70 when I saw her live on stage. Never had the pleasure of seeing Florence or Robert Reed in person...sadly. :( I grew up watching The Bunch on reruns after school. :thumbup:

nrc
11-25-16, 09:48 PM
Ann was amazing ~70 when I saw her live on stage. Never had the pleasure of seeing Florence or Robert Reed in person...sadly. :( I grew up watching The Bunch on reruns after school. :thumbup:

Our parents took us to see Florence Henderson in Annie Get Your Gun when I was a kid. I never considered how much it must have cost to take a family of six to a touring theater production even back then.

Henderson raised a whole generation of kids. RIP

dando
11-26-16, 04:33 AM
Our parents took us to see Florence Henderson in Annie Get Your Gun when I was a kid. I never considered how much it must have cost to take a family of six to a touring theater production even back then.

Henderson raised a whole generation of kids. RIP

Kenley Players at Vets Memorial? If so, that was great stuff. I caught a number of plays there as a yoot. Watching a number of the obit pieces about her, she was clearly very talented and much more than just Mrs. Brady.

Napoleon
11-26-16, 07:49 PM
Kenley Players at Vets Memorial? If so, that was great stuff. I caught a number of plays there as a yoot. Watching a number of the obit pieces about her, she was clearly very talented and much more than just Mrs. Brady.

The Kenley Players did stuff down in the Columbus area? I did not know that. It was a Warren, Ohio based thing with a theater there.

dando
11-26-16, 08:16 PM
The Kenley Players did stuff down in the Columbus area? I did not know that. It was a Warren, Ohio based thing with a theater there.

Yup. That's where I cut my teeth on stage shows. I saw a number of them, notably Alan Alda in California Suite with Ann Margret. They put the shows on in Veteran's Memorial in the 70s while The Ohio Theater was being saved, and The Palace Theater was being refurbed. I may have seen Florence, but I was just a grasshopper back then. I saw a number of shows back then, but Alda strikes me since I watched M*A*S*H as a yoot.

dando
11-26-16, 08:21 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Kenley

http://www.kenleyplayershistory.com/

http://www.kenleyplayershistory.com/productions.htm

:)

nrc
11-27-16, 12:06 AM
I had forgotten about the Kenley Players. That was probably it.

I don't recall it as being Vets. It may have been up in Warren since we had friends near there that we sometimes went to shows with.

dando
11-27-16, 05:23 AM
I had forgotten about the Kenley Players. That was probably it.

I don't recall it as being Vets. It may have been up in Warren since we had friends near there that we sometimes went to shows with.

Kenley was IT for live theater on the 50s, 60s, 70s, and, IIRC, the early 80s until the Broadway Series took over once the Ohio Theater and Palace Theater renovations were completed. Although I recall seeing Othello in the Ohio Theater on a field trip while in middle school (1979).

Back on topic...I had no idea Florence did The Tonight Show pre-Carson. :thumbup:

Napoleon
11-27-16, 09:16 PM
Very interesting on the Kenley Players stuff.