PDA

View Full Version : dcracer?

TravelGal
10-22-16, 04:26 PM
I've hesitated posting this. Two days ago, I saw this post that (David) Trent Rowsell had passed away. He and I were Facebook friends for so long, that I honestly cannot remember his 7thGear name. I thought it was dcracer. If not, my MOST profound apologies. Nevertheless, I think many of the old hands here probably remember Trent. I know I spent many evenings chatting with him, back when online chats were less complicated than they are now.

Here is the post. Sorry for the length.

It is with deep sadness that the family of David Trent Rowsell announces his sudden but peaceful passing on October 16, 2016 at Peterborough Regional Health Centre in Peterborough, Ontario at the age of 49.

Trent was born on September 11, 1967 and raised in Corner Brook, Newfoundland by his loving parents Sylvia and Cecil Rowsell. He resided in the Toronto then Oshawa area for the past 29 years and is predeceased by his spouse Katherine Gujda-Rowsell.
Trent began his career in Ontario with Chrysler Financial. His meticulous attention to detail and friendly spirit earned him a reputation of respect and reliability from anyone who had the privilege of meeting him. Trent had an interest in electronics and had a passion for radio-controlled cars and computers. He would avidly build, maintain, and race his RC cars competitively and would often construct computers from scratch; everyone knew who to call when they had computer questions or issues. Trent enjoyed amateur photography and developed an eager eye for that “right” shot. He also enjoyed watching ‘The Jays’, NASCAR and, at one time, the Montreal Canadians. His keen moral compass, friendly personality, and helpful spirit will be sadly missed but never forgotten.

Trent is survived by his son Devin, parents Cecil & Sylvia of Corner Brook, grandmother Elsie Goosney of Corner Brook, brother Blair (Sharon) Rowsell of Mississauga, sister Lori (Alonzo) Pittman of Thunder Bay, nieces Alyssa (Matthew), Brianna, nephew Jordan, cousins and close friends. He is also predeceased by his grandfather Raymond Goosney and grandparents Thomas and Helena Rowsell.

A memorial service will be held at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 632 Thornton Rd. N, Oshawa, ON, on Wednesday October 26,2016 at 7:00pm. where family and friends are welcome to celebrate and reflect on Trent’s life. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in trust to Devin Rowsell, through RBC Royal Bank Transit # 00932. Account # 515-852-2. (cash deposits) or e-transfer to rowsellblair@gmail.com and condolences may be offered at 3352 Tallmast Crescent, Mississauga, ON L5L 1H5.

Kiwifan
10-22-16, 09:07 PM
Bugger. That is so sad. 49? Sigh.

Another Family member gone too soon.

Gnam
10-23-16, 01:51 AM
Devastating for his parents to lose their son. Heartbreaking for a son to lose his father. :(
My condolences to his family and his friends.

I didn't know him, but I like to think he's somewhere reading that obit and shaking his head at the NASCAR reference. "For the last time, I don't like NASCAR. It's open wheel! I like open wheel racing!" ;)

nrc
10-23-16, 09:04 PM
Terrible news. Our sympathies to the friends and family.