PDA

View Full Version : NFL Football thread '16

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

dando
09-09-16, 01:14 PM
Since no one posted a thread for NLF or CFB...here it is.

Apparently Don Q spotted WB in Denver last night.

:gomer: ;) :D

Good game. I didn't think the Nags had a chance.

WickerBill
09-09-16, 02:01 PM
Barrel man is dead. Respect.

I told someone this morning: I've been through the "Super Bowl champs but your QB retired" thing before (in fact, the Broncos are the only team to have ever had that... and we've now had it twice). My expectations are low. Every win this year is like straight icing.

So last night? Mmmmmmmmmmmm. :)

nrc
09-11-16, 12:32 AM
I rudely edited your thread title because you didn't do it right. :p

Lot of complaints about helmet hits on Newton. Helmet to helmet only gets called when your orange jersey has stripes. :D I did wonder whether Newton was flossing on the bench to get his teeth back in line.

dando
09-11-16, 05:34 AM
I rudely edited your thread title because you didn't do it right. :p

Lot of complaints about helmet hits on Newton. Helmet to helmet only gets called when your orange jersey has stripes. :D I did wonder whether Newton was flossing on the bench to get his teeth back in line.

You da boss. :) Cam took a beating for sure. I still think the NFL is headed this way:

:gomer: :D

Srsly tho, having watched a number of pre-season games, there's so much inconsistency in 'targeting' calls or head shots. It's like the refs are still in pre-season mode, and a few players are being 'profiled'. :irked: #Tez Where was the outcry on Ward vs. Rivers a few years ago, or the hit on Gio last season? If there was a classic example of targeting or a headshot, that was prime. But no call. :saywhat:

dando
09-11-16, 11:51 AM
This is sad...the parental units get the Bingles #PhilSimms in Hilton Head while we suffer through the Clowns on 10TV. :( :saywhat: :irked: :shakehead:

WickerBill
09-11-16, 01:45 PM
Zero brown elements for the Browns today. The Cleveland Oranges.

dando
09-11-16, 04:16 PM
Mucho thanks 10TV for proving how bad the Insane Clowns Posse stink. :shakehead: Even putting an obviously injured RGIII in with <1:00 to go and down by 3 scores. :\ Much class by Marvin & team visiting the Twin Towers Memorial. :thumbup: :cool:

EDwardo
09-11-16, 04:39 PM
Chiefs trail 24-3 in 3rd quarter. Chargers fold and Chiefs come back to win in overtime 33-27. Awesome comeback!

stroker
09-11-16, 06:19 PM
I could not believe my eyes on that Rodgers/Adams completion.

Didn't see the game but it sounds like the Vikings are strong, too.

nrc
09-12-16, 03:17 AM
Mucho thanks 10TV for proving how bad the Insane Clowns Posse stink. :shakehead: Even putting an obviously injured RGIII in with <1:00 to go and down by 3 scores. :\ Much class by Marvin & team visiting the Twin Towers Memorial. :thumbup: :cool:

Heh. I love NFL Gamepass. I worked outside all afternoon and the game was available for replay at 7:30PM. The good news is that I can't imagine that they won't show the Bengals @ Steelers next week.

This was an amazing game for Andy Dalton and A.J. Green. Sacked seven times and under duress the entire game and Dalton still posts a 114 passer rating. Jets fans are ready to vote Revis off the island after Green put up 12 catches on 13 targets for 180 yards and a TD.

Credit the whole team for toughing this one out. Either the Jets D-line is one for the ages or the Bengals have work to do on the O-line. The Bengals front seven need to do better against the run. Credit to Margus Hunt who convinced everyone during preseason that he should be cut. His blocked field goal was the difference and he had two more passes batted, and TFL. Maybe there's hope for him after all but right now they're feeling the loss of Wallace Gilberry from the D-line rotation.

I'm just happy to get out of NY with a win. First Bengals win in New York against the Jets in 35 years.

dando
09-12-16, 05:57 AM
Heh. I love NFL Gamepass. I worked outside all afternoon and the game was available for replay at 7:30PM. The good news is that I can't imagine that they won't show the Bengals @ Steelers next week.

This was an amazing game for Andy Dalton and A.J. Green. Sacked seven times and under duress the entire game and Dalton still posts a 114 passer rating. Jets fans are ready to vote Revis off the island after Green put up 12 catches on 13 targets for 180 yards and a TD.

Credit the whole team for toughing this one out. Either the Jets D-line is one for the ages or the Bengals have work to do on the O-line. The Bengals front seven need to do better against the run. Credit to Margus Hunt who convinced everyone during preseason that he should be cut. His blocked field goal was the difference and he had two more passes batted, and TFL. Maybe there's hope for him after all but right now they're feeling the loss of Wallace Gilberry from the D-line rotation.

I'm just happy to get out of NY with a win. First Bengals win in New York against the Jets in 35 years.

Don't open old wounds...

968 New York L, 14-27
1969 Cincinnati L, 7-21
New York L, 7-40
1971 New York L, 21-35
1973 Cincinnati W, 20-14
1976 New York W, 42-3
1981 New York W, 31-30
1982 *Cincinnati L, 17-44 <==
1984 New York L, 23-43
1985 Cincinnati L, 20-29
1986 Cincinnati W, 52-21
1987 New York L, 20-27
1988 Cincinnati W, 36-19
1990 Cincinnati W, 25-20
1992 New York L, 14-17
1993 New York L, 12-17
1997 Cincinnati L, 14-31
2001 New York L, 14-15
2004 New York L, 24-31
2007 Cincinnati W, 38-31
2008 New York L, 14-26
2009 New York L, 0-37
**Cincinnati L, 14-24 <==
2010 New York L, 10-26
2013 Cincinnati W, 49-9
*AFC First-Round Playoff
**AFC Wild Card Playoff

:\

Good to see Nuuuuge extract some revenge. :D I 'watched' it on gamecast. I was shocked to see the Red Rifle sacks. :eek: Need to get Tyler back ASAP.

Lots of goodness this weekend (Gmen balance out The Bolts....sorry, TG).

I hope it carries over to the Stealers tonight. ;)

Elmo T
09-12-16, 07:34 AM
Even putting an obviously injured RGIII in with <1:00 to go and down by 3 scores. :\

It almost seemed like "well it is not broken YET, so go back in"... :shakehead:

dando
09-12-16, 01:04 PM
It almost seemed like "well it is not broken YET, so go back in"... :shakehead:

If it ain't broke, fix it. :\ Me thinks they dispense stupid pills on the North Coast. :shakehead: But they've amassed so many draft picks for QBs 1,000 and 1,001, etc. since 1999. :gomer: Even my friends from Cleveburg have claimed 0-16...white flag already. :tony:

dando
09-12-16, 04:06 PM
RGIII broken....

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17531162/cleveland-browns-qb-robert-griffin-iii-injured-reserve-shoulder-injury

:shakehead:

Gnam
09-12-16, 05:22 PM
RGIII hurt his left shoulder when he was tackled at the end of a run with 3 minutes, 41 seconds left and the Browns down 22-10 Sunday against the Eagles.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17531162/cleveland-browns-qb-robert-griffin-iii-injured-reserve-shoulder-injury
wow. Someone's getting fired.

edit: hey, youse guys wanna buy Kaepernick's contract?

Gnam
09-12-16, 05:56 PM
nevermind.

Hue says no.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000701300/article/hue-jackson-cleveland-browns-wont-trade-for-qb

dando
09-12-16, 06:36 PM
nevermind.

Hue says no.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000701300/article/hue-jackson-cleveland-browns-wont-trade-for-qb

Shizz...they gots TPeezy. :gomer: :p :D ;)

nrc
09-13-16, 09:28 AM
As of right now local TV guide info lists Browns/Ravens rather than Bengals/Steelers. That's inconceivable (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D58LpHBnvsI)!

Meanwhile the Bengals flavorburst uniforms are out. They've gone with a the "white tiger" look. Fans dreamed of a white helmet to go with it but no joy there. I'm pleased to see that the Bengals will don non-vomit inducing flavorburst costumes

The official group shot of the costumes shows some other mainly white looks. Browns will go full Mr. Hanky and the Stillers get the black PJ look. I guess the Stillers have got enough ugly alternates that they didn't want to go piss yellow.

http://www.uni-watch.com/2016/09/13/color-rush-uniforms-finally-ready-for-their-close-up/

dando
09-13-16, 09:49 AM
As of right now local TV guide info lists Browns/Ravens rather than Bengals/Steelers. That's inconceivable (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D58LpHBnvsI)!

Meanwhile the Bengals flavorburst uniforms are out. They've gone with a the "white tiger" look. Fans dreamed of a white helmet to go with it but no joy there. I'm pleased to see that the Bengals will don non-vomit inducing flavorburst costumes

The official group shot of the costumes shows some other mainly white looks. Browns will go full Mr. Hanky and the Stillers get the black PJ look. I guess the Stillers have got enough ugly alternates that they didn't want to go piss yellow.

http://www.uni-watch.com/2016/09/13/color-rush-uniforms-finally-ready-for-their-close-up/

I checked the guide on TWC just now and they have Stealers/Bingles listed on 10. I sent my compliments about the menu selection to 10TV and Dom via Twitter and FB. :) Of course if the Stealers wear the bumble bee costumes, I'd rather 'watch' it on radio. :shakehead: :\

Side note...'nam yer boys are killing me...are they that good, and I need to move the Lambs into the top three for the #1 pick? I KNOW the Clowns and Bears belong there, but a 28-0 beat down??? :confused:

WickerBill
09-13-16, 10:23 AM
No longer permitted to have alternate helmets, which is a real shame. Some safety stupidity with no basis at all in science.

Broncos are going with the old helmet logo, but sadly on the existing dark blue helmets.

dando
09-13-16, 10:36 AM
No longer permitted to have alternate helmets, which is a real shame. Some safety stupidity with no basis at all in science.

Broncos are going with the old helmet logo, but sadly on the existing dark blue helmets.

'Safety' overkill, IMHO. But after the Newton and RGIII happenings week one...who the heck knows? :saywhat: :shakehead: The NFL and NFLPA is being run by peeps that weren't around when Jack Tatum and 'Night Train' Lane, et al. were playing. They didn't call Tatum as The Assassin for no reason.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Tatum

dando
09-13-16, 10:48 AM
More on the uni prOn:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17536350/nike-unveils-color-rush-uniforms-addresses-conflicts-colorblind

:shakehead: :saywhat: :\

TKGAngel
09-13-16, 11:28 AM
Oh, FFS. You mean I have to watch those all red monstrosities on Thursday night? I suppose its fitting that the game is up against the season premiere of Project Runway because those need some design help.

WickerBill
09-13-16, 12:10 PM
But after the Newton and RGIII happenings week one...who the heck knows?

I find it hard to believe that Cam wearing a different helmet than he wore the week before would have changed much. In fact, it seems to me that reducing the games and practices on the helmets by having a secondary one that the player wears for two games a season (and the week's worth of practice leading up to those games) would be a positive thing.

IMO, the NFL hid behind the safety mantra in order to outlaw the "college effect" where teams have a different helmet every week. But they could have just come out and said "you can wear your alternate helmet twice a season", just like they did for the uniforms.

Now, if there was a viable market for selling helmets, like there is for jerseys, you can bet the NFL would allow helmet design swaps at halftime.

Gnam
09-13-16, 12:50 PM
Are the Rams OK? Maybe they all have pneumonia. ;)

dando
09-13-16, 01:31 PM
Are the Rams OK? Maybe they all have pneumonia. ;)

I picked those Sacrificial Lambs based on your advice. :gomer: ;) They had something, but perhaps they were enjoying the MJ. ;) I like Fisher as a HC, but that org is just messed up. Left Coast Clowns. :shakehead:

Gnam
09-13-16, 01:53 PM
I picked those Sacrificial Lambs based on your advice. :gomer: ;) They had something, but perhaps they were enjoying the MJ. ;) I like Fisher as a HC, but that org is just messed up. Left Coast Clowns. :shakehead:
No one was more surprised than me. 49ers 16-0! :laugh:

ESPN did a good job of hiding the empty seats, but the stadium was only about half full.
Wonder where they learned that trick? :tony:

dando
09-13-16, 02:09 PM
No one was more surprised than me. 49ers 16-0! :laugh:

ESPN did a good job of hiding the empty seats, but the stadium was only about half full.
Wonder where they learned that trick? :tony:

The flag props covering :tony:'s metal 'fans' helped. ;) :D

dando
09-13-16, 02:30 PM
Wyche gets heart transplant...

http://www.wcpo.com/sports/football/bengals/longtime-bengals-coach-sam-wyche-getting-a-new-heart-in-oregon

:eek:

nrc
09-13-16, 07:59 PM
Wyche gets heart transplant...

http://www.wcpo.com/sports/football/bengals/longtime-bengals-coach-sam-wyche-getting-a-new-heart-in-oregon

:eek:

Great to hear things went well. He was a great character in NFL history. The Wyche - Glanville battles were epic.

nrc
09-13-16, 08:05 PM
Just a few of the rules that have been changed or "clarified" because the Steelers have tried to maim someone or cheated against the Bengals and it wasn't called. Including two from last year's playoff game alone.

http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/23824/how-has-bengals-steelers-physical-rivalry-changed-the-nfl

stroker
09-13-16, 09:02 PM
Just a few of the rules that have been changed or "clarified" because the Steelers have tried to maim someone or cheated against the Bengals and it wasn't called. Including two from last year's playoff game alone.

http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/23824/how-has-bengals-steelers-physical-rivalry-changed-the-nfl

Did they determine what a legal catch is yet? :p

dando
09-18-16, 06:26 PM
OK...bit my tongue until it almost blead. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot were the 'refs' thinking upholding the 'fumble' call in review call at !:50? That at and the number of 'non-holding' calls....Yes, the Bingles O sucked....where the hell was Gio until the 4th Q? :irked: :saywhat: :mad:

Insomniac
09-19-16, 10:09 AM
Patriots might be starting a rookie QB vs the Texans. Unleash the Garoppolo-Romo comparisons.

nrc
09-19-16, 01:53 PM
OK...bit my tongue until it almost blead. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot were the 'refs' thinking upholding the 'fumble' call in review call at !:50? That at and the number of 'non-holding' calls....Yes, the Bingles O sucked....where the hell was Gio until the 4th Q? :irked: :saywhat: :mad:

I'm sure that I don't know what you're talking about.

In spite of all the bad and missed calls, the Bengals are going to have to play better to win the division this year.

On the offense the new pieces obviously haven't come together yet. The Steelers D played similar to the Jets but instead of trying to bring pressure they let their linebackers read and react. Seems like the Bengals did a poor job of getting blockers to the second level to counter that and I'm not sure it was line play or the play calling from new OC K.Z Pezy.

Dalton still played pretty well under the conditions but the Steelers backend did a good job of taking away the underneath stuff that Green made hay on last week. Gotta make touchdowns and not field goals. The running game is the difference. Hill may be too broken at this point. To much dancing at the point of attack.

Defense held up pretty well. Dansby is a good addition but Shawn Williams is no Reggie Nelson and that hurt them a few times.

Gnam
09-19-16, 04:22 PM
49ers' offense is like a wounded animal. It is unpredictable and dangerous, but not capable of consistent progress. A 3-and-Out is just as likely as a 75 yard TD pass. The defense is like a damp sweater. Annoying at times, but easily shaken off. Side note: I hate Chip Kelly. The fact that the Niners now rush to the line, get set, and then stand up to look back at the coaches making shadow puppets/hand signals is sickening. I hated when Oregon did it. I hate it now. :yuck:

WTF, Seattle? Three points? :laugh:

dando
09-19-16, 05:09 PM
Turrible OL play. Period. They need to get The Elf back ASAP. I kept wondering where was Gio until the 4th Q? Witness Protection Program? Thoughts of the targeting that wasn't called last season? ToP just gassed the D by the 4th Q. And...

Red Zone (Made-Att) 0-3 2-2 <====

Wish I could have heard Lap's post-game, but the usual radio stations on the way back from Marion didn't have the post-game. :\

dando
09-19-16, 05:11 PM
And just to be 'fair and balanced' the call on TPeezy was just plain silly.

dando
09-19-16, 05:41 PM
49ers' offense is like a wounded animal. It is unpredictable and dangerous, but not capable of consistent progress. A 3-and-Out is just as likely as a 75 yard TD pass. The defense is like a damp sweater. Annoying at times, but easily shaken off. Side note: I hate Chip Kelly. The fact that the Niners now rush to the line, get set, and then stand up to look back at the coaches making shadow puppets/hand signals is sickening. I hated when Oregon did it. I hate it now. :yuck:

WTF, Seattle? Three points? :laugh:

YFTS. :)

WickerBill
09-20-16, 08:25 AM
May I just say that the 9ers got really screwed by the schedulers?

First, west coast teams should never have to play 1pm games. Why? Why couldn't Carolina have a 4:25 start? They could, of course. We have a vast country, and those 53 bodies are starting a football game at 10am. (Plus, selfishly, more 4pm games is better for NFL Sunday Ticket subs)

Second, not only did they start at 10am, but they played the late-late Monday night game (while Carolina had four extra days of rest).

Dave99
09-22-16, 11:17 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/ZZYZXX13/cheerleaders.jpg

dando
09-25-16, 12:50 PM
With all due respect in advance, WB...bite me. ;) :gomer: :D

WickerBill
09-25-16, 04:06 PM
With all due respect in advance, WB...bite me. ;) :gomer: :D

heh.

dando
09-25-16, 04:10 PM
nrc, this team is just plain dysfunctional...

OL :thumbdown:

DL :thumbdown:

WRs :thumbdown:

:shakehead: :irked: :saywhat: :(

WickerBill
09-25-16, 04:29 PM
Don't judge any OL or QB after playing Denver.

QBs vs DEN Defense
Last 5 Gms

Dalton: 0 TD, 1 INT
Luck: 1 TD, 1 INT
Newton (Wk 1): 1 TD, 1 INT
Newton (SB): 0 TD, 1 INT
Brady: 1 TD, 2 INT

dando
09-25-16, 07:29 PM
heh.

Like I said...bite me. :gomer: :p

stroker
09-25-16, 09:27 PM
Vikings D is impressive.

Fitzpatrick, not so much...

EDwardo
09-26-16, 12:03 AM
Ryan Fitzpatrick had a bad, bad, NY Jets kind of day. 20-44 188 yards 0 TD 6 INT. Meanwhile the Chiefs got back on track. They aren't missing Jamal Charles much.
First game with the Nags isn't until week 12. WTF is up with the schedule makers. Rematch week 16. My guess that one will be for all the marbles. What say you WB?

nrc
09-26-16, 12:07 AM
nrc, this team is just plain dysfunctional...

OL :thumbdown:

DL :thumbdown:

WRs :thumbdown:

:shakehead: :irked: :saywhat: :(

Definitely plenty of blame to go around, but the O-line didn't do too bad. Von Miller didn't get a sack until the Bengals were forced to pass at the end. The run game wasn't consistent enough and blitzes blew up the protection on the first series of the second half but outside of that I didn't think it was bad considering the competition.

Ditto the defensive line. They stoned the rushing game and what-his-name was getting rid of the ball too quickly to allow many sacks. I do think they're missing Wallace Gilberry in the D-line rotation.

You're getting warmer with the WRs. LaFell and Boyd were out of sync and A.J. Green had a couple of cases of brain-fade in critical moments.

To me the real problem this game was the secondary. The Bengals took the lead in the fourth quarter and the defense responded by giving up two long touchdown drives almost entirely through the air. The defense gave up five first downs this game by penalty, most of them for defensive holding. The projects to replace Reggie Nelson at Safety and Leon Hall at corner have not yet panned out and Adam Jones is running out of gas. He keeps getting dinged and having to step out and we immediately see his replacement abused. They should never let him return a punt again. It's too big a risk.

dando
09-26-16, 12:58 AM
It seemed like Red Rifle was being swarmed way too much. Maybe due to the young WRs. :confused: But the DL and front 7 has confounded me. Pressure the QB....takes the heat off the DBs. And get Gio more involved. :saywhat:

Elmo T
09-26-16, 08:34 AM
http://i68.tinypic.com/ivbo5z.jpg

dando
09-26-16, 12:35 PM
Hey man....be nice.

:gomer: ;)

cameraman
09-26-16, 03:40 PM
Well this isn't going to help the 'skins

Gruden confirms DeAngelo Hall has torn his ACL and will be out for the season. Breeland, Lauvao and Lichtensteiger will be week-to-week.

Gnam
09-26-16, 04:25 PM
The following teams have disappointed me this week:
Texans. Can't score. Can't stop the 3rd string QB.
Arizona. Buffalo? You lose to Buffalo?
Giants. :shakehead:
49ers. :yuck:

dando
09-26-16, 06:55 PM
The following teams have disappointed me this week:
Texans. Can't score. Can't stop the 3rd string QB.
Arizona. Buffalo? You lose to Buffalo?
Giants. :shakehead:
49ers. :yuck:

You missed Stealersville. :gomer:

Gnam
09-26-16, 07:23 PM
You missed Stealersville. :gomer:
True. But, an Eagles win in the post Chip Kelly era strengthens my thesis that Chip Kelly is NFL poison and any team is better of without him.

Gnam
09-27-16, 02:15 PM
10 out of 16 this week, and missed the Monday game.

I did not expect the Saints' Defense to be so overwhelmed.
The levees around New Orleans put up more of a fight.

cameraman
09-28-16, 10:40 AM
so much for trying to pick underdogs:cry::cry::cry:

dando
09-29-16, 12:19 AM
so much for trying to pick underdogs:cry::cry::cry:

I highly recommend on selecting the Clowns, Bears, Lambs and 9ers. :gomer:

dando
09-29-16, 11:15 PM
Bingles == FG Citty. :saywhat: :irked: :\ :thumbdown:

dando
09-29-16, 11:29 PM
Have we lost the art of a QB sneak?????!!!! :saywhat: :irked:

dando
09-30-16, 06:28 AM
I totally disapprove of nrc's play calling. :gomer: :\

nrc
09-30-16, 09:08 AM
Important announcement: The Dolphins flavorburst costumes look even worse in person than they do on camera. It was like playing the Miami Melons.

dando
09-30-16, 02:59 PM
Important announcement: The Dolphins flavorburst costumes look even worse in person than they do on camera. It was like playing the Miami Melons.

Orangesicles.

Those unis made Dayglo TN look good. :saywhat: :shakehead:

nrc
09-30-16, 03:53 PM
Orangesicles.

Those unis made Dayglo TN look good. :saywhat: :shakehead:

Orangesicles are delicious. Not these. In person they weren't orange enough to be orange anything. More like cantalopesicles.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/28/Cantaloupes.jpg/220px-Cantaloupes.jpg

dando
09-30-16, 05:01 PM
Orangesicles are delicious. Not these. In person they weren't orange enough to be orange anything. More like cantalopesicles.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/28/Cantaloupes.jpg/220px-Cantaloupes.jpg

Perhaps we'll get lucky and the Insane Clowns Posse will wear fudgesicles unis. :D

WickerBill
09-30-16, 05:43 PM
The Browns color rush uniforms look far better than anything they wear normally.

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/fLXPHDL_4J6A4n7oqSSzzD2xeOw=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/7091701/browns-color-rush.jpg

dando
09-30-16, 06:00 PM
Whathca talking 'bout, Willis?

:gomer:

dando
10-05-16, 08:14 PM
This is getting nuts...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17723216/josh-norman-washington-redskins-fined-10k-bow-arrow-gesture

I get the throat slash gesture is bad, but c'mon man. :saywhat:

nrc
10-09-16, 07:46 PM
Ugh. That was horrible. I don't think I've seen the Bengals play that badly in years. Outside of the playoffs, I mean. :irked:

None of the things they've done to try and back-fill for attrition have been effective. Some of that has been injuries to "the next man up" but some of it has just been bad judgement. Specifically the O-line has collapsed without Smith and the secondary can't cover or tackle without Nelson. :irked:

Gnam
10-10-16, 01:22 AM
Chargers fans have the best 1-4 team. The end of that game was brutal.

dando
10-10-16, 02:21 AM
Ugh. That was horrible. I don't think I've seen the Bengals play that badly in years. Outside of the playoffs, I mean. :irked:

None of the things they've done to try and back-fill for attrition have been effective. Some of that has been injuries to "the next man up" but some of it has just been bad judgement. Specifically the O-line has collapsed without Smith and the secondary can't cover or tackle without Nelson. :irked:

Beginning to think that it's time for Marvin to go. :(

The OL is a mess, and the front 7 on D was just gashed. Really need to get Eifert back for an effective pass attack. Gio was featured, but Hill was MIA for the most part. I knew the passing attack was going be poor, but this is worse. :(

Next weekend is going to be a fuster cluck. :saywhat:

WickerBill
10-10-16, 06:55 AM
Is it weird that Denver has played 5 games and hasn't yet had a single division game?

Carolina
Indianapolis
Cincinnati
Tampa
Atlanta

Insomniac
10-10-16, 10:25 AM
Is it weird that Denver has played 5 games and hasn't yet had a single division game?

Carolina
Indianapolis
Cincinnati
Tampa
Atlanta

Probably bound to happen. The schedule makers try and cater to team requests so they don't really plan much besides trying to have as many division games as they can in the last 2-3 weeks.

Philadelphia's is Week 6 also. Some times the same teams play each other twice in 3 weeks.

KaBoom21
10-10-16, 01:35 PM
Hey, the Oakland Raiders are leading the division. This team is fun.

WickerBill
10-11-16, 02:34 PM
By the way, this Thursday's game will be easily the best of the bunch of Color Rush uniform matchups.

Gnam
10-11-16, 02:38 PM
I didn't think they'd do it. Kaepernick will start at QB for the 49ers against the Bills. :shakehead:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/colin-kaepernick-to-start-at-qb-for-49ers-in-week-6-against-the-bills/

dando
10-14-16, 02:15 PM
Geoff Hobson ‏@GeoffHobsonCin 32m32 minutes ago
Tyler Eifert out officially for Sunday

:(

nrc
10-14-16, 03:22 PM
:(

Score prediction: 77-20

dando
10-14-16, 03:57 PM
Score prediction: 77-20

Srsly? You really think they'll actually score 20? :gomer:

TravelGal
10-15-16, 10:19 AM
By the way, this Thursday's game will be easily the best of the bunch of Color Rush uniform matchups.

I was thinking of you. I could hardly watch. Fortunately I was out at a meeting and only had to endure that orange for the last 8 minutes, which the Chargers managed to make interesting. :rolleyes:

nrc
10-15-16, 06:07 PM
Srsly? You really think they'll actually score 20? :gomer:

That's about their average for the season and with the Pats scoring 77 they'll get a lot of possessions.

dando
10-16-16, 02:00 PM
Bills fans boo Colin Kaepernick, chant 'USA' before he kneels

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17807180/buffalo-bills-fans-chant-usa-coin-kaepernick-san-francisco-49ers-kneels

:thumbup: :thumbup:

dando
10-16-16, 06:23 PM
That's about their average for the season and with the Pats scoring 77 they'll get a lot of possessions.

Called it. :gomer: Of course the failed 4th and goal doomed them. :irked: You kinda missed on the Pats score. ;)

Gnam
10-16-16, 07:30 PM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17807180/buffalo-bills-fans-chant-usa-coin-kaepernick-san-francisco-49ers-kneels

:thumbup: :thumbup:
After the game, Kaepernick compared himself favorably to Mohammed Ali. :shakehead:
That girl has got him twisted.

It's hard to root for your team but against the coach and QB.

dando
10-16-16, 08:16 PM
After the game, Kaepernick compared himself favorably to Mohammed Ali. :shakehead:

Not just compared hisself to The Champ afterwards, he wore an Ali T entering the stadium.

dando
10-16-16, 08:28 PM

His re-worked deal is player-option second year, right? Where the **** does he think he'll go if he bails (or is cut)? :shakehead: Of course, there is always Cleveland...the line of QBs there is like a McD's Drive Thru. And, BTW, it's Kaeperdick. :gomer:

Insomniac
10-17-16, 08:50 AM

Ali wasn't exactly celebrated for his protest.

Insomniac
10-17-16, 09:16 AM
Pats/Bengals got a bit chippy. This seems to have been the impetus:

http://thebiglead.com/2016/10/16/video-vontaze-burfict-with-low-hit-on-martellus-bennett-gronk-later-flagged-for-jawing-at-him/

Dirty?

SteveH
10-17-16, 09:25 AM

http://thebiglead.com/2016/10/16/video-vontaze-burfict-with-low-hit-on-martellus-bennett-gronk-later-flagged-for-jawing-at-him/

Dirty?

definitely

WickerBill
10-17-16, 10:23 AM

Dirty?

There definitely seems to be intent. If it were a ball carrier, it would be fine (albeit just as dangerous).

dando
10-17-16, 12:00 PM
There definitely seems to be intent. If it were a ball carrier, it would be fine (albeit just as dangerous).

What was he carrying? A six-pack? :saywhat: Borderline, IMO. Can't hit 'em high, can't go low...just put flags on 'em and be done with it. :irked:

WickerBill
10-17-16, 12:59 PM
I agree it's borderline and I agree that taking a big man down is easier at the legs and I agree that he's going to pay the price for his priors.

dando
10-17-16, 01:09 PM

Dirty?

Gronk + Tez + Pac == powder keg

And don't just lay it on the Bengals. Gronk got into it as well, including chirping with Jones in the end zone on the incomplete pass.

Insomniac
10-17-16, 01:10 PM
It would've been pass interference for sure if the pass was going to him. He arrived well before the ball went over their heads.

A lot of players say they have to go low to avoid the head. I don't like this argument, but I also did not play football. Are the only options to tackle knees and below or the head? I know for guys the size of Gronk and Bennett, in the open field, you have to go low or you're liable to bounce off them or be dragged for a ride when you're over matched. But Bennett was basically just standing there coming out of his break and he's going low from behind. He couldn't tackle him? Pacman wasn't going low (and his tackle going low on Gronk shortly after was 100% fair). I think it speaks to the way Burfict plays the game. You can call it dirty, playing hard, but that is his style. TJ Ward also goes low with his helmet not even looking where he's going. And just so everyone doesn't call me out for Pats bias, Rodney Harrison played the game in a similar way. There's a reason 98%+ of the players are not labeled as such IMO.

dando
10-17-16, 01:11 PM
I agree it's borderline and I agree that taking a big man down is easier at the legs and I agree that he's going to pay the price for his priors.

The other part to consider is that Gronk is damn near impossible to bring down with a standard tackle. He's a load.

Insomniac
10-17-16, 01:17 PM
Gronk + Tez + Pac == powder keg

And don't just lay it on the Bengals. Gronk got into it as well, including chirping with Jones in the end zone on the incomplete pass.

I didn't lay it on the Bengals. I said that was likely the impetus. Gronk had his guys back, he didn't start it. I'd prefer they be more composed, same with Blount. They can go back to acting like a-holes after they win. ;) I like your view of the end zone pass aftermath.

dando
10-17-16, 01:34 PM
I didn't lay it on the Bengals. I said that was likely the impetus. Gronk had his guys back, he didn't start it. I'd prefer they be more composed, same with Blount. They can go back to acting like a-holes after they win. ;) I like your view of the end zone pass aftermath.

No doubt that hit was the spark. These teams don't like each other..like the Bengals/Stealers. Add the players with attitudes, and poof! One can only imagine the chatter game long leading up to the hit. Different game if the Bengals had stuffed it in on 4th down early. :saywhat: :shakehead:

Per R&K on E$PN, the NFL is reviewing the hit. Oh boy. :\

Gnam
10-17-16, 01:44 PM
At least Blount didn't sucker punch anyone this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIp3vaAyffI

nrc
10-17-16, 02:21 PM
Bah. You guys disappoint. Brady pumped at Bennett. When Burfict and Jones moved to make a play on that action Brady reloaded and threw it right over their heads to Amendola. They think they're about to make a play on the receiver. Heck, even Bennett thinks he's about to get the ball. After all of that he hit the guy at thigh level and fell down into his knee. Even Vontez Burfict can't defy the laws of physics.

Meanwhile taunting is supposed to be a point of emphasis this season but the NFL promotes it on their web site when it's a star player doing the taunting.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000721735/article/unstoppable-rob-gronkowski-taunts-bengals?campaign=tw-articleshare

Gronk repeatedly taunted injured players on the ground and the story reads like that's justified because Adam Jones went for his legs like every small corner must do if they want to have any hope of getting him down.