PDA

View Full Version : Football Pool Time

Pages : [1] 2 3

Dvdb
08-30-16, 02:20 PM
It's that time again. Time when the grass browns, the leaves turn, the sun sets a little earlier, and a man's (and woman's) fancy turns to football.

Poolhost.com
Pool ID: OC16
Pool Password: Zanardi
Number of games required to pick each week: ALL
Uses Monday Night Footbal tie-break: Yes
Maximum number of players allowed to join: 50
Pool type (Public/Private): Private
Spread Type: No point spreads used
Number of players currently joined: 11

Good luck, ya'll.

dando
08-30-16, 02:57 PM
Pool does not exist.

dando
08-30-16, 04:58 PM
Available now.

TravelGal
08-30-16, 08:02 PM
There must be something terribly wrong. I was able to log in immediately. That has never, EVER happened. :tony:

cameraman
08-30-16, 09:00 PM
8 days and 21 hours to get your picks in...

Dvdb
09-06-16, 12:44 PM
It's Tuesday......need your picks Thursday.

TravelGal
09-06-16, 06:42 PM
There must be something terribly wrong. I was able to log in immediately. That has never, EVER happened. :tony:

I knew that couldn't last. Jeebers Mary and Jehosephat. It sure looks different than it did a week ago. Anyway, I have NO IDEA. Ergo, I pretty much picked the teams I'd like to win. Rather than who actually might win, you understand. More :gomer:

nrc
09-06-16, 10:40 PM
Thank God, they finally updated that site.

cameraman
09-07-16, 12:54 AM
Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not...

Gnam
09-07-16, 02:25 AM
Pool does not exist.

What the H?

Dvdb
09-07-16, 03:09 PM
Yep, new site design was up yesterday. Takes a little getting used to after all these years.

Gnam, let me know if you are still having problems finding/logging in.

And consider this another bump.

dando
09-07-16, 08:08 PM
Nifty new threads. nrc out done hisself. :gomer:

Dvdb
09-08-16, 06:42 PM
Gnam, I've tried to DM you this afternoon but don't know if it went through. If you are still having problems, DM me your picks and points for week 1 and I'll put them in for you.

TravelGal
09-11-16, 09:40 PM
Spoiler alert.

THAT'S IT. I am NEVER picking the Chargers again. Epic fail, fold, and f up the place. :flaming:

TravelGal
09-12-16, 12:25 PM
Anyway, I have NO IDEA. Ergo, I pretty much picked the teams I'd like to win. Rather than who actually might win, you understand. More :gomer:

I'm sorta liking this method. So much easier than all that tedious checking records, rushing yards, passing yards, sacks, defense, etc. :D:D

dando
09-12-16, 01:33 PM
Spoiler alert.

THAT'S IT. I am NEVER picking the Chargers again. Epic fail, fold, and f up the place. :flaming:

Never quite got that organization...Spanos is bat **** crazy like Al Davis. :saywhat: QComm, Jack Murphy, or whatever they call it today is craptastic like Oakland. I remember driving (well, riding) by it in circa '78 on the way to TJ...yet they built Petco, which is one of the nicer new ballparks. :confused: It's a perfect area to have a Super Bowl every 4-5 years. :\

Gnam
09-13-16, 01:54 PM
Compare and despair:

I got 10 out of 16 right and split the Monday night games.

dando
09-13-16, 02:20 PM
Margie leads? I must be in alternate universe...#StarTrek50 weekend. :gomer: ;) In for week 2. :)

cameraman
09-13-16, 03:06 PM
Sheesh, on the wrong side of three 1 point games...

Dvdb
09-14-16, 10:56 AM
Week 2 picks, please.

TravelGal
09-15-16, 11:06 AM
Margie leads? I must be in alternate universe...#StarTrek50 weekend. :gomer: ;) In for week 2. :)

You got that right. :D I gazed once again at the week and season leader. But fear not. Then I made my picks. :laugh:

dando
09-15-16, 12:05 PM
You got that right. :D I gazed once again at the week and season leader. But fear not. Then I made my picks. :laugh:

:grumbles: As long as Bingles get a W in Pissburgh (sic). all is well and good. :) Throw in tOSU > Mobilehoma, and I'm in heaven. :)

TravelGal
09-20-16, 11:07 AM
Ugh, done in again by the Chargers. And others of course but what am I going to do about those Chargers???

Gnam
09-20-16, 12:06 PM
11 of 16 this week, including Monday night. Lots of squeakers though.

nrc
09-20-16, 04:14 PM
I'm in. Big hole to dig out of. I guess I'm going to have to pick the Steelers to jinx them now.

dando
09-20-16, 05:37 PM
I'm in. Big hole to dig out of. I guess I'm going to have to pick the Steelers to jinx them now.

It's Stealers and/or Bumble Bees, yo. :gomer:

Dvdb
09-21-16, 01:29 PM
bump.....picks, please

dando
09-21-16, 01:45 PM
bump.....picks, please

Done, but I have no flipping clue with all of the injuries. :saywhat: I do know that it's a horse race for #1 pick between Clowns, Cutlers, and Lambs...I'd throw in the 9ers, but 'nam keeps throwing me curveballs. :gomer: ;)

Gnam
09-21-16, 02:13 PM
Done, but I have no flipping clue with all of the injuries. :saywhat: I do know that it's a horse race for #1 pick between Clowns, Cutlers, and Lambs...I'd throw in the 9ers, but 'nam keeps throwing me curveballs. :gomer: ;)
Wildcard!

Dvdb
09-22-16, 02:20 PM
Just waiting on Cameraman..........

cameraman
09-22-16, 02:41 PM
Just waiting on Cameraman..........

Done. Pondering an upset or two.

TravelGal
09-22-16, 05:57 PM
Done. Pondering an upset or two.

HOPING for one or two over here. :)

cameraman
09-23-16, 12:57 AM
That wasn't one of them. What a train wreck.:shakehead:

Gnam
09-23-16, 01:14 AM
That wasn't one of them. What a train wreck.:shakehead:
Tom Brady should announce he'll only play if the team is behind at halftime. Otherwise, he'll just be watching this year.

cameraman
09-23-16, 11:03 AM
I didn't watch the second half. Did Houston ever get the ball into NE territory? :shakehead:

Insomniac
09-23-16, 12:29 PM
I didn't watch the second half. Did Houston ever get the ball into NE territory? :shakehead:

They did, but that was about it. Trouble on 4th downs stalled the drives.

dando
09-23-16, 12:54 PM
Me no likey the Pats...but the Texans gave that one away. :shakehead: :saywhat:

Gnam
09-23-16, 03:31 PM
Patriots lose another quarterback:

Jacoby Brissett needs surgery on thumb (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jacoby-brissett-reportedly-tears-thumb-ligament-adds-to-the-patriots-qb-woes/)

Do they need a QB to beat Buffalo? ;)

dando
09-23-16, 04:35 PM
Patriots lose another quarterback:

Jacoby Brissett needs surgery on thumb (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jacoby-brissett-reportedly-tears-thumb-ligament-adds-to-the-patriots-qb-woes/)

Do they need a QB to beat Buffalo? ;)

Karma is a biotch. :gomer: :D

Gnam
09-23-16, 04:41 PM
If the Patriots pickup a QB for a one-game only contract and go on to win the Superbowl, does that QB get a ring?

Last chance, Tebow. :gomer:

dando
09-23-16, 05:44 PM
If the Patriots pickup a QB for a one-game only contract and go on to win the Superbowl, does that QB get a ring?

Pretty sure it's 'Pizza' Manning or Boomer E...failing that, can TKG throw a pass? :gomer: ;)

Insomniac
09-24-16, 10:13 AM
Me no likey the Pats...but the Texans gave that one away. :shakehead: :saywhat:

Karma is a biotch. :gomer: :D

:confused: x2

Insomniac
09-24-16, 10:46 AM

They've been pretty good with rings in the past, so I'd say definitely if the QB plays, but maybe not if they don't play and are cut.

Tebow holds the ball too long. Patriots would be looking to avoid mistakes. They'd just do the same thing. Field position, more run than pass and execute. It'll be interesting to see how they plan for it. I think given they haven't already made a move, there some hope he or Garropolo will be able to play. Although the thought of Manning playing on a lark (he's probably the only one who could learn enough of the playbook in a week) and the meltdown of the Patriots, Colts and Broncos fans would be tremendous.

Recent training camp/Patriots QBs on the street are Matt Flynn, who was on the roster for 2 months of the offseason and released to sign Ryan Lindley who was released after the last preseason game. So they clearly preferred Lindley. Ryan Mallett is in Baltimore. Could consider any former Texans QB since O'Brien is running a similar system.

Case Keenum - Rams
Tom Savage - Bust
Ryan Fitzpatrick - Jets
Ryan Mallett - Aforementioned Ravens
Brian Hoyer - Bears
T. J. Yates - Free Agent, Patriots had him in last Tuesday

So, I doubt they trade for a former QB like Cassel, Hoyer or Mallett. I doubt Manning will come back and play. Leaves Yates and Lindley. Of the two, I'd guess Yates.

Dvdb
09-28-16, 04:58 PM
Week 4 picks, please.

dando
09-28-16, 05:06 PM
Done. I still have no clue...now Dez is out for Big D. :confused:

cameraman
09-28-16, 05:54 PM
Be pretty hard to be worse than last week.

Gnam
09-28-16, 06:48 PM
If my picks pan out, there's going to be a lot of disappointed people leaving the stadiums this weekend.

dando
09-28-16, 07:30 PM
If my picks pan out, there's going to be a lot of disappointed people leaving the stadiums this weekend.

You picked the Clowns, Bears, Lambs, and 9ers? :gomer: ;) This season is bat **** crazy. :saywhat: :\

cameraman
09-29-16, 11:17 PM
everyone had the same pick for 9 of the games this week:rolleyes:

Dvdb
10-04-16, 02:08 PM
Looks like it was a tough week for everyone.......

Consider this your weekly reminder..........

dando
10-04-16, 02:35 PM
Done. :grumbles: :saywhat: :irked:

Gnam
10-04-16, 03:10 PM
sub .500 this week. 7 for 16, and missed the Monday game.

The home teams were not my friend this week.

dando
10-05-16, 12:47 AM
Quite sure Dvdb has this rigged. :gomer: ;) :saywhat:

TravelGal
10-06-16, 11:32 AM
Quite sure Dvdb has this rigged. :gomer: ;) :saywhat:

I just went in to make my picks and I see he hasn't done his yet. Maybe he'll miss a week and we can all catch up. ;)

Dvdb
10-06-16, 01:19 PM
Four years of commishing, and now Dando accuses me of rigging? Sour grapes?

And welcome back, TravelGal. Was wondering if I was supposed to enter your picks again this week.

Insomniac
10-06-16, 02:27 PM
Everybody knows you wait a couple years to cheat. :D

dando
10-06-16, 06:08 PM

And welcome back, TravelGal. Was wondering if I was supposed to enter your picks again this week.

Looks at standings...rigged. :gomer: ;) :p

Gnam
10-06-16, 06:26 PM
Some of these choices are ugly. :yuck:

I look forward to seeing how the 49ers lose tonight's game:
No offense?
No defense?
Start off ahead and then lose, or just stay behind all night?

So many possibilities, and I still pick them. :shakehead:

TravelGal
10-06-16, 07:44 PM

Thank you. If anyone asks, Austria is amazing for such a small country. Assuming you like music, food, museums, and mountains, that is. Hmmm, it would have been a good idea let you enter picks. I know you didn't mean that but if YOU picked, I might catch up a bit. The laugh is that both GManFan and I did better when we had no info and picked two weeks in advance. Maybe I'll try that again. :confused:

Gnam
10-07-16, 12:32 AM
****! :laugh:

dando
10-07-16, 03:54 AM
****! :laugh:

Moving them up to P1 for #1 pick...tight race b/w them and the Clowns Posse. :gomer:

Gnam
10-07-16, 02:57 PM
There's no way the 49ers' ownership would ever pay for a #1 pick. If they get it, they'll trade it for three third round picks because three is more than one.

I also seriously doubt they'll start Kaepernick next week. The Niners sacrificed last season to purge Jim Harbaugh, they'll do the same this year to spite Kaepernick.

dando
10-07-16, 10:30 PM
There's no way the 49ers' ownership would ever pay for a #1 pick. If they get it, they'll trade it for three third round picks because three is more than one.

I also seriously doubt they'll start Kaepernick next week. The Niners sacrificed last season to purge Jim Harbaugh, they'll do the same this year to spite Kaepernick.

Mike & Mike ‏@MikeAndMike 16h16 hours ago
"The NFL was set back about 100 years last night. It was unwatchable in every way that a football game could be."

- Greeny on AZ/SF

:rofl:

Gnam
10-10-16, 01:36 AM
The San Fancisco Chronicle reported that 33,000 ticket holders for Thursday's game did not show up. On the plus side, game day traffic was not a problem.

Dvdb
10-10-16, 03:00 PM
Happy now, Kevin?

Gnam
10-11-16, 12:55 PM
8 of 14 this week. Missed the Monday game, again.

Week 5 NFL Backup QB round up:
1. Cardinals - Drew Stanton, WIN
2. Bears - Brian Hoyer, Lose
3. Browns - Terrelle Pryor, Lose
4. Broncos - Paxton Lynch, Lose
5. Cowboys - Dax Prescott, WIN
6. Panthers - Derek Anderson, Lose

dando
10-17-16, 01:15 PM
GManFan :eek: He rocked the joint this week. We're done this week since we all have AZ.

TravelGal
10-17-16, 01:43 PM
GManFan :eek: He rocked the joint this week. We're done this week since we all have AZ.

I know! I hate to say I can hardly believe it, but, I can hardly believe it. I didn't realize we differed on so many picks until I looked from first to last. :( It helps that both the Chargers and the Giants won since he picks them no matter what their records are. That's called being a fan, he says.

dando
10-17-16, 06:41 PM
I know! I hate to say I can hardly believe it, but, I can hardly believe it. I didn't realize we differed on so many picks until I looked from first to last. :( It helps that both the Chargers and the Giants won since he picks them no matter what their records are. That's called being a fan, he says.

If he hits with AZ tonight, it'll be a new track record for the season. ;)

WickerBill
10-17-16, 08:44 PM
I'm really struggling picking games so early in the week this year. I wish the game either excluded Thursdays or let us pick the Sunday games up until game time.

nrc
10-17-16, 09:34 PM
I'm really struggling picking games so early in the week this year. I wish the game either excluded Thursdays or let us pick the Sunday games up until game time.

The latter was my suggestion last year - allow simple forfeit of the Thursday game if you miss the deadline. Don't think the system allowed it.

dando
10-18-16, 03:28 AM
The latter was my suggestion last year - allow simple forfeit of the Thursday game if you miss the deadline. Don't think the system allowed it.

Being able to make/change picks up to game time is becoming more and more important (Ravens sidelined 5 players before game time last week). :\

TravelGal
10-18-16, 10:48 AM
Being able to make/change picks up to game time is becoming more and more important (Ravens sidelined 5 players before game time last week). :\

I agree with this. To have 2 1/2 days to pick and have to pick 2 1/2 days before all but one game is really "not fair." Though the Thursday night game did give me one of my FEW wins this week.

cameraman
10-18-16, 12:51 PM
I just wish This Week in Pro Football was still on.

Dvdb
10-18-16, 01:04 PM
The benevolent commish is listening.

I had the same thought a few years ago when we went to the "new" format, i.e. Thursday games. For example, I would not have picked Carolina if he had been ruled out on Thursday instead of Friday.

Then again, everyone has the same disadvantage.

Thoughts on maybe changing the deadline?

Congrats, Gman. Made a 'yuge' move this past week.

And consider this your weekly reminder, folks.

dando
10-18-16, 01:08 PM
In any case, picks in for the week.

TravelGal
10-19-16, 11:55 AM
Congrats, Gman. Made a 'yuge' move this past week.

Tanks. He reports he expects to go from first to last this week. "Six games a toss up," he says. :D

Gnam
10-19-16, 02:43 PM
Week 6 was below .500 for me: 7 out of 15, and got the Monday game.

I did not expect the Raiders or Packers to fold. Seahawks played better than I expected.

TravelGal
10-21-16, 02:11 PM
Cameraman, wherefore art thou? I hope we didn't lose you. Commish? Any news? Spot him the Thursday game?

cameraman
10-21-16, 02:20 PM
Yeah I remembered it this morning... It just wasn't gonna happen this week. Haven't had time to look at anything.:cry:

Dvdb
10-25-16, 02:14 PM
Would have been happy to, had he sent me his Sunday/Monday picks.

I am guessing Camerman would vote for a later deadline?

Bump....

TravelGal
10-25-16, 02:29 PM
I'm depressed. On the other hand, I'm giving Cameraman a chance to not come in last even with missing a week. :(

Gnam
10-25-16, 02:32 PM
Ignoring the tie game, I got 10 of 14 this week, including MNF.

49ers are on a bye next week, which means one less easy pick. :\

dando
10-25-16, 04:53 PM
In. 9:30 am kick on Sunday for the Bingles. nrc gonna hafta get up early. :gomer:

dando
10-25-16, 04:55 PM
49ers are on a bye next week, which means one less easy pick. :\

But then you have the J-E-T-S vs. Clowns. U-G-L-Y. :saywhat:

Gnam
10-25-16, 05:03 PM
But then you have the J-E-T-S vs. Clowns. U-G-L-Y. :saywhat:
I like Kevin Hogan. I think he'll have a longer career than Jared Goff.

dando
10-25-16, 05:44 PM
I like Kevin Hogan. I think he'll have a longer career than Jared Goff.

IMO, he's OK, considering the OL (Thomas is done after this season, IMO) and supporting cast....and especially considering he's the Clowns 5th QB just this season. RIP, Hue Jackson...shoulda stayed in Cincy. :irked:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/02/austin-davis-will-be-browns-24th-starting-quarterback-since-1999/

WickerBill
10-31-16, 07:06 AM
Would you PLEASE have a bad week, commish??

dando
10-31-16, 10:19 AM
Would you PLEASE have a bad week, commish??

At least you're gaining and w/in striking range...those two 14s hurt you. I'm toast after this week. :\ We're all in (or out) on Minnie tonight (pretty much a sure thing, IMO), so this week is done.

TravelGal
11-01-16, 01:23 AM
At least you're gaining and w/in striking range...those two 14s hurt you. I'm toast after this week. :\ We're all in (or out) on Minnie tonight (pretty much a sure thing, IMO), so this week is done.

So much for a sure thing. I'm rooting GManFan to a podium finish. He just has to gain two games on the field to capture the bronze. ;)

dando
11-01-16, 01:53 AM
So much for a sure thing. I'm rooting GManFan to a podium finish. He just has to gain two games on the field to capture the bronze. ;)

I give up. :saywhat: :shakehead: The NFC is a crap shoot, and I refuse to go all in on the 'boyz. The AFC isn't much better (Raiderz?) other than the Pats. It would appear that there are only three absolute truths...death, taxes, and the Browns suck. :gomer: :D

EDIT: Guilty of drinking the Kool Aid about Minnie's 'vaunted' D. Plus, w/o the threat of AP, the O is a sitting duck. And you can't just let Cutler...Cutler mind you...carve you up for 250, but the running game kept the Vikes off balance, IMHO.

chop456
11-01-16, 04:01 AM
He's no Klingler.

dando
11-01-16, 04:20 AM
He's no Klingler.

Or Akili Smith. :\ :saywhat:

dando
11-01-16, 02:02 PM
For someone reason, I'm tilting at the windmill yet again. Picks in...lots of teeth gnashing this week. :\ Nags/Raiderz will be a fun watch Sunday night. I did pick two sure things...Bingles over BYE (but could be another tie), and 'boyz over Clowns. :gomer: :D

Dvdb
11-02-16, 07:19 PM
Guess I am on a good streak. But I am sure it will come to an end. We are due for one of those upset weeks where we all get six of seven wins.

Consider this your weekly "Get your picks in".......a day late. Sorry

nrc
11-02-16, 08:38 PM
Wow. One good week and I'm back in it. Still a ways back but I'm running a fuel strategy.

dando
11-02-16, 09:29 PM
Wow. One good week and I'm back in it. Still a ways back but I'm running a fuel strategy.

The Bingles will haunt you. :gomer: :irked:

dando
11-07-16, 02:26 PM
Grumbles....again. :irked:

TravelGal
11-07-16, 03:15 PM
At least GManFan made a comeback. Alas, JessGuessin' is still mired at the bottom. In other news, I think we should spot Cameraman his average correct answers to give him a chance for a realistic move in the second half of the season. Speaking as someone who managed to miss a week last year through utter mismanagement.

Dvdb
11-08-16, 03:16 PM
I was just looking at the standings and wondered if Camerman, after missing an entire week, can catch you, Marge.

Also, I need a good week. Someone is getting a little too close to my lead.

Off to change my password.....