PDA

View Full Version : Football Pool Time

Pages : 1 [2] 3

cameraman
11-08-16, 03:51 PM
It's not a problem. There's a reasonably good chance that I'll forget again before the season is over anyway. :rolleyes:

nrc
11-08-16, 05:59 PM
I'm on fiya!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y47G-Wa4qfs

TravelGal
11-08-16, 06:52 PM
I was just looking at the standings and wondered if Camerman, after missing an entire week, can catch you, Marge.

:p:p:p:p:p:p Although, actually, I was thinking the same thing.

It's not a problem. There's a reasonably good chance that I'll forget again before the season is over anyway. :rolleyes:

Always possible but I still think there should be a mercy rule. ;)

dando
11-08-16, 08:24 PM
In. Against my better judgement, I went with the Powder Blues vs. The Fish. And of course the Bingles under the lights. :shakehead:

Dvdb
11-10-16, 03:30 PM
Aaaand.......we wait on Cameraman to get his week 10 picks in.............

nrc
11-10-16, 04:30 PM
I have to say, I almost picked the Browns. Hue knows the Ravens and they might get caught napping.

Nah.

dando
11-10-16, 04:40 PM
I have to say, I almost picked the Browns. Hue knows the Ravens and they might get caught napping.

Nah.

Dude, that jet lag must be harsh. 0-16. 0-20 if'n you count pre-season.

cameraman
11-10-16, 07:56 PM
Well ****.

Ravens
Packers
Rams
Saints
Texans
Vikings
Bears
Jags
Falcons
Chargers
Steelers
Cardinals
Patriots
Bungles

dando
11-10-16, 09:00 PM
Well ****.

Ravens
Packer
Texans
Vikings
Bears
Jags
Falcons
Chargers
Steelers
Cardinals
Patriots
Bungles

Bingles? Well crap, we're doomed. :\ :gomer:

Dvdb
11-11-16, 07:32 PM
Commishing.......Check your messages, Cameraman.

cameraman
11-11-16, 08:35 PM
Well ****.

Ravens
Packers
Rams ***
Saints ***
Texans ***
Vikings
Bears
Jags <=== Supposed to be Panthers. They're both the same species of cat:rolleyes:
Falcons
Chargers
Steelers
Cardinals
Patriots
Bungles

Edits for clarity and Panthera nomenclature

Dvdb
11-12-16, 12:32 AM
We good.....

dando
11-15-16, 02:51 PM
Congrats, TG...I think. :irked: :p ;)

TravelGal
11-15-16, 03:28 PM
Congrats, TG...I think. :irked: :p ;)

Yeah, it's amazing that someone could win two of the weeks and be so far behind in the standings. Sigh. Anyway, I'm about to tilt at the windmills once again so watch out world! :thumbup:

dando
11-15-16, 03:52 PM
As good as the match ups were last week, this week is :yuck:. :(

Oh, and picks are in.

Dvdb
11-17-16, 02:10 PM
This weeks delinquents.......Cameraman and NRC.....get your picks in, gentlemen.

nrc
11-22-16, 01:04 AM
Were we playing "first one to 200 points" or are we playing out the season? :gomer:

Dvdb
11-22-16, 02:59 PM
Sorry, season, playoffs, Super Bowl. And if I am not the clear cut winner, then we will add the Pro Bowl.

dando
11-22-16, 03:38 PM
Done. Tuff choice b/w Clowns and GMen. :gomer: :p

Dvdb
11-22-16, 05:48 PM
Just a reminder, Thursday has an early kick off this week. Picks are due in the morning.

TravelGal
11-23-16, 01:06 PM
Somebody better remind cameraman of the early deadline. Now that I'm in, he's the only delinquent left.

Dvdb
11-24-16, 10:50 AM
Color me impressed.....everyone is in. And with that, Happy Thanksgiving sports fans.

TravelGal
11-25-16, 02:17 PM
Color me impressed.....everyone is in. And with that, Happy Thanksgiving sports fans.

:thumbup:

Sigh. My poor Vikings. Due to a vagary of the EARLY games, I could have switched my pick until the normal deadline but I held out hope until the end. And I do mean the end. Other than that, I can hardly remember such uniformity in picks.

dando
11-30-16, 09:09 AM
Done.

9ers/Bears... :yuck: Can I pick Bye over Clowns instead? :gomer: :D

Dvdb
11-30-16, 01:55 PM
Wednesday bump......

dando
12-01-16, 08:36 AM
Looks like we're all in except for the usual delinquent cman. The fact that TG is ahead of me is :irked:. ;)

TravelGal
12-01-16, 05:09 PM
Looks like we're all in except for the usual delinquent cman. The fact that TG is ahead of me is :irked:. ;)

Yep. I knew I was doomed last week when I saw that you were the only other one to pick Minnesota. :p

In other news Cameraman is IN! Where's that dancing banana?!!!

dando
12-01-16, 05:58 PM
Yep. I knew I was doomed last week when I saw that you were the only other one to pick Minnesota. :p

I prefer dancing penguins. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSYdOidSqjU

I can't make head or tails on the Vikes, and now Zimmer is questionable for tonight. :\

dando
12-01-16, 06:20 PM

I prefer dancing penguins. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSYdOidSqjU

I can't make head or tails on the Vikes, and now Zimmer is questionable for tonight. :\

Now Gronk is done....

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18180537/new-england-patriots-te-rob-gronkowski-back-surgery

Insomniac
12-01-16, 08:54 PM
Now Gronk is done....

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18180537/new-england-patriots-te-rob-gronkowski-back-surgery

We'll see if he goes on IR.

dando
12-01-16, 11:21 PM
We'll see if he goes on IR.

He's done this season. $.02

dando
12-04-16, 03:49 PM
OK, so I don't pick the Bingles, and nrc takes magic beans with him to Cincy. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. :eek: First P$U gets pansted and now the Iggles. Sucks to be a PA fan boi. :gomer:

dando
12-06-16, 08:20 AM
I must have been smoking crack to pick the Jets last week. :saywhat: Good Lord, that was awful/pitiful last night. :shakehead:

This week's delight...Jets/9ers. Talk about the Craptastic Bowl. Wow.

Gnam
12-06-16, 06:46 PM
I must have been smoking crack to pick the Jets last week. :saywhat: Good Lord, that was awful/pitiful last night. :shakehead:

This week's delight...Jets/9ers. Talk about the Craptastic Bowl. Wow.
The Jets game this week and the Rams game on Christmas Eve are the only chances left for the 49ers to break their 11 game losing streak.
If they end up 1-15, it will be their worst season since the team started in 1950. :yuck:

Gnam
12-06-16, 07:00 PM
Just reviewing the numbers... over the past 20 years, the 49ers had 7 winning seasons. Their win loss record is 153-162-1.
They lose 49% of the time. :shakehead:

dando
12-07-16, 10:38 AM
Just reviewing the numbers... over the past 20 years, the 49ers had 7 winning seasons. Their win loss record is 153-162-1.
They lose 49% of the time. :shakehead:

At least they're living up to their name. :gomer: Gotta be better than the Bungles from 1990-2004. :irked:

nrc
12-07-16, 11:38 AM
At least they're living up to their name. :gomer: Gotta be better than the Bungles from 1990-2004. :irked:

The Bengals were 71-153 during that span for 32%. Compare that to 113–101–3 (52%) since and you see why Bengals fans should be careful when they talk about coaching changes.

dando
12-07-16, 01:11 PM
The Bengals were 71-153 during that span for 32%. Compare that to 113–101–3 (52%) since and you see why Bengals fans should be careful when they talk about coaching changes.

I hear ya, but this season has been frustrating on so many levels following the playoff implosion last season. :irked:

dando
12-08-16, 11:34 AM
Commish is holding out trying to keep his lead. :gomer: Bump.

nrc
12-08-16, 02:21 PM
Commish is holding out trying to keep his lead. :gomer: Bump.

At least I won't make the mistake of picking the Jets again <checks schedule> DOH!

Gnam
12-08-16, 02:32 PM
At least I won't make the mistake of picking the Jets again <checks schedule> DOH!
Gnam's 'Stone cold lock of the century of the week' Jets 35 - 49ers 10

dando
12-08-16, 03:09 PM
Gnam's 'Stone cold lock of the century of the week' Jets 35 - 49ers 10

The Craptastic Bowl is in SF...did they build the scoreboard to show negative scores? :gomer: I almost wish I could see the game for comedic relief. :D

Dvdb
12-08-16, 03:13 PM
Your commissioner is in......just waiting for cameraman.

Gnam
12-08-16, 03:38 PM
The Craptastic Bowl is in SF...did they build the scoreboard to show negative scores? :gomer: I almost wish I could see the game for comedic relief. :D
Good chance it will be raining too. Attendance will catastrophic.

dando
12-08-16, 04:59 PM

Snow expected in Cleveburgh. This should be fun. :\

dando
12-12-16, 01:24 PM
Looks like I am the lone wolf with da Ravens tonight. My only chance to close the gap with TG. :irked: :gomer:

TravelGal
12-12-16, 06:01 PM
Looks like I am the lone wolf with da Ravens tonight. My only chance to close the gap with TG. :irked: :gomer:

meh heh heh.

I still marvel that I can win so many weeks and fumble the whole season. Instead of "go big or go home" I seem to be "lose big and go home." :laugh:

dando
12-14-16, 01:04 PM
Bump and done. nrc told me to pick the Bingles. :gomer: :D

dando
12-14-16, 01:06 PM
meh heh heh.

I still marvel that I can win so many weeks and fumble the whole season. Instead of "go big or go home" I seem to be "lose big and go home." :laugh:

Kinda like the Bills in the 90s, eh? ;)

Gnam
12-14-16, 02:27 PM
The 49ers have the Falcons right where they want them. :gomer:

dando
12-14-16, 05:16 PM
The 49ers have the Falcons right where they want them. :gomer:

I propose the 9ers/Clowns face off for the #1 pick in lieu of the Pro Bowl. :gomer: :D

Gnam
12-14-16, 06:13 PM
I propose the 9ers/Clowns face off for the #1 pick in lieu of the Pro Bowl. :gomer: :D
Only if they don't play football.

Dvdb
12-14-16, 07:20 PM
This is your Wednesday reminder. Picks, please.

dando
12-14-16, 10:56 PM

Neither does. :gomer: :D

TravelGal
12-15-16, 02:05 PM

:laugh: Headline this week in Daily News (Valley, fer sure) newspaper Sports section: "LA still waiting for professional football team" :laugh:

dando
12-15-16, 02:33 PM
:laugh: Headline this week in Daily News (Valley, fer sure) newspaper Sports section: "LA still waiting for professional football team" :laugh:

So you are suggesting I shouldn't have picked the Lambs for tonight's game? :gomer: :D Cleveburgh has been waiting for a football team since they fired Paul Brown...and later Bellyache...and then Marty. :) :gomer:

Dvdb
12-18-16, 09:10 PM
I think we may have a first in Offcamber NFL pool history...........

TravelGal
12-18-16, 09:26 PM

???? All I can say is that TravelGuy isn't so sure whether he really wants TB to win or not (if he knows what's good for him). LOL LOL. :D

Dvdb
12-19-16, 12:52 PM
First time a husband and wife battled for the week's win on a Sunday night game.

Dvdb
12-19-16, 12:54 PM
PS......hey, NRC, I am the first to 300 points.......

nrc
12-19-16, 04:13 PM
Heh. At this rate I may not even make it to 300 points. :)

TravelGal
12-20-16, 01:56 AM
First time a husband and wife battled for the week's win on a Sunday night game.

GManFan is a gracious loser because, after all, he's still a few games ahead of me in the standings. :)

dando
12-20-16, 08:22 PM
And for this week's dining pleasure, we have the 9ers/Rams. :gomer:

Gnam
12-20-16, 08:34 PM
Do you believe in miracles? Beat LA! :D

Dvdb
12-21-16, 01:02 PM
Your pre-Christmas bump......

TravelGal
12-26-16, 05:58 PM

History repeats itself. I'm still a mired in 4th place though I definitely have my sights set on a podium finish. heheheh.

Dvdb
12-27-16, 03:34 PM
Third place is in sight, Marge. Just don't spit the bit this week.

dando
12-27-16, 09:40 PM
Note before you make your picks, per Twitter sources, The 'boyz have moved Sanchez up the depth chart so that Romo doesn't get broken behind the 2nd team OL. I'm guessing Dak and Zeke will play a quarter, maybe a half.

TravelGal
12-28-16, 03:59 PM
Third place is in sight, Marge. Just don't spit the bit this week. (Love that expression!)

ACK~! The pressure is unbearable! Guess I'll have to go guess right now so I don't forget and miss the deadline. :gomer:
Edit: Ratz, I picked all the same ones at GManFan. I can't move up. I'll have to consider an upset somewhere.

Insomniac
12-28-16, 04:57 PM
Steelers are benching Ben, Bell and Brown.

TravelGal
12-29-16, 02:14 AM
Steelers are benching Ben, Bell and Brown.

Thanks for the hint. I think I'll stick with them over Cleveland anyway. :confused:

Dvdb
01-04-17, 09:31 PM
Playoffs? Playoffs?..............Picks, please.

TravelGal
01-10-17, 12:48 PM
So I thought, "Why not pick Oakland? They have a good team; give the 3rd string QB a chance." Not realizing the "team" (Pro Bowlers) had vamoosed to the sidelines. :yuck:

Gnam
01-10-17, 02:24 PM
So I thought, "Why not pick Oakland? They have a good team; give the 3rd string QB a chance." Not realizing the "team" (Pro Bowlers) had vamoosed to the sidelines. :yuck:
Crabtree choked. He had problems with dropped passes when he was with the 49ers.
I thought he outgrew it. Nope.

dando
01-10-17, 08:32 PM
Needful done. Texans > Pats...NOT. ;)

TravelGal
01-16-17, 02:28 AM
BOOOOOOYAH! :thumbup::thumbup: Clinging to the podium by one game. I was pretty sure of my picks this weekend. Not so sure from here on out.

TravelGal
01-17-17, 01:13 PM
Picks are in. GManFan and I decided to choose opposite winners. We'll see how THAT works out. LOL.

dando
01-17-17, 03:23 PM
Picks are in. GManFan and I decided to choose opposite winners. We'll see how THAT works out. LOL.

GMen and Bolts in the SB? :gomer: ;) I had to shower after picking Stealers/Pats. :\ :irked:

WickerBill
01-21-17, 02:39 PM
Why was the deadline on Thursday? Shouldn't I be able to change my picks until game day, at least?

TravelGal
01-22-17, 01:39 AM
It's a holdover from the regular season. Even on a week when there was no Thursday game, which happened at least once.

WickerBill
01-22-17, 01:50 PM
Dumb, Poolhost. Commish, I'd like to change a pick.

Dvdb
01-22-17, 06:25 PM
Putting the commish in an awkward position. My first thought is rules are rules. But the benevolent part of my character may allow it, since a change won't materially change the season standings. Dm me the change and I will consider it.

WickerBill
01-22-17, 07:23 PM
You're right. Won't change anything.

But I disagree that you're in an awkward spot. You've accepted picks several times for people who missed the deadline. I didn't miss it - just couldn't change it.

TravelGal
01-23-17, 01:27 PM
This is what I get for picking the team I WANTED to win instead of the team I THOUGHT would win. :cry::cry: Poor Green Bay. Talk about being murdered on the field.

TravelGal
01-23-17, 01:30 PM
deleted double post

TravelGal
01-23-17, 01:38 PM
You're right. Won't change anything.

But I disagree that you're in an awkward spot. You've accepted picks several times for people who missed the deadline. I didn't miss it - just couldn't change it.

I don't think changing a pick after the deadline is the same thing as helping out those of us who were too preoccupied (or out of the state/country) to get the picks in on time. That said, aren't you glad he didn't? :D:D

Insomniac
01-23-17, 02:40 PM
No one asked, but I'd suggest finding a better platform in the future, unless the commish relishes the power. ;)

Dvdb
01-24-17, 02:56 PM
Is there a coup afoot?

Dvdb
01-24-17, 03:01 PM
As Marge wrote, I entered picks for some people through the years, and they were all penalized one game for their tardiness.

And I would add, I initially picked Pittsburgh last week. On Thursday, I heard that they had fifteen players fighting the flu. Thought about changing to the Evil Empire, but it was too late.

We all played by the same rules.

Petition denied.

Insomniac
01-24-17, 03:12 PM
Is there a coup afoot?

Not from me, it's your thing. Just suggesting everyone could be better off if you chose a different platform that let picks be set/changed right up to [each individual] game time.

TravelGal
01-24-17, 03:34 PM
Not from me, it's your thing. Just suggesting everyone could be better off if you chose a different platform that let picks be set/changed right up to game time.

They pretty much are allowed right up to game time. The first game is on Thursday night. Usually. ;)

Insomniac
01-24-17, 04:05 PM
They pretty much are allowed right up to game time. The first game is on Thursday night. Usually. ;)

Edited just for you. :P

nrc
01-24-17, 04:43 PM
As a point of order, picks or changes should never be allowed after picks are revealed. At least not without penalty.

And for the record, thanks for setting this up.

TravelGal
01-25-17, 01:55 PM
As a point of order, picks or changes should never be allowed after picks are revealed. At least not without penalty.

And for the record, thanks for setting this up.

Not allowed at all after picks are revealed. I'm sure the commish would agree. Or we'd all change our picks to his picks. :D

My thanks as well. Those who don't participate are missing a lot of fun during the season.

dando
01-25-17, 02:25 PM
My Pro Bowl picks are in...I took the over at 120. :gomer: ;)

TravelGal
02-06-17, 04:36 PM
After rooting like a banshee for Atlanta for the entire game (regardless of my PoolHost choice), I can take some solace in that I finished the season on the podium and nearly caught NRC at the checkered flag for second. Bring it on next year, dudes. I'm up to 64% correct. :rofl::rofl:

nrc
02-06-17, 04:54 PM
After rooting like a banshee for Atlanta for the entire game (regardless of my PoolHost choice), I can take some solace in that I finished the season on the podium and nearly caught NRC at the checkered flag for second. Bring it on next year, dudes. I'm up to 64% correct. :rofl::rofl:

I'm surprised how many people picked the Falcons. I knew it was a wash for me either way so attempted to double reverse jinx the Pats by picking the Falcons.

dando
02-06-17, 07:14 PM

Around these parts there is a saying...even blind squirrels find a nut every now and then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSUXXzN26zg

:gomer: ;)

Dvdb
02-07-17, 03:13 PM

Thank you, thank you. Please sit down. No, please.
I am both honored and humbled. First, I would like to thank my parents.....you know who you are. Nrc, you tried to give me a run, but..........Travelgal, I am impressed how far you have come throughout the years. From an afterthought to a podium finish. And bragging rights in your house. Enjoy, but use it for good and not evil.
Before I get played off by the band, let me take a moment to remind you that it is now time for college basketball study. March Madness will be here before we know it.
Again, I thank you for playing, and for this trophy.

nrc
02-07-17, 05:05 PM

Thank you, thank you. Please sit down. No, please.
I am both honored and humbled. First, I would like to thank my parents.....you know who you are. Nrc, you tried to give me a run, but..........Travelgal, I am impressed how far you have come throughout the years. From an afterthought to a podium finish. And bragging rights in your house. Enjoy, but use it for good and not evil.
Before I get played off by the band, let me take a moment to remind you that it is now time for college basketball study. March Madness will be here before we know it.
Again, I thank you for playing, and for this trophy.

Congrats and well done!

Unfortunately the Bengal's poor season doomed my run. It's not so much that I'm unrealistic about their chances. It just always feels wrong to pick against if they've got a shot at a win. It's like Mike Brown will call up and say, "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."