PDA

View Full Version : “It might get better, but it’s gotten a little worse, to be honest."

rabbit
08-17-16, 03:55 PM
http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/2016/08/16/grief-still-fresh-year-justin-wilsons-death/88835464/ :(

Wilson’s death affected me far more than any other driver. I still get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach when I think about him. And I'm just some putz fan. I can't imagine what the family is going through.

Gnam
08-17-16, 07:53 PM
Susie Wheldon, who is raising two boys without their father, Dan [Wheldon], who died in a 2011 IndyCar crash at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

“Susie clearly understands me,” Julia [widow of Justin Wilson] said. “I’ll give her a text or a call and she seems to sort my head out.”

Susie said her message is based on being “a little further along with the grief.”

“I tell her it’s normal to feel the things she feels – being angry, being sad, being overwhelmed,” said Susie, who took many of her grieving cues from Debbie Savini, who lost her fiancé, Tony Renna, in a 2003 crash at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. “Julia has to allow herself to trust her feelings, try to make sense of it all, experience the journey and try to feel ‘normal,’ whatever feeling ‘normal’ is.”
SOB. :mad: