PDA

View Full Version : Philly - No More Swimming in Dumpsters

Elmo T
08-04-16, 04:38 PM
Oh how I love Philly...

Philadelphia To Its Residents: Don't Swim In Dumpsters (http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/08/04/488695414/philadelphia-to-its-residents-dont-swim-in-dumpsters)

From the City's own L&I Dept press release:

In view of the City's commitment to public health, safety and basic common sense, we will not issue permits for block party dumpster pools. And while you would think this decision would not require an explanation, three days of press requests have proven otherwise.

And then this :rofl:

We are not screwing around, Philly. The Streets Department will not issue any future block party permits to the 2400 block of Cedar, and officials have contacted the dumpster rental company regarding its failures to obtain the proper closure permits and to take mandatory measures to protect the street during placement of the dumpster.

I was going to post a photo but thought better. A google image search of Philly Dumpster Pools might work. :laugh:

Gnam
08-04-16, 05:28 PM
this is genius. :laugh:

How has this not already appeared on 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia'.

Insomniac
08-07-16, 03:34 PM
I have to admit, my initial reaction was how do you swim in a dumpster (I pictured the smaller ones garbage trucks lift up)? But then realized it was probably the type you rent when renovating. I'd never do it, but it is funny/clever to quickly fashion a pool that way.

opinionated ow
08-07-16, 09:18 PM
I have to admit, my initial reaction was how do you swim in a dumpster (I pictured the smaller ones garbage trucks lift up)? But then realized it was probably the type you rent when renovating. I'd never do it, but it is funny/clever to quickly fashion a pool that way.

Oh right. I thought the same thing as you. We call the latter a 'skip' in Australia.