PDA

View Full Version : How awkward am I, part 3742

WickerBill
08-03-16, 01:44 PM
At grocery store this morning, because it isn't busy and because my job affords me that option.

In one aisle I find myself behind this woman, maybe 30-35, wearing a straight skirt that has a zipper, at the waist in the back, that's maybe six-eight inches long. She is petite, but the zipper, while zipped up all the way, has given up and is open from top to bottom. What lies underneath I desperately did not focus on, but it was mostly flesh.

She *clearly* does not know.

What do I do, what do I do, what do I do?

A) walk up and tell her.
B) ignore it like a gentleman (and to avoid being labeled a creep, even though I'm certain telling her would save her embarrassment in the very near-term future.)

Which one do you pick?

Well, my awkward-a** self chose C) walk around until you find another total stranger female, tell her the situation, hope she doesn't think I'm insane, and ask her to tell the woman.

Plan C worked, but I must tell you, I think it's weird that C was the first and only option that popped into my head until after I had left the store and had the classic introverted debrief and argument with myself in my car.

P.S. I'm glad I have a place like this where literally only two of you have ever met me and I can admit this kind of thing without having to look any of you in the eye.

dando
08-03-16, 05:33 PM
D. Ask her for a date. :p :D

Personally I would have let guest services know and let them handle it. :)

stroker
08-03-16, 08:34 PM
You done it right, WB

Gnam
08-03-16, 08:41 PM
At least you didn't yell out, "Aisle 3. I need a price check on buns."

You'd think she'd notice a draft.

SteveH
08-03-16, 10:54 PM
Regardless of your course of action, I hope you took a cellphone picture and posted it on Facebook.

TKGAngel
08-04-16, 08:14 AM
How do you not notice that there is a breeze drifting across the prairies where normally breezes do not reach?

WB, ya did good.

nissan gtp
08-04-16, 09:02 AM
I wouldn't have said anything, but might have watched for a while. ;)

WickerBill
08-04-16, 11:17 AM
Really?

I figured (after the fact of course) that the right answer was to just go up to her and explain she's having an issue, and deal with the embarrassment we'd both have. Just not sure I'd have the nerve, and I know I'd be annoyed if I got slapped, too.

nrc
08-04-16, 11:28 AM
Tougher question than the music/sports one.

I'd probably be more embarrassed to talk with someone else about. Either I'd convince myself that it was a performance art piece and skulk out or I'd rely that the fact that she wouldn't immediately know the full measure of her exposure to let her know that she had an issue and then get well away before the full embarrassment shock wave hit.

Elmo T
08-04-16, 12:58 PM
Did a marriage therapy session (that's a whole different story) where our 60ish female counselor seemed to forget buttoning most of her blouse. She must have thrown the sweater on and forgot about it. Took the sweater off mid session.

I didn't know if it was some sort of test or what. :saywhat::rofl:

I didn't say a word but kept looking at the wife indicating SHE should say something. Neither of us spoke up. We did have a laugh on the way out to the car. Maybe it was a test. :rolleyes:

pfc_m_drake
08-06-16, 08:01 PM
The fact that the story didn't end with you, the lady in question, and the complete stranger lady in a threesome tells me that you failed...

TravelGal
08-08-16, 12:55 PM
I'm loving this thread. I thought about it seriously. What would I wish had been done had I been in that gal's situation. I concluded that I would be embarrassed either way but massively embarrassed no matter how kindly I was told by a man. Much better to be told by another female. You done good. :thumbup:

WickerBill
08-14-21, 07:27 PM
Dredging this old thread up because I just had another grocery store incident.

I'm in line and you know how you can sort of "feel" when someone gets behind you in line? There's some noise, but you can just sense it? Well, I sensed it.

So I turned around to glance, and there was this absolute boulder of a man. His cart looked like a toy. He was an easy 5" taller than me and I am 6f3i. He looked uncomfortably muscular, on top of just being enormous. So naturally, I think to myself "big dude".

Except it came out of my mouth. I turned, looked at the large man, said "big dude" (actually more like "BIG dude") out loud, then turned back around.

He said "yep" in a way that indicated he definitely wished for me to hear.

So, I had to turn BACK around, and try to explain to this behemoth that it was a thought, and I have no idea why it decided to be verbal, and I wasn't trying to inform him of the situation...

Sigh. I cannot take myself anywhere.

pfc_m_drake
08-14-21, 08:44 PM
Eh...it could have been worse.
The Big Dude could have been part of the threesome mentioned in post #11 :eek: :eek: :p :)

nrc
08-14-21, 10:14 PM
WB has the ability to burst zippers with his mind and now he's lost the power to control his inner voice. This feels like the setup for an M. Night Shyamalan movie and I'm worried about the big twist that's coming.

TravelGal
08-16-21, 12:30 PM
WB has the ability to burst zippers with his mind and now he's lost the power to control his inner voice. This feels like the setup for an M. Night Shyamalan movie and I'm worried about the big twist that's coming.

:laugh::laugh: I was thinking that he's lucky that the guy didn't go ballistic. I like yours better.