PDA

View Full Version : Was just asked a question I struggled to answer....

WickerBill
07-19-16, 10:54 AM
If you could choose one of these two things, and the other would be banished from your life forever - you'd never hear about it, etc... which would you choose?

1. Music
2. Sports

Thought this would be an interesting crowd to answer... :)

Insomniac
07-19-16, 11:13 AM
If you could choose one of these two things, and the other would be banished from your life forever - you'd never hear about it, etc... which would you choose?

1. Music
2. Sports

Thought this would be an interesting crowd to answer... :)

Music. Primarily because I don't create music, so it's not a hobby. Plus, there's still TV. ;)

datachicane
07-19-16, 12:24 PM
I'd give up sports for music in a heartbeat. Not even close. Music manages to screw with my brain chemistry in ways that nothing else can.

SteveH
07-19-16, 12:34 PM
Very tough decision for this Cubs fan when it looks like the team might be on the verge of a winning decade. But I can't give up music.

Elmo T
07-19-16, 01:14 PM
Love sports, but it is not a part of my life everyday like music. Music is a constant.

Goodbye Sports - it has been fun.

G.
07-19-16, 01:16 PM
Assuming that "banished" means in all formats, passive as well as active, I could give up sports easily.

Music can be background ambiance or studied intently.

For me to get into a game, I need to sit still for a few hours, or be participating in it. I suck at both. :D

I just realized - I don't believe that I watched an entire football game last year.
How'd the Bears do? :)

nrc
07-19-16, 01:24 PM
Yeah, I'd give up sports. As much time as I spend watching football, thinking, and talking about it, it's still a pastime. Music is more an integral part of my life.

SteveH
07-19-16, 01:27 PM
To give up music means that I'd have to listen to talk radio in my car. That's never going to happen.

nrc
07-19-16, 02:20 PM
Not even if it was sports talk? :D

SteveH
07-19-16, 02:50 PM
Not even if it was sports talk? :D

that would even be worse! :laugh:

dando
07-19-16, 03:54 PM
D. None of the above. :gomer: ;)

Sports is the only reason I have not become a cable cutter. I have diverse interests in all the major sports having played football (briefly), hoops, baseball/softball, golf, tennis and T&F.

TravelGal
07-21-16, 08:00 PM
Music, music, music. Put another nickle in, in the nickelodeon. I did have to think about it for a minute. No, it was 5 seconds. But I did have to think about it.

chop456
07-22-16, 05:41 AM
Bye, sports.

dando
07-23-16, 05:48 PM
What about flicks? I think I have as many DVDs as CDs in my collection. :)

RaceGrrl
07-24-16, 02:57 PM
Music over sports.

gjc2
07-24-16, 05:09 PM
Do you mean give up watching/following, or give up participating in sports?
How do you define sports? Is riding my bicycle a sport? Is hiking a sport? Is fishing a sport? I’ve spent decades racing slotcars, is that a sport?

WickerBill
07-24-16, 07:15 PM
Sporting competition no longer exists vs music no longer exists.

I have a built-in, strong need for both. But music wins.

gjc2
07-25-16, 06:57 AM
Sporting competition no longer exists vs music no longer exists.

No longer exist now but did exist yesterday, or never existed?

What's definition of music? Are birds chirping or dogs howling music?