PDA

View Full Version : Little e out this weekend...

dando
07-15-16, 12:07 PM
and The Rainbow Warrior may race again at BY400.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/17082127/jeff-gordon-race-dale-earnhardt-jr-brickyard-400

dando
07-20-16, 01:25 PM
He's back....

http://espn.go.com/racing/story/_/id/17112261/jeff-gordon-step-dale-earnhardt-jr-next-two-races

Mary
07-23-16, 04:06 PM
I didn't know they held the Xfinity race at the speedway, too. If this has been going on for a few years, I apologize; I wasn't paying attention. I could say, oh how the mighty have fallen, but what is the point? Oops, I did say it! LOL! I do see that the aluminum families, aka The Aluminati, are out in force. Always good to see.

This is what happens when there is not much happening in the sports world--summertime sports drought--and when it is 90F+ and too hot to go outside. As I type this, it is 95F, but only feels like 92F. Goody. Yeah, BTW, I know baseball is in mid-season, but I sat through way too may Cleveland Indians double headers in the late 60s early 70s; I have a hard time watching a whole baseball game these days unless it is a 7th game of the World Series or something simiar. BTW, I see the NASCAR race is the "dash for cash" whatever the bleep that is. Maybe I'll try the Yankees at 4 pm. Not that the Yankees are real exciting these days. The Steinbrenner sons seem to want to hold on to their dad's money--they don't spend it buying good players so we have a good team. What up wit dat? Oh, the Yankees are playing the SF Giants at Yankee Stadium (it is 4 pm now). If I wanted to spend a week's pay, I'd ride over to the stadium; just a few subways stops away. But if I'd gonna burn a week's pay, I'd rather go to Atlantic City and it is way too hot to ride the dog down there.

I know I'm rambling. Blame the Hornitos, not me. See ya after the F1 race tomorrow.

Mary

Duroc
07-24-16, 12:03 AM
A forty-one year old with repeated concussions, and presenting with nausea and balance issues. The only medical advice given should be to hang it up.

Mary
07-24-16, 08:22 AM
A forty-one year old with repeated concussions, and presenting with nausea and balance issues. The only medical advice given should be to hang it up.

He's already said that after death, his brain is being donated for CTE studies.

Mry

dando
07-24-16, 03:07 PM
Ready to roll. Jeffy starting 21. One of the few NASCAB races I watch.

Mary
07-24-16, 03:22 PM
I'm watching....along with all the aluminum people.

Mary

gjc2
07-24-16, 05:04 PM
He's already said that after death, his brain is being donated for CTE studies.

Mry

I really wondered why he felt compelled make that public. It's too much information for me.

dando
07-24-16, 09:05 PM
Pretty :cool:

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/tony-stewart-jeff-gordon-brickyard-400-indianapolis-motor-speedway-sprint-cup-final-race-072416

WickerBill
07-25-16, 06:34 AM
I really wondered why he felt compelled make that public. It's too much information for me.

I'm assuming it is to use his platform as the most popular driver to call attention to CTE and make current and former drivers think about doing the same. It is also a bit of a shot across the bow of NASCAR - "pay attention to this". I think it's great he did it.

TKGAngel
07-25-16, 11:36 AM
I'm assuming it is to use his platform as the most popular driver to call attention to CTE and make current and former drivers think about doing the same. It is also a bit of a shot across the bow of NASCAR - "pay attention to this". I think it's great he did it.

Dario Franchitti is also donating his brain. And hopefully both his and Dale's are donated after living long, happy lives.

I got nothing on the race other than according to ESPN, TG was named Chairman of the Speedway and Hulman-George 4 months ago and no one noticed.

Mary
07-28-16, 07:09 AM
Dario Franchitti is also donating his brain. And hopefully both his and Dale's are donated after living long, happy lives.

I got nothing on the race other than according to ESPN, TG was named Chairman of the Speedway and Hulman-George 4 months ago and no one noticed.

...cause nobody cares. He's already done all the damage he can do to American open wheel; I don't GAF about the Indy 500 or the speedway, so it went in one ear and out of the other when he was introduced as Chairman.

Mary

SteveH
07-28-16, 09:45 AM
I think TG should donate his brain...... <insert joke here>

nissan gtp
07-28-16, 10:06 AM

"Abby something, ..."

dando
07-28-16, 05:35 PM

Assuming he has one to donate... :tony: :(

G.
07-29-16, 08:19 AM
"Abby someone, ..."

[pause] "Abby someone. Abby who?"

Don Quixote
07-29-16, 10:38 AM
[pause] "Abby someone. Abby who?"

"Abby ....... Normal"

dando
07-30-16, 02:25 PM
Looks like Rainbow has a few more races to go...

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/17178754/dale-earnhardt-jr-indicates-return-racing-not-imminent

dando
08-02-16, 07:46 PM
http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/17203992/dale-earnhardt-jr-ailing-concussion-miss-least-2-more-races

:(