PDA

View Full Version : Inserting Graphics Into Live Video

Insomniac
06-23-16, 10:14 AM
We have a diverse group here. I hoping someone is familiar with inserting graphics overlays into video streams. Do you know the terminology? I feel like I'm just not searching the right stuff because the results stink and this isn't anything novel. Plenty of tutorials to add them to videos or how to use webcam software. The latter is close, but that's not the use case and their usage is pretty specific. Also, to help eliminate stuff, not looking for lower third/chyron. Want to be able to insert any graphics anywhere on the video. Chromakey is probably not ideal unless there's a software way to do it.

WickerBill
06-23-16, 12:12 PM
Typically done with hardware components (such as Ambery), but there are some software-only packages like VidStudio. The reason many of these pro-level options are hardware-based is simply so they can guarantee performance; if your overlay system gets bogged down on a live broadcast, it's a nightmare. Best not to let people choose their own hardware in that case.

Unfortunately, my knowledge is shallow and ends right there.

Insomniac
06-23-16, 03:40 PM
Thanks WB. Looking at Ambery. That's a store, not a brand right?

WickerBill
06-23-16, 05:17 PM
Thanks WB. Looking at Ambery. That's a store, not a brand right?

This was the unit that was in my head (or this is a new version of it): http://www.ambery.com/prviovpr.html