PDA

View Full Version : In Australia...

WickerBill
05-14-16, 09:37 PM
I'm here for the week and

is there really no live coverage of the Spanish GP here? Seriously? You Aussies host a race and you don't show the whole series??

Kiwifan
05-15-16, 02:30 AM

is there really no live coverage of the Spanish GP here? Seriously? You Aussies host a race and you don't show the whole series??

I'm picking it's too late to catch a flight over to NZ sadly. SKY NZ shows the whole package Live including practice, qualifying and the race, generally starting at 12 midnight so unless I have the next day off it's taped.

Sorry WB, been there and had the same problem. Aussies. :p ;)

Hope you get it sorted.

opinionated ow
05-15-16, 03:38 AM

Correct. The SKY coverage is available on Foxtel (Subscription TV) but only about 20% of Australians pay for television. We used to get every race and every qualifying session live until the end of 2014. At this stage half of the races are available but they're usually the crap ones-Bahrain, Sochi etc. or the ones too late in the day to actually watch live (Brazil, USGP) but there are no longer any replays. The other half (including Spain) is just a highlights programme 24 hours after the fact. They're not worth watching. As a result Formula 1 interest in Australia is at an all time low. They've done the same thing with the V8 Supercars-not a single permanent race track round is shown on free to air, just highlights. Basically it sucks.