PDA

View Full Version : Max takes Daniil Kvyat seat at Red Bull

Hard Driver
05-05-16, 09:35 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/max-verstappen-replaces-demoted-daniil-kvyat-red-bull-38893098

Looks like causing multiple collisions by stupid driving gets you demoted. Personally, the FIA should make Daniil start from the pit lane next race, just so everyone else can make it through the first corner.

WickerBill
05-05-16, 09:43 AM
I don't often pay attention to what the US broadcasters say, but they were yammering on last weekend about a power struggle between Red Bull and Toro Rosso, with TR desperate to not be in the shadow of the big sibling anymore. They (TR) fired someone with RB ties and brought in someone new and that was supposedly inciting all sorts of anger within RB.

If true, that makes me wonder if this is two-pronged: demote KVY because he isn't so good, and also remind TR who they are.

Insomniac
05-05-16, 10:33 AM
Ohh great. Like the TV crew needed more reason to gush over him. I guess behaving like that is beneficial. On the Kvyat side, that seems like it is way over the top. It was stupid, but it was one race. Did they ever figure out what happened the second time he and Vettel came together?

cameraman
05-05-16, 03:54 PM
As for the second hit, it occurred at an acceleration point where everyone was getting hard on the throttle. Everyone except for Vettel who was trying to figure out why his handling was gone. So he wasn't onto the gas and Kvyat was and bang. Most of the calmer analysts call the second hit a racing thing that really wasn't avoidable. The first hit was just plain idiotic.

opinionated ow
05-06-16, 10:00 AM
As for the second hit, it occurred at an acceleration point where everyone was getting hard on the throttle. Everyone except for Vettel who was trying to figure out why his handling was gone. So he wasn't onto the gas and Kvyat was and bang. Most of the calmer analysts call the second hit a racing thing that really wasn't avoidable. The first hit was just plain idiotic.

Vettel got out of the throttle because of the force india with a flat in front of him.