PDA

View Full Version : IndyCar Barber...

NismoZ
04-22-16, 02:40 PM
Love that place/track...didn't think it appropriate for IndyCars but have changed my mind. Bourdais on top in practice today, Hawksworth #2 makes perfect sense to me, & only 3 Chevys in the top 10?.. not so much. Honda on the rise? ALL the fastest guys are road racers now, the transformation is complete. I did the Porsche school there a few years ago and it's fun to watch (especially the in car shots) a track you TRIED to go fast around. World Challenge there this weekend, too. Odds are a PORSCHE wins. Their kind of layout, I think. Hope it's my ol' P-School instructor there, Andrew Davis...he's only turned about a MILLION laps there!:) World Challenge with IndyCar at RA this year, too... along with Mazda Indy Lights, Pro Mazda and Formula Mazda,I think...LOTS of racing to pack the paddock...So help me if they block off the IndyCar paddock and charge extra (like they did with the NASCAB/Trans Am weekend:mad:)...I'll set fire to something!

NismoZ
04-22-16, 02:53 PM
Oh, GREAT...while I blabbed on, I could have been watching the live stream of the World Challenge GTS event from Barber! About 20 min. to go...those dang little Ginettas and XBows and Sin R1 GT4s are all OVER the Mustangs and Camaros...doesn't look right. Back to the vid...:)

NismoZ
04-25-16, 08:45 AM
So...anybody watch the race(s) besides me?:)I don't know...it's a TRACK thing. I really like that place. (I have a "history" there!:gomer:) The World Challenge races were very good. (K-PAX will have plenty of footage for new team videos) and the IndyCar race was as good as I have seen recently...though I have only seen a few:rolleyes:...Remember when ChampCar was getting the attention of new guys we had never heard of like, "Pagenaud"? Great finish between Simon and Rahal. Have to admit I was pulling for the kid but having an advantage in PPs of 8-3 wasn't enough to overcome a missing front wing! (Gee, was Pagenaud blocking or was he just turning into that little "corkscrew" a bit early?) No yellows, lots of passing...need MORE natural terrain road courses. Pretty sure we all voiced that MANY years ago...if we gave a crap at ALL!:) Time marches on.

dando
04-25-16, 01:03 PM
I caught the last 20 or so laps. Nice track. Good run by Rahal with the busted wing(s). Some questionable driving tactics towards the end, tho. Seeing tracks like that, I wish like heck they could get back to RA. :\ Don't get me wrong...I'm not a fanboi, but I like to see racing (even lawn mowers :gomer: ) on good tracks.

TravelGal
04-25-16, 01:23 PM
I caught the last 20 or so laps. Nice track. Good run by Rahal with the busted wing(s). Some questionable driving tactics towards the end, tho. Seeing tracks like that, I wish like heck they could get back to RA. :\ Don't get me wrong...I'm not a fanboi, but I like to see racing (even lawn mowers :gomer: ) on good tracks.

I watched it from start to finish and didn't even fast forward through anything. I thought it was the best race they've had this year. Said differently, I thought it was a decent race. Montoya moving 16 or whatever spots, Dixie moving up after being love-tapped by Bourdais, etc. The others have been laughable in too many ways. Townsend and PT disagreed on that "racing incident." I admit I was rooting for Rahal but when I saw the overhead shot, I sided with the circus clowns and thought Pags maintained his line. You get your wish, dando, since RA is on the schedule for June. :tony:

Ed_Severson
04-25-16, 04:00 PM
Seeing tracks like that, I wish like heck they could get back to RA.

We're racing there in June.