PDA

View Full Version : I'm sorry.

Kiwifan
04-17-16, 04:14 PM
Hi Folks, just a quick note to say sorry for not being around and replying to a few Members here esp Gal and dando, you deserve better.

Last September we went on a Tiki Tour of the good old USA travelling 7000 miles through so many backroads of California, Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, South Dakota, Colorado and Arizona. We had a blast, saw so many amazing sights/sites, met so many wonderful people and were all set to post a travel blog but when I heard the news of Andrews passing (and our next door neighbours boy committed suicide the same week after a long illness) I just felt it wasn't the time to be so happy and "rah rah look what we did!"

We are so lucky that location location, right time right place has come this year with a huge influx of Chinese Tourists in to our region spending their hard earned dollars on groceries and star gazing here in Tekapo. To say we have been busy is an understatement. :D

It's funny, my wife collects crystal and in the bottom of her display cabinet I have three model champ cars. I walked past the other day, looked at them and saw them covered in dust and felt so sad and angry to be honest. The CART/Champ Car books are still on the bookshelf, the magazines are in a box somewhere but the memories of race day are still fresh in the mind.

Hope this finds you all well and once again sorry for being a poor contributor of late.

Take care all.
Rusty.

dando
04-17-16, 04:55 PM
Meh. No worries, mate. :) Y'all had another shaker of late. Stay safe. Too bad you had a good trip considering the political crap going on. ;) BTW, post needs pics and a blog on what you saw/did. :)

Ziggy
04-18-16, 11:52 AM
Wow, sounds like a heck of a trip.

TravelGal
04-18-16, 12:00 PM
I'm glad you found the time to check back in. Our friendship is all that we have left of the old gang. Don't be afraid to cheery this place up a bit. Looking forward to it. :thumbup:

nrc
04-18-16, 02:12 PM
Good to hear from you. Sounds like an epic trip. Hope we 'mercuns didn't put you off too much. :D